1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilo-pdf Lore Compendium

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by loocas, Apr 25, 2008.

1. KillerClowns

KillerClowns Chieftain

Yeah. About the Random Stories and Fragments: theoretically, I was supposed to catalogue its contents in the first post, but I've since failed in that duty.

2. Skitters

Skitters Chieftain

Do you have Kael's description of the hells included?

3. Jabie

Jabie Wanted in Monte Carlo...

You might want to check the various pedia threads for FF, FF+ and Orbis. I think there was also one in the main FFH though that must be six months old since it was last updated. The various minor leader threads might be pretty handy too. Of course, a lot of this material is non-canon, so if you include it you might need to shunt it to an appendix called something like "Rumours and Lies: Unconfirmed tales from Erebus"

4. DrPepper836

DrPepper836 Chieftain

Really nice job there. It is a very nice way to be able to ingest the behemoth that is the pedia. Do you plan on adding every single entry eventually? Some of the buildings are pretty cool, like the theatre, and some of the spells, like Hyborem's whisper.

5. loocas

loocas Chieftain

You'll find an update in the first post. Keep in mind that the hyperlinks ("see also") don't work in this version. I'm going on vacation tomorrow and didn't get those done. I'm still not satisfied with the pictures either. I think they blend in with the oldish style of the book, but they kind of hurt to look at. Same with the map. Anyway, I'll fix those when I get back. Until then, I'll be here.

This time I also included a zip of the .doc files of just the text, in case the .pdf is too intense for anybody and they'd prefer to set their own text options.

I'd love feedback on the the general readability, the organization, or anything else if anyone has opinions. I want this to be look all nice and stuff, but ease of reading is most important.

Enjoy!

6. Kael

Kael Chieftain

Beautiful work, Im honored that you spend so much time on this. You really make it look nice! :goodjob:

7. loocas

loocas Chieftain

Aww. Thanks! It's a lot of fun and I love doing it. I remember how extraordinarily my experience of the game improved once I started reading the pedia entries. The stuff's just that good!

8. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

thanx for the update, this one is definitely a good read :D

kudos to the storywriting guys of the FFH team, you guys rock!

9. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

bump for awesomeness.

10. cypher132

cypher132 Chieftain

I downloaded this and I am blown away by it. It's got pretty much all the lore of FFH (disregarding mods like Fall Further or Rise From Erebus), but it's very detailed. I recommend this for everyone looking to read the lore of FFH. I even found out why Ethne the White is a leader in the first place. Turns out she's the daughter of a king.
    (Brought to you by Advertising Inc.)

11. Elder Methyl

Elder Methyl Chieftain

A question: How accurate is the map featured here? Is it canon, or merely extrapolation?

12. Jabie

Jabie Wanted in Monte Carlo...

13. EvaND

EvaND Chieftain

Dead or not, i think this thread sud be a sticky. Ive been searching for something like that for a couple of days, and this is better work that i had hoped for. I believe it sud be easilly accesible.

14. JC LEON

JC LEON Chieftain

excellent thank you

15. The Flame8

The Flame8 Chieftain

Very good read so far. Just started but fills in a lot of gaps :)

16. Sezneg

Sezneg Chieftain

It appears this file went missing in the server migration. Does anyone have it, and could you attach it to the thread if you do?

17. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

here you go....

Attached Files:

Nikis-Knight and swapoer like this.