1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civver Looking For PBEM Game...

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PBEM Games' started by Fuel68, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

We're gonna out tech the AI without preset teams anyway unless we turn off Tech Trading too, or just make it a house rule to not give each other techs or something.

Yes it needs to be that detailed because I'm a control freak.

A bazillion espionage points and spies for me is gonna save you so much effort in taking and uploading screenshots, at least give me that if you won't have me as a teammate.

2. Alvarez

Alvarez History Master

I'm sure that would mean much more fun for much more people (includind vet's and newb's). ;)

Do you think we could get enough players around on a good mix? I mean, there seems to be a lot of new players here over the last months, and the vet's are sure keeping track on all of this.

3. Imp. Knoedel

Hm, a second edition of Bootcamp surely sounds interesting. Maybe someone should make a thread.

4. MattiK

MattiK Warlord

On Prince level?

Sorry, I don't want to be controlled that much. Besides I want to show around the community how I'm doing, so I want take screenshots. Of course you can put scout out to look at my cities from top of a hill and later enter cultural borders when we got tech for that.

I'm getting little impatient here. If you don't get game started soon, I might start 2-player game with Phylhom on noble level and leave you as forum commentator.

5. Imp. Knoedel

On every level but Deity.

That is all far too late, especially when I have to research sailing, build a Galley, and sail it all the way to the Mediterranean.

Alright fine, expect the first turn within the hour.

6. Imp. Knoedel

Game created and first turn sent to MattiK. Turn order is me->MattiK->Phylhom.

When you first open the game you are prompted to enter a password. DO NOT HIT ENTER to confirm, instead click on the OK (or whatever) button. If you hit Enter it also ends the turn without you having a chance to actually do something. I presume this is a bug, and it has led to great frustration on my part in one of my first PBEMs.

Also it's really about time to open a separate thread for this game.

7. MattiK

MattiK Warlord

Game crash when I load the file. I did go by MULTIPLAYER - PLAY BY E-MAIL - LOAD GAME

About Beyond the Sword dialog-box shows following:
    Civ Version: 319
    Save Version: 302
    Build Version: 3.1.9.0 (128100)
    Build Date: Thu May 29 05:28:49 2014
    Build: FINAL RELEASE
    Mod Name: None

Do I need get the map script to make it work?

8. Imp. Knoedel

I suspect you don't have the correct version. Where did you get the 3.19 patch from? The ingame patching system has been broken for some years, so it could very well be that it tells you you are 3.19 when really you are playing an older version. You should download and install the 3.19 patch manually either from this site or another.

9. MattiK

MattiK Warlord

From Steam. I got game just recently in May 21. New updates have not hit my eye.

10. Imp. Knoedel

There's your problem. You need to use what the Steam Library calls Civ4 Beta or so, as the Steam version itself is different from the final version before Steam replaced Gamespy, which is what everyone has been using for years.

11. MattiK

MattiK Warlord

I don't see it. And Steam I got speaks finnish and 'library' can be translated in more than 1 way

[edit]
    I got language changed and library is what I thought it is. I still don't see Civ4 Beta

[edit2]
    I made keyword search of the store. Can't find Civ4 Beta there either

12. AdrienIer

AdrienIer Deity

Right click on BTS in your game library, go to "settings" (at the bottom of the list) then beta.

13. MattiK

MattiK Warlord

14. Oistrakh

Oistrakh Chieftain

Looking For: The first post says it all. Any "normal" kind of civilization (vanilla, BtS, and I've been using K-Mod recently and am open to other mods that are meant to refine the game rather than change it significantly). 4-10 players works well.
    Favorite Civilizations: Ottomans and Americans, but will try out anything else
    Communication: Forum private messaging is fine.

I'm returning to Civilization after a ~7-year break, so I'm still learning the ropes. I currently play on Prince difficulty and am hoping to play with craftier opponents than the AI. I am happy to lose, but will try to win, and am open to any desired level of diplomacy (I've never played PBEM, so I actually don't know how diplomacy works between real people! But as the newbie, I will go with the flow, whatever that might be).

15. Hercules90

Hercules90 Deity

In the meantime keep taking a look at player replacement thread until you see a new game starting.

16. Civilized77

Civilized77 Chieftain

I would be interested in an RFC-Mod of any kind (Europe, Dawn of Civilization etc.). Seems most players have changed to Civ V but I like Civ IV most because of the RFC-Mod.

17. Imp. Knoedel

18. Quoth the Raven

Quoth the Raven Warlord

So I have never played multiplayer PBEM before but I would like to start. I have Civ IV BTS on steam and I installed the beta version and registered on PBEM tracker. Is there anything else I need to do or know?

19. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Unfortunately tracker is not working anymore. I admin a game which we just started to play but got stack due to persistent player inactivity. If you like it and can install the mod please PM to me!

20. Quoth the Raven

Quoth the Raven Warlord

I know absolutely nothing about installing and uninstalling mods so someone would have to school me on that. I would be willing to play, but unfortunately I am out of data until May 1st so I can't download anything. So I must decline until then.