Civ's having a "primary" mana type?

Kael has said that true Foresight, Hope, Peace, Trust, etc., are now impossible, but I prefer to think it is just really difficult. I tend to think that mortals can use any aspect of a precept (including using fallen precepts in their unfallen form), but that channeling mana always has an effect on on a mortal's personality to be more like that of the current form of mana's source. If one can channel an infinite well of power, then that one precept greatly overwhelms all other precepts in one's being and thus makes the soul as one dimensional as a god, lacking in true free will. That would mean the mortal wielders of the gems of creation would loose their humanity and essentially become gods, and that gods cut off from their precept gain the free will of a mortal. It may also be that with every use every user of a precept changes the precepts meaning to fit his will, but this is rarely enough to make a significant difference as it would be balanced by the actions of other mortals and mostly by that of the precept's god.

I tend to think most magic works by infusing the target with mana of a certain type, but that some instead work by drawing that mana out of the target and thus leaving a deficiency instead of a surplus. That is probably the easiest way to make to use a precept in a way that conflicts with the will of the precept's god.

While it does not seem that the Sidar have received any revelation that Arawn hates undead, they have very naturally come to that conclusion on their own. They most certainly do have a deep hatred for the abuse of this precept.

The only other gods I can really picture giving up their divinity would be Sirona (who embodies self sacrifice) and Nantosuelta (whose sphere cares not for power relationships or positions of authority so it wouldn't tr to hold on to her). They would of course be mothers of humanity rather than fathers, and would have meant that Gabella would have been made male. I'm not sure who would take their places either, maybe the other of those two or Nemed.

...how about Tali in a, "did I really do that at the party last night" kind of way? ;)

You know, I can see Tali satanding in the kitchen, staring at the fridge and wondering were he was, what happened last night, and why some woman was walking up the drive with a pointed stick.

Can't get the image out of my head...

Tali would probably hurt people, unreliable as he is, but he would never do so willingly. Sounds like an utter bore from a Balseraph point of view...;)

Top Bottom