CivNexus6

CivNexus6 1.3.3

Two questions... what directory do I place the CivNexus6_0.2.2 in? Or is this not important.

Also, in the overview, you are referencing Civ "5", is that correct?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Firaxis\Tools
ToolAssetPath set to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V".

Two questions... what directory do I place the CivNexus6_0.2.2 in? Or is this not important.

Also, in the overview, you are referencing Civ "5", is that correct?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Firaxis\Tools
ToolAssetPath set to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V".

It doesn't matter where you run the application from. Yes the "Sid Meier's Civilization V" is correct, it's because it just has to be set to something and the same property is actually used by Nexus Buddy 2 the equivalent tool for Civ V. The path isn't actually used by CivNexus6 it just needs to be set for everything to work properly.

So do we need to have Nexus Buddy 2 for CivNexus6 to work properly? I'm confused

No - they are two separate applications. The ToolAssetPath Registry Entry just has to exist for CivNexus6 to work - it doesn't really matter what it's set to AFAIK - it's just that the GrannyContext for CivNexus6 won't start up without it.

I'd like to try and work out why this is working for some people and not others. If people don't mind - could you please answer the following questions:
1) Does CivNexus6 work for you? (Yes/No)
2) Which version of Windows are you running?
3) Do you have a 64-bit processor?
4) If you got it working what did you do before getting it running?

I'd like to try and work out why this is working for some people and not others. If people don't mind - could you please answer the following questions:

1) So it's still not opening for me.
2) Using Windows 10
3) Yes

I have changed the registry keys but it's not doing anything.
Only unusual things I have is all my softwares are installed on a F:\ drive instead of C:\. I have tried setting up the registry keys to both and it does not make any difference. Does the location of the CivNexus6 folder matters?

EDIT: tried putting the folder on another drive and still doesn't make any difference.

I have changed the registry keys but it's not doing anything.
Only unusual things I have is all my softwares are installed on a F:\ drive instead of C:\. I have tried setting up the registry keys to both and it does not make any difference. Does the location of the CivNexus6 folder matters?

The location shouldn't matter at all. I'm uploading another version of CivNexus6 and the source code tomorrow so maybe that will help diagnose the issue.

No
Windows 7
Yes.

I have the registry key set, but no luck. Trying to get some units built, but not having any luck with this. Thanks for all your work and help!

1) Yes
2) Windows 10
3)Yes
4) Installed Civ 5 SDK, had a dummy location to begin with but it did not work so I re-installed Civ 5 then fixed registry settings.

I don't think you need Civ5 installed but you may at least need the resource and asset folder to be present.

Deliverator updated CivNexus6 with a new update entry:

Civ Nexus Version 1.0.0

New Features

* Can now open Civ 5 .gr2 files - will immediately be resaved as .fgx files on load. Warning you will need to overwrite meshes from .br2 before these files will work properly in Civ 6.
* Create Geometry/Animation (.geo/.anm) File will now create a .geo if the current file is a Model and a .anm file if the current file is an Animation.
* Convert all .gr2 Files in Directory to .fgx/.anm can be used to batch convert Civ 5 .gr2 animations files to the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

1) Yes
2) Windows 10
3)Yes
4) Installed Civ 5 SDK, had a dummy location to begin with but it did not work so I re-installed Civ 5 then fixed registry settings.

I don't think you need Civ5 installed but you may at least need the resource and asset folder to be present.

It sounds like there is another Registry entry that needs to be set. We just need to figure out what it is. I've uploaded the source code now if anyone wants to install Visual Studio and run it in Debug mode to see what the error is.

I have written the long lines in the end

Code:
System.IO.FileLoadException > {"Could not load file or assembly 'file:///H:\\Civnexus sourcecode\\bin\\Release\\Firaxis.Granny.Impl.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)":"file:///H:\\Civnexus sourcecode\\bin\\Release\\Firaxis.Granny.Impl.dll"}

InnerException > {"An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information."}

Message > An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.

Message(second) > Could not load file or assembly 'file:///H:\Civnexus sourcecode\bin\Release\Firaxis.Granny.Impl.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)

StackTrace >    at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
   at Firaxis.Reflection.ReflectionHelper.ProxyAssembly(String baseAssemblyName, Boolean bLoadDependenciesFromExePath, String x32, String x64, String ext)
   at Firaxis.Granny.GrannyContext..ctor()
   at NexusBuddy.CivNexusSixApplicationForm..ctor() in H:\Civnexus sourcecode\NexusBuddy\CivNexusSixApplicationForm.cs:line 123
   at NexusBuddy.Program.Main() in H:\Civnexus sourcecode\NexusBuddy\Program.cs:line 12

TargetSite > {System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly _nLoad(System.Reflection.AssemblyName, System.String, System.Security.Policy.Evidence, System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef, IntPtr, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)}

OK, try editing the file CivNexus6.exe.config in the same directory as CivNexus6.exe to enable loadFromRemoteSources like this:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
    <startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">
        <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0"/>
    </startup>
    <runtime>
        <loadFromRemoteSources enabled="true"/>
    </runtime>
</configuration>

If that doesn't work try adding a folder called "Assets" and a folder called "Resource" to whatever directory your ToolAssetPath is pointing to.

Top Bottom