Civilization Leader Pass: New DLC most likely coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teaser just happened. Announcement tomorrow
I just saw it and gosh dang it, Firaxis, you know what you're doing, you unapologetic trolls! :p I bet that the leak wasn't even a real leak, and it was Firaxis who leaked it. Those sneaky fiends planned all this from the bloody start. Curse you!!! :mad:

Jokes aside, I legitimately can't wait for the announcement.

It would almost be worth if it the big announcement was "no, we're not."
Just imagine when the video releases and it's just this picture that fills up the screen.

Attachments

• Kevin the Troller.png
    Kevin the Troller.png
    130.7 KB · Views: 8
You know what the thing is that I'm most excited? Firaxis talking to us, I remember the excitement seeing their faces and telling us what came in those updates and their own excitment to tell us. It was whoelsome and warmed my heart.

You know what the thing is that I'm most excited? Firaxis talking to us, I remember the excitement seeing their faces and telling us what came in those updates and their own excitment to tell us. It was whoelsome and warmed my heart.
True, true! I especially loved just seeing them in their homes, with the cat messing things up.

Maria Theresa for Germany and/or Hungary. :)

I would love it if Theodora came with a disease/pandemic game mode, considering the first ever plague pandemic happened during her and Justinian's reign.
She might already have a disaster theme to her leader ability anyways. Partisans appear every time you build a Hippodrome. Good thing you'll also get a free heavy cavalry unit to deal with them. :lol:
Uh, no. The Plague of Justinian was a huge event, inflicting up to 30 - 50% mortality on both Europe and the middle east, but by no means the only or earliest such major Plague event.
For one thing, they have tracked the Bubonic Plague germs back to the initial migration of the "Indo-Europeans" (Yamnaya Culture) into Europe around 3700 - 3400 BCE, which was accompanied by a major depopulation of said Europe (for instance, agriculture and village life appears to have utterly disappeared from the British Isles, which indicates pretty drastic depopulation).

And just during the Imperial Roman period, the "Antonine Plague" of 165 - 180 CE (possibly Smallpox) wiped out up to 30% of the population in some areas of the Empire, and was followed less than a hundred years later by the "Plague of Cyprian" in 249 - 262 CE (possibly Influenza or more Smallpox) that crippled the manpower of the Empire: agriculture was abandoned in parts of Europe for lack of live farmers, and the Roman Army had to recruit more foreign barbarians to make up for a lack of living Romans to recruit. Estimates range up to 50% mortality in parts of Roman Europe.
Partly because of the Cyprian Plague and its effects, the period of 200 - 300 CE is sometimes referred to as the "Calamitous Third Century" of the Roman Empire and the start of Rome's Fall. That, I think, is very debatable, but no question that the two Roman Imperial Plagues were in rthe same league with the Plague of Justinian, and preceded it by centuries.

Uh, no. The Plague of Justinian was a huge event, inflicting up to 30 - 50% mortality on both Europe and the middle east, but by no means the only or earliest such major Plague event.
For one thing, they have tracked the Bubonic Plague germs back to the initial migration of the "Indo-Europeans" (Yamnaya Culture) into Europe around 3700 - 3400 BCE, which was accompanied by a major depopulation of said Europe (for instance, agriculture and village life appears to have utterly disappeared from the British Isles, which indicates pretty drastic depopulation).
I didn't know this. I did specifically mean Bubonic plague though, since I know there were earlier plagues, like the Athenian plague during the Peloponnesian War.

Either way the Plague of Justinian is very well known, and at least the first recorded that I knew of, and I assume most people, which why I suggested that game mode to be released with Theodora.

And just during the Imperial Roman period, the "Antonine Plague" of 165 - 180 CE (possibly Smallpox) wiped out up to 30% of the population in some areas of the Empire, and was followed less than a hundred years later by the "Plague of Cyprian" in 249 - 262 CE (possibly Influenza or more Smallpox) that crippled the manpower of the Empire: agriculture was abandoned in parts of Europe for lack of live farmers, and the Roman Army had to recruit more foreign barbarians to make up for a lack of living Romans to recruit. Estimates range up to 50% mortality in parts of Roman Europe.
Partly because of the Cyprian Plague and its effects, the period of 200 - 300 CE is sometimes referred to as the "Calamitous Third Century" of the Roman Empire and the start of Rome's Fall. That, I think, is very debatable, but no question that the two Roman Imperial Plagues were in rthe same league with the Plague of Justinian, and preceded it by centuries.
I've seen very credible studies that attribute the fall of the western Roman empire to knock-on effects of the Antonine Plague undermining the military and economy.

If we are getting some balances and buffs in addition to the new Leaders, there are three particular Leaders that I'd like to see buffed: Wilhelmina, Peter the Great, and Kublai Khan because, let's be honest, they're all bloody garbage.

Wilhelmina gets paltry Trade Route Yields even when not compared to Spain and Portugal, so I'd like to see her Trade Route Yields increased. Maybe take some inspiration from the All OP Civs mod I'm forgetting the name of.

Peter the Great is underwhelming, but has the potential to be better besides just jacking up the Yields. Perhaps, when you first complete a Trade Route to a different Civ, you get a new Tech and Civic they have that you don't, or a large burst of Science and Culture if you have the same Techs and Civics already.

Kublai Khan should get extra Yields from International Trade Routes for every Luxury Resource in the Origin City. Also, at least give us three Eurekas and Inspirations from the Completed Trade Routes to make it actually worth it. :p

If we are getting some balances and buffs in addition to the new Leaders, there are three particular Leaders that I'd like to see buffed: Wilhelmina, Peter the Great, and Kublai Khan because, let's be honest, they're all bloody garbage.

Wilhelmina gets paltry Trade Route Yields even when not compared to Spain and Portugal, so I'd like to see her Trade Route Yields increased. Maybe take some inspiration from the All OP Civs mod I'm forgetting the name of.

Peter the Great is underwhelming, but has the potential to be better besides just jacking up the Yields. Perhaps, when you first complete a Trade Route to a different Civ, you get a new Tech and Civic they have that you don't, or a large burst of Science and Culture if you have the same Techs and Civics already.

Kublai Khan should get extra Yields from International Trade Routes for every Luxury Resource in the Origin City. Also, at least give us three Eurekas and Inspirations from the Completed Trade Routes to make it actually worth it. :p

I'd like to see Scotland added to this one. Robert's leader ability is down there with Wilhelmina and Peter...

Kublai though I'm ok with... That extra economic slot is nothing to sneeze at, and China and Mongolia are both pretty solid bases to build off... But I'd agree his strongest feature is the slot and it doesn't really feel that thematic with either civ.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Scotland added to this one. Robert's leadwr ability is down there with Wilhelmina and Peter...
Oh, I forgot about Robert, but I definitely agree. Defensive War bonuses would be much better, a bit more thematic, and less of a pain to do.

I mean, really; who wants do a Liberation War? If I'm gonna take a City, I'm gonna bloody well keep it! :p Cyrus, Curtin, and Chandragupta's Abilities are "Eh" in my opinion, but they're not as horrible Bagpipes McTavish over here. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom