[NFP] Civilization VI: Maya & Gran Colombia Pack Discussion Thread

maya.jpg
Loving this fourth jersey color combo for the Maya. Reminds me of Civ 5.

Milta is replacing Palenque

Presumably because it supplies the material needed to create the chariot/armor and weapons.

Why not just spawn an Iron resource on the map?

I have to say I like the addition of forest fires, but meteor showers should be saved for Apocalypse. There's nothing particularly disastrous about real-world meteor showers, which are commonplace and very rarely cause property damage or harm anyone.

Why not just spawn an Iron resource on the map?

I have to say I like the addition of forest fires, but meteor showers should be saved for Apocalypse. There's nothing particularly disastrous about real-world meteor showers, which are commonplace and very rarely cause property damage or harm anyone.

I agree, it makes more sense to have meteor showers turn a tile into an iron tile. Or perhaps make its own tile called "crater" that gives like, 2 iron + 1 science or something.

It is clear to me that the new apocalypse mode can be toggled on/off while setting up a new game. Has anyone checked if it is possible to toggle off the mythological natural wonders in the advanced set-up?

I agree, it makes more sense to have meteor showers turn a tile into an iron tile. Or perhaps make its own tile called "crater" that gives like, 2 iron + 1 science or something.

But iron isn't super useful for later game heavy cavalry units. So, meteor showers would only be useful until some point in the game. That's unlike the other disasters, which are always useful or always not useful.

Is anyone able to check the start biases for Maya/Gran Colombia? Curious if either gets a plantation resource bias as I believe Australia has a pasture resource bias.

Sure, the Maya have a bias for flat land and plantation resources. I don't see a bias for Gran Colombia. Recall that tier 1 is the strongest bias, so you're almost always going to get some flat land and plantation resources on a normal map.

Code:
<StartBiasResources>
        <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_MAYA" ResourceType="RESOURCE_CITRUS" Tier="2"/>
        <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_MAYA" ResourceType="RESOURCE_COFFEE" Tier="2"/>
        <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_MAYA" ResourceType="RESOURCE_COCOA" Tier="2"/>
        <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_MAYA" ResourceType="RESOURCE_COTTON" Tier="2"/>
        <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_MAYA" ResourceType="RESOURCE_DYES" Tier="2"/>
        <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_MAYA" ResourceType="RESOURCE_GYPSUM" Tier="2"/>
        <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_MAYA" ResourceType="RESOURCE_JADE" Tier="2"/>
        <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_MAYA" ResourceType="RESOURCE_MARBLE" Tier="2"/>
        <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_MAYA" ResourceType="RESOURCE_MERCURY" Tier="2"/>
        <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_MAYA" ResourceType="RESOURCE_SALT" Tier="2"/>
        <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_MAYA" ResourceType="RESOURCE_SILK" Tier="2"/>
        <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_MAYA" ResourceType="RESOURCE_SPICES" Tier="2"/>
        <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_MAYA" ResourceType="RESOURCE_SUGAR" Tier="2"/>
        <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_MAYA" ResourceType="RESOURCE_TEA" Tier="2"/>
        <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_MAYA" ResourceType="RESOURCE_TOBACCO" Tier="2"/>
        <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_MAYA" ResourceType="RESOURCE_WINE" Tier="2"/>
        <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_MAYA" ResourceType="RESOURCE_INCENSE" Tier="2"/>
        <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_MAYA" ResourceType="RESOURCE_IVORY" Tier="2"/>
    </StartBiasResources>
    <StartBiasTerrains>
        <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_MAYA" TerrainType="TERRAIN_GRASS" Tier="1"/>
        <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_MAYA" TerrainType="TERRAIN_PLAINS" Tier="1"/>
    </StartBiasTerrains>

And they actually remembered to change the Mayan settler AI!

Code:
    <AiFavoredItems>
        <Row ListType="MayanEmpire" Item="Fresh Water" Favored="false" Value="-20" TooltipString="LOC_SETTLEMENT_RECOMMENDATION_FRESH_WATER"/>
        <Row ListType="MayanEmpire" Item="Resource Class" Favored="false" Value="3" StringVal="RESOURCECLASS_LUXURY" TooltipString="LOC_SETTLEMENT_RECOMMENDATION_LUXURY_RESOURCES"/>
        <Row ListType="MayanObservatory" Item="YIELD_SCIENCE" Favored="false" Value="25"/>
    </AiFavoredItems>

With Aspyr you never know unfortunately. They have really been unresponsive and non-customer oriented. Mac users are complaining on Twitter and PS4 users are too. Re-reading Ed's last post he does say PC only and I really didn't think about it earlier today especially after 8 months of no communication I would have expected Aspyr to be on par. Who knows, it might be released later today. It is disappointing once again.

Well that stinks! Thanks for the response. I was really thinking the DLC would be on par. I'll check back in a couple hours. If not then tomorrow I guess.

My backup plan for the Mac version not being available at launch was my switch copy
But it seems that while the new content is available for purchase on the switch it doesn't actually work in game :crazyeye:

Anyone else bought the frontier pass but can´t access to the new civs?
Yeah, I have the PS4 version and have repeatedly closed and restarted the game, checked for updates, examined the menu's DLC section, everything I can think of. I came here to see if the Pass hasn't even been activated yet, but going by some folks' screen captures it has. What gives???

Top Bottom