Civilization Leader Pass: New DLC most likely coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We usually end up playing "Between Two Castles" more often because our game group tends to be pretty big. The rooms don't have those fun shapes but there's something about putting the meat locker next to the nursery, etc.

I missed the anticipation of new First Looks, I kind of wish it didn't get completely leaked instantly and I'd probably prefer if it were new civs that we were getting, but it's still going to be fun. I suddenly miss the "unique personalities" agenda behind choosing new leaders, it doesn't seem like it was enforced that strictly with this selection process, I'm afraid this is another thing that the publisher has tampered with behind the scenes of this pass :p Because, c'mon, don't you all want to hear Claudius sturrering softly in your diplomacy screen? Another iteration of Julius Caesar is boring! (relatively)

I'm definitely most excited about Ludwig, he seems to be the most unique of the picks by far, but...
I was thinking of a bonus for Ludwig II:
"All world wonders and works of art produces gold, world wonders give also extra tourism"
...I hope that Ludwig's ability is something completely opposite: for some reason he absolutely depends on churning out wonder after wonder and theatre square after theatre square, but he has to constantly balance it with crippling indebtment. I'm sure there is a mad gameplay loop in there to be designed of covering your lands with most extravagant structures and your units randomly disappearing all at the same time.

...I hope that Ludwig's ability is something completely opposite: for some reason he absolutely depends on churning out wonder after wonder and theatre square after theatre square, but he has to constantly balance it with crippling indebtment. I'm sure there is a mad gameplay loop in there to be designed of covering your lands with most extravagant structures and your units randomly disappearing all at the same time.
Agenda: Mad King
Likes to spend gold frequently and doesn't mind going bankrupt at times. Hates leaders that don't spend gold. :mischief:

I'm definitely warming up to the idea of him as a potential favorite.

Hyped for Lizzie (back to Always-In group), Theodora and my future personal himbo ally as Cleopatra, Caesar

I am unreasonably excited for Ana Nzinga, she leading Kongo was the first new civ mod I ever downloaded for Civ V way back when I first heard of the Civ series and started playing, and she was one of my most-wanted leaders basically all throughout the entirely of Civ VI's development-and-speculation cycle. So to see her more or less confirmed right out of the gate in the promo art - especially if the Chinese leak is wrong/outdated and we only get the four in the promo art - makes me extremely happy to get a leader in that I've wanted for a long time.

There isn't much hope for new civilizations in a Leader Pass, but I will continue to unreasonably look for a last-hurrah North American double-pack with the Iroquois (led by Jigonhsasee) and the Cherokee (so many good options, but for the sake of visual uniqueness I think Attakullakulla would make a really good choice). But really, just give us more Native American civilizations period

I love how after so many months in hibernation, that the hype train here has fired up so quickly based on one graphic and some rumors
It's what we do

Adding a new Russia leader would require an entire rewrite of the civ though. All of the Civ's power lies in the civ ability, not in peter.

This just isn't true. Peter has his own abilities. I play with mods where there are like 4 different Russian leaders. The fact that Firaxis hasn't made use of this doesn't mean that modders haven't. How I wish the modders were treated as equals in creating this game -- they are the only reason why I still play Civ 6 (and 5 for that matter).

So, will someone tell me why Elisabeth of Russia is a bad choice? She is literally one of the best leaders Russia ever had.

This just isn't true. Peter has his own abilities. I play with mods where there are like 4 different Russian leaders. The fact that Firaxis hasn't made use of this doesn't mean that modders haven't. How I wish the modders were treated as equals in creating this game -- they are the only reason why I still play Civ 6 (and 5 for that matter).

So, will someone tell me why Elisabeth of Russia is a bad choice? She is literally one of the best leaders Russia ever had.
Russia is super powerful. Some say they are the best civ. I don't hear many people say that peter's leader ability is powerful or really does anything at all. If you want to add leader abilities to russia I think you'll need to reimagine russia altogether.

Russia is super powerful. Some say they are the best civ. I don't hear many people say that peter's leader ability is powerful or really does anything at all. If you want to add leader abilities to russia I think you'll need to reimagine russia altogether.
Nah, you just have to detune their leader ability to be equivalent to Peter's but still have enough flavor so that it doesn't feel like you're playing Peter.

Kongo is also super powerful, yet that isn't stopping Kongo from getting another leader.

I think she'd be a fine choice for say Civ 7, but personally I'd generally favor multiple leaders from different eras. She's literally Peter the Great's kid iirc.

:Look, if you want more leaders, go to the Steam workshop, and there are currently 1,282 to choose from. For sure, some of them are not very good, and you don't get the custom animations and voice acting, but how much does the animation and voice really add to the game? I have all the voices turned off permanently. I don't need to have every bit of writing on screen read out to me, I'm quite able to read it myself. And though many are unhistorical, you can pick up Bismarck for Germany, Robespierre or Napoleon for France, Zara Yaqob for Ethiopia, Jefferson for the United States, Julius Caesar or Hadrian for Rome, and many more. So I really don't care about a new DLC if all it has is new leaders. I don't need them.

So I really don't care about a new DLC if all it has is new leaders. I don't need them.
It is unlikely that we will see ONLY new leaders. I am sure that Neuschwanstein Castle will be brought along with Ludwig. And this is good, because Machu Picchu is now the only wonder that is being built on the mountain. And that means one wonder will not do.

Which of the rumored new leaders are your favorite? Not sure which is mine.
Definitely Ramses II :egypt: My childhood love for Ancient Egypt makes itself felt! I even crossed Egypt out already in the wishlist of the signature :D
In second place is Nader Shah. Persia definitely needs refreshment.
I really like the Congo and Mali. And I will also be happy to get new experience and enjoy playing with new leaders.
But Rome and Japan are the opposite. The soul does not belong to them at all. Maybe something will change, and I even want it

I hope they add some wonders. Since Elizabeth is coming, they can bring back the Globe Theater, plus I hope they haven't forgotten about Notre Dame.
I would love for them to add some more wonders with great work slots; I dunno if I just never get them, but I always seem to fill up my great work slots too quickly.
Globe Theater I never really understood the appeal for, but would be nice; would need a river placement for it. Notre Dame would be good too after it's loss; still suprised it wasn't included.

Best case scenario (for me):

- Civ VI gets sufficiently polished. It will always be CIV VI with its specific limitations, but bugs shouldn't be a part of that. I don't expect meaningful improvements to AI at this stage, but I do expect fixes to the bugs. Corporations mode is still bugged, for instance, which sucks extra since you paid extra for it not to work (plus it was one of the most anticipated game modes, so it's a portion of double extra bad sauce!);

- No significant game altering content is added. That breaks the point of polishing the game into its final form. A game mode was mentioned, which I guess is fine, but that might just be a scenario along with a new map type. Leaders and Wonders is what makes the most sense to me.

- The Leader Pass does well and Civ VII must be further delayed for whatever reason, so they release a LP2 :crazyeye:

Of course an LP2 is insane, right? But there was no reasonable person expecting further content of this type after NFP and all the clear signs that there would be no new content. So all we need this time around to remain in doubt is for Kevin to shrug his shoulders when asked if they are done adding content.

Post in thread 'April Update Video' https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/april-update-video.669262/post-16073252

So we might still get Isabella and Napoleon :mischief:

Firaxis likes to do fan service by including past leaders. But Firaxis also doesn't like to include leaders from the same nation and era. All the Civs with multiple leaders have different periods represented, iirc.

Edit: however they are apparently adding Keita. So my argument gets weaker. But that might be down to lack of good options for Mali.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom