CivCon 09

I think current economic times also add hardship for some to justify the expenditure.
I don't doubt that <insert frown-nod smilie here>.

Maybe in the not-too-distant future another attempt can be made.
Hopefully.

Ever give any thought into incorporating a Civ event into an existing game-related con? :cool:
I don't think that would be desirable, in great part because of the location and time of year desirability (July/August), or necessary (ApolyCon '06 demonstrating that).

Speaking on behalf of the CivCon '09 Committee, it is with regret that we inform you that this event has been canceled. The reason for coming to this unfortunate decision was due to low registration numbers, even during the 'early bird' period which ended this past Tuesday. Further, lower interest and availability still was received to participate in the multiplayer tournaments, which were to have made up a considerable portion of the event's itinerary.

Thank you to those of you who expressed interest in this event, and an additional nod of appreciation to those of you who did register. Refunds for registration payments, minus applicable PayPal fees, are to be issued within the next few business days -- contact Treasurer Joe "joebreeves" Reeves (joe.reeves@gmail.com) if you have any concerns in this regard. For hotel and any other reservations (e.g. airfare), you will need to cancel them yourselves. Check the terms of these bookings to ensure that you cancel before you are charged for the service.

It had been hoped that registration numbers would have been plentiful enough to see CivCon '09 realized, but unfortunately that has been proven not to be the case. Hopefully there will be further convention opportunities in the future, and that they will come to pass to ultimately become ApolyCon '06's successors.

----
Daniel "DanQ" Quick
CivCon '09 Committee Adviser

I'm so shocked...

Top Bottom