[LP] Civilization VI: Leader Pass - Discussion Thread

But what if they
While I'd love more Natural Wonders, I don't feel like the game is lacking in World Wonders. Sure, there's old favorites, but Wonders are supposed to do things. I feel like "things we need a World Wonder for" is a category without many gaps left.
Ah, but they could make the gap and fill the gap in the same update. For example, add a new type of religious unit to the game, and then make a wonder that gives you several of those religious units :p

Ah, ok. I know who you are talking about now. He would be a good militaristic leader, plus from a time period where France hasn’t had much representation.
Well, Phillip's father was married to Eleanor of Aquitaine, so that's some pretty good representation of the era (though quite different from Phillip of course).

Ah, but they could make the gap and fill the gap in the same update. For example, add a new type of religious unit to the game, and then make a wonder that gives you several of those religious units :p
St. Peters Basilica-Spawns as many Bishop Units as you have Holy Sites. Can spread religion as other units but are more powerful staying put in Holy Sites. When in a Holy Site Bishops have many abilities and may in time be promoted. Promotions can also happen if you pay in gold. Bishops can only move diagonally, however. :mischief:

Something that is possible (but unlikely) is that it is a DLC that unlocks game content for Civ 6 if you pre-purchase Civ 7.

I find it highly unlikely that Civ 7 is being announced any time soon, but on the other hand Firaxis has been experimenting with a bunch of different strategies when it comes to DLC, and that is one form they have yet to try.

That'd be nice i guess but sad to publish

"BUY THE WONDER PASS, 3 NEW MODELS FOR XX.XX SPREAD THROUGH Y MONTHS"? Sad

If Firaxis continues to release new content in passes:
Wonder Pass, City State Pass, Great People Pass, Resources Pass...
:mischief:
Since they are not going to be introducing new abilities, the only one from that list which looks appealing to me would be a DLC with a bunch of world wonders. I think everything else is already adequately addressed by modders.

Since they are not going to be introducing new abilities...
That's true of this pass, but I'm not sure it's necessarily true of any hypothetical future passes. Not that I'm expecting any - I'd be more shocked that there were any than if they had new abilities.

That'd be nice i guess but sad to publish

"BUY THE WONDER PASS, 3 NEW MODELS FOR XX.XX SPREAD THROUGH Y MONTHS"? Sad
Honestly..

4 packs over months with 3-4 wonders each, with each theme (like a region) wouldn't be bad.

Wonder of Europe, Wonders of Ancient Mesopotamia, Wonders of Religions.

Honestly..

4 packs over months with 3-4 wonders each, with each theme (like a region) wouldn't be bad.

Wonders of France….
with bonus leaders Napoleon and Louis XIV (only available for those who whine about them constantly on the CivFan forums…)

tbh if there will be a new leader released after the pass it might as well be Napoleon. A rundown of the Civ1 list of leaders give:

Gandhi, Alexander (Base game+DLC)
Genghis, Shaka (R&F)
Hammurabi (NFP)
Caesar, Lincoln, Ieyasu, Ramesses, Elizabeth (LP)
Stalin, Montezuma, Fredrick, Mao, Napoleon (not Civ6 leaders)

Mao and Stalin seem pretty unlikely to return, and Fredrick and Montezuma have name duplicates with Civ6 leaders of their civ. If another Civ1 leader is returning its probably Napoleon.

Regarding a possible new surprise leader I would think that France probably should be one that has the least priority.
Others that I see need one more is:
Spain- Only has Phillip II while other European nations have more than one.
India- Could realistically have about 4 to 5 like China.
Russia- Unlikely to happen though because of current political climate, unfortunately.
Arabia?- Could use one but we just got a new persona.
Phoenicia- Hannibal would be interesting to give Phoenicia a more Carthaginian feel again.
Hungary- Cultural Hungary under Maria Theresa? :mischief:

The only rationale that I could see France getting one, and it being Napoleon, is to put it back on par with England and as said above one of the original leaders from Civ 1.
If Napoleon does come back, I'd want him to tie into France's cultural side and not be all militaristic. Modern Egyptology began when Napoleon started invading Egypt so it would be interesting if somehow you could tie in artifacts with conquest. Maybe combat units could extract artifacts instead of relying on archaeologists?

Reactions: j51
Spain- Only has Phillip II while other European nations have more than one.
I said this on another board, but giving a power whose heyday barely lasted two centuries a second leader would just be wantonly, indulgently Eurocentric--especially when the obvious second candidate, Isabella, was the current leader's great-grandmother and basically fills the same "zealotry and colonialism" niche.

Honestly..

I think wonders can get a little crowded now. If you added another 10-12 wonders, that would go overboard.

Now, if you did that, but also added like a slider and controls for the wonders in the game (like the city-state setup), now you're talking. I think it would really change the game if there was only like a 50% chance that any individual wonder appeared in the game when you started it up, and you only learned that when you discovered the technology.

Top Bottom