Civilization V Announced!

goodie huts should be removed and each civ should start the game with 50 golds instead. it is a very randomizing factor. players shouldn't make their strategies according to their hopes on free techs from goodie huts. i know many guys reload many times to have a free tech from them. if u move on them on the same turn, you get the same result. but if u waste 1 turn and move on it 1 turn later, you get another option and free tech, maybe this time. well, it is just stupid.

I think goodie huts are fun. I do hope they'll keep them in.

Gee I guess this post needs to be repeated every so often...:D

DD

It may be more to do with there being over 600 posts in this thread. It's easy to miss something when it's buried amongst 400+ irrelevancies. ;)

It may be more to do with there being over 600 posts in this thread. It's easy to miss something when it's buried amongst 400+ irrelevancies. ;)

Yeah I understand, I was just being facetious:mischief: about how it can get lost in this "humongous" thread-to-be...:D

I'll bet we'll see this posting topic at least several more times in the next few weeks and just imagine over the next few months...:crazyeye:

DD

Öjevind Lång;8968986 said:
I think goodie huts are fun. I do hope they'll keep them in.

Native huts have been there since the first civ... I think they will still be there. What would Civilization be without goody huts?

As long as they offer similar benefits kinda like the indian cities in the original colonization then thats fine by me.

I think Texas may merely be one of the "Independent city states".

I think I can live with religion being gone with a good Social/Government structure.

I do hope that the 'one unit/tile' doesn't eliminate the ability to move a large army as a group.

Hopefully units can combine into one larger unit (and hopefully they can bypass each other as well.. if they are not enemies)

If units don't "Heal" but instead just permanently become a weaker unit on taking damage, then there could be some good... oterwise, I'm afraid of having to move multiple units around in a puzzle piece strategy.

with a good social/government structure, i will not feel the lack of it neither.

i guess there will be many civics (social policies) in civ5 as well. one of them could be a "religious" civic with emphasis on bonuses for temples, happiness, culture and drafting etc.

As long as they offer similar benefits kinda like the indian cities in the original colonization then thats fine by me.

The city states sound like a strategic element, very different from the goody huts. I have the feeling that those who resist the temptation to conquer them and cultivate their friendship instead will reap a long-time bouns for their patience.

Indeed. Hey, just wondering, does anyone feel REALLY horny right now? Just from the thought of this game?
Not sure if anyone gets turned on by them nowadays...

Indeed. Hey, just wondering, does anyone feel REALLY horny right now? Just from the thought of this game?

Uh, no, but you go right ahead. We don't judge. :cringe:

Well I'm feeling a bit... but then again I'm on medication so...

You imagining how all the female leaders are going to look like in the new system? :groucho:

Hi fellow fanatics. Learned about Civ5 just today and feel curious and excited. Hope the developers will succeed without altering the core of civ "Sid Meierian" gameplay. The games Alpha Centauri, Civ3 and Civ4 seem basically the same. Removal of unnecessary complexities, revamping the game engine through elegant simplification has made Civ4 refined and pleasing to play. To me, the "board" part, that is infrastructural and combat part of the game does not lack much. However I would happily see more sophistication on the "bureaucratic" side -- trade, diplomacy, espionage, advisor UI.

On this hex grid honey should be the most valuable natural resource, beehives most advanced tech and football and soccer-ism the ultimate of culture (and religion).

Yeah I understand, I was just being facetious:mischief: about how it can get lost in this "humongous" thread-to-be...:D
Yeah, me too. ;)

I'll bet we'll see this posting topic at least several more times in the next few weeks and just imagine over the next few months...:crazyeye:
Actually, the funniest part was finding the link five minutes after posting, and only six posts up.:lol:

Top Bottom