Civilization VI Wishlist or Ideas

But Civilization is a board game.

Shhhhh.. don't say it out loud or they'll hear :mischief:

I'd presonally want a proper State Religion system implemented. It's a thing you know.

I want to know who follows my all powerful Monastery+Pagoda+Mosque and Sacred Sites religion :lol:

But seriously. I'd like a State Religion that affects and gives you bonuses similiar to religion in Civ 5.

Trade routs that are about transporting food and production instead of creating resources. This would help city specalization as your food city can support your production city with food and your production city can support your food city with production.

The cost would be that each trade route cost money to operate. It would replace rush buying so you now need production to build stuff.

The game should encourage you to specialize your cities and this trade route system will fit prefectly with the specialize focus.

Civilization has always been a computer game actually. The Civ board game did not come out until 2002.

Actually, no. Also, just about every Firaxis game is a board game, they're just played on computer.

A multiplayer suggestion:

Bring back hybrid mode, but make it an actually useable mode. Make it so simulatenous turns happen for everyone not at war, WHILE doing the turn by turn process for those at war and removing the excessive waste issues that hybrid mode in civ 5 had.

Civ 4 once had a vibrant multiplayer community with massive ranking leaderboards etc, but was more focused on 2v2, 1v1, or 3v3 games. Civ 5's multiplayer base was far smaller, although more dedicated, even though the game was a better multiplayer experience (when it didn't crash due to poor servers) in large part because of an absolute neglect to multiplayer and leaving modes like hybrid unfixed throughout civ 5's lifespan. I would HIGHLY recommend any developer getting in contact with people still in the No-Quitters steam group if the developers want a more sustainable organized multiplayer scene

I think CIV VI should have fresh water resource for city growth and population consumer
such as every 2 population need 1 water unit some bulidings need water resources - public bath for the romans or gardens for great people booming
Riverside tile provides 1 water unit.
lake or oasis tile provides 2 water unit.
This water supply support specific and unique environment.
Many isolated islands could not have sufficiency water supply that control island colonies population.

And also electricity was quite useless in CIV IV.
I think electricity should be electric power for population such as every 2 population need 1 electricity power unit. If the cities could not have enough electricity power, the people will be unhappy. Moreover electricity might be consumed by factory or airport buildings.

I'd like to see Crater Lake as a natural wonder--give it faith and culture bonus.

Replace 1UPT with armies. 1UPT causes too much dronejam and adds more problems to the game than it fixes. It's too late for such a massive change to be implemented but right now I wouldn't bother with Civ6 unless it was highly moddable and someone could put in proper unit/military management. Civ4 has a lot of faults, but it allows so much modification that it has nearly infinite replay value, and the AI actually knows how to play the game somewhat.

For multiplayer - the best solution would be to resolve turns simultaneously, but the way 5 and presumably 6 are set up don't allow that. Other civs did, because they didn't have ranged combat. Doing this would require changes to single-player as well, and a lot of people who are accustomed to SP wouldn't like that.

Ranged combat by the way is just silly and game-breaking - in MP it is especially apparent, since armies are almost entirely ranged with a few mounted units and blockers. Yet another thing that 1UPT breaks.

Everything else, will just have to watch and see what Civ6 does wrong. I used to have faith that Firaxis would eventually get it right, but Civ5 dashed my hopes.

If Firaxis forgot how to do civ right, just do Civ4 with hexes. Simple, easy, little room for error.

1. More information. A thing like the EUI-mod would be nice if it was already in the game.
2. One thing I missed since Civ 2 was the High Council. I'd love to have it (or something similar) back.

New poster here.

I wonder why never a writing/language feature has been introduced in CIV. It has many features to add to the game:

- Each different civilization speaks a different language; if a city is conquered, this city may be able to speak two different languages (similar to culture in CIV IV). Having a city with speaks different languages may influence happiness, culture, spying and maybe military (revolts, bonus if you want to conquer a city witch speaks the same language)
- Once you discover writing, you may chose an alphabet, and may try to influence other civs to adopt your alphabet (assuming there is a limit in alphabets which may be chosen, similar to religion in CIV V). Your alphabet/writing style could be spread via religion/culture/science/trade, passively or actively. Once someone spy you, you could gain a bonus/spread your alphabet more easily as well.
- If you have your language/alphabet spread around the globe, you receive a lot of bonuses. Your culture and religion would be spread more easily, so I see a strong synergy between a culture and language.
- Potentially, language/alphabet has can have influence on diplomatic/science/cultural and maybe religious (?) win.

New poster here.

I wonder why never a writing/language feature has been introduced in CIV. It has many features to add to the game:

- Each different civilization speaks a different language; if a city is conquered, this city may be able to speak two different languages (similar to culture in CIV IV). Having a city with speaks different languages may influence happiness, culture, spying and maybe military (revolts, bonus if you want to conquer a city witch speaks the same language)
- Once you discover writing, you may chose an alphabet, and may try to influence other civs to adopt your alphabet (assuming there is a limit in alphabets which may be chosen, similar to religion in CIV V). Your alphabet/writing style could be spread via religion/culture/science/trade, passively or actively. Once someone spy you, you could gain a bonus/spread your alphabet more easily as well.
- If you have your language/alphabet spread around the globe, you receive a lot of bonuses. Your culture and religion would be spread more easily, so I see a strong synergy between a culture and language.
- Potentially, language/alphabet has can have influence on diplomatic/science/cultural and maybe religious (?) win.

The linguistic geek in me loves this idea, but as a gamer it sounds like potentially a lot of hassle. I think this sort of device is already well handled by tourism and religion. I hope they pay more attention to the languages spoken by leaders, though; some of the errors in Civ5 were positively glaring.

Most of my wishes seems to have come true so far: More focus in building than in warfare, optimized graphic engine, limited units per tile, new diplomacy system, the return of individual happiness per city as opposed to global, more complexity...

As for my list of yet another wishes that

- Brand new cultural system (it would seem that it is the same "put artworks in slots and get social policies" type of system). A cultural system a la civ's V religion, where expanding your culture gives you bonuses could be great, IMHO

- Brand new anti-expansion mechanism. Global happiness failed hard. Time to go to the drawing board guys. A civ 4's manteinance system might work, but I quite like my identity radious idea to be implemented (the further from your capital a city is, the less science and culture it will generate)

- Bring back goverments please!

- Brand new diplomatic system. No more CS for you! Give us real, complex interactions between major players

I'd like to see colonies revolting again, like how it was possible on CIV IV - Where if a civilization had cities on another continent than the one its first cities were built on, they could revolt and become another civilization completely. I think that was a very interesting gameplay mechanic

Contractors, order can conscript Penal Legions, shift panzers into Autocracy.

So many more. So many ideas!!! Must chill

one hundered percent, and don't forget WHERE ARE MY BLOOD TEMPLARS!!!!!!!!!!

Get back to the Dawn of CIV, start pre-flood era being the Pyramid a single project available to all civs, slavers and Giant hunters, sacrifices, destruction of the tower of Babel another single event that would trigger for the destroyer the discovery of one religion, so instead to be a cultural event like the WORLD FAiR, or Exodus in CIV BE, It's like a Titan City state and who can cause the more damage points get the more reward.....
This key events are also sorts of bottlenecks for the tech tree, If you can't take it down, it will take down you....

I think CIV VI should have fresh water resource for city growth and population consumer

you mean you like the health status introduced in CIV BE?
Water is already there, it affects food, and acqueducts affects growth.
And an oasis is basically a desert spring.

in CIV IV there was both health and Happiness, it's nothing new.
But maybe you mean actually convert water to a depletable resource with values.
It would be interesting IF water was dynamically implemented in the map.

So that also floods, droughts, dams, could get affected as well, a dam could deplete total water values for one river, that would let to a... war for water? mmhh...:goodjob:

The linguistic geek in me loves this idea, but as a gamer it sounds like potentially a lot of hassle. I think this sort of device is already well handled by tourism and religion. I hope they pay more attention to the languages spoken by leaders, though; some of the errors in Civ5 were positively glaring.

Burn down the tower of Babel. That's it. No more hassle.

Moderator Action: Multiple posts merged. Please do not make multiple posts in a row in a single thread. If you want to add a thought, you can edit your own post to add additional content. And if you are quoting multiple posts, you can use the multi-quote feature.

Bigger world maps, more civ players on a map and more civs..

Multiple Leaders for each Civ

I usually played Civ5 mostly on Giant Earth Map (180x94) with all civs in a custom gamespeed (mix of epic and marathon) ...

So here are some of my ideas/suggestions for Civ6 :

Please consider that there are many Civ-players with 64 bit-system and 8-16-32GB RAM.

Please provide a Giant Earth Map for Civ6 from start.
Please provide a Map Editor (preferably for ingame-usage).
Please support bigger maps like 360x180 or even bigger. (Europe is too small on most world maps to place all european civs.)
(If distances on the map become to big, the player might still mod movement speed of modern units, roads, rails, or use airlift.)

Please do not limit the number of players/civs by a small hardcoded number. It would be great to be able to place 100 different civs on a giant map, even if most of them are conquered by Medieval Age.

Please allow to switch from animated Leaders to simple Leader Screens. As far as I remember, Leader Animations were a big problem in Civ5 limiting the number of civs in a game. In Giant Earth Games the diplomacy with dozens of animated leaders was long. The option for a simple leader screen would also make it easier to add new leaders/civs.

Please allow to choose a custom leader with custom traits at start.

Please allow to raze/remove/move conquered capitals and own cities.

My number one wish is for them to either include The Kalmar Union (Sweden, Denmark and Norway in one union) or the union between Sweden and Norway. What do you guys think? Is this likely to happen? I sure hope so! :)

Multiple Leaders for each Civ, similar to IV.

I second this idea. I also want to add that you have the option to transition between the leaders of the same civ in each game. If I play America, I can start the game with Jefferson, transition to Taft and finally to Kennedy. Each leader gets a different historical agenda. When the conditions of that agenda is fulfilled, you get a small bonus. It's like the historical victory conditions in Rhye's and Fall except the conditions are easier to accomplish. The transition between leaders can occur naturally through tech era (ancient, classical, medieval, etc) or through major change in government. If it's through government, it could be Republican Jefferson, Oligarch Taft and Autocrat Kennedy (although the last one does not fit at all.)

I second this idea. I also want to add that you have the option to transition between the leaders of the same civ in each game. If I play America, I can start the game with Jefferson, transition to Taft and finally to Kennedy. Each leader gets a different historical agenda. When the conditions of that agenda is fulfilled, you get a small bonus. It's like the historical victory conditions in Rhye's and Fall except the conditions are easier to accomplish. The transition between leaders can occur naturally through tech era (ancient, classical, medieval, etc) or through major change in government. If it's through government, it could be Republican Jefferson, Oligarch Taft and Autocrat Kennedy (although the last one does not fit at all.)

The problem with that idea is that with all the development resources that have to go into modelling, animating, and texturing a 3d leader, it significantly limits the total number of civs that can be released.

Top Bottom