Civver Looking For PBEM Game...

Actually such a game already exists, it's called Bootcamp, though I guess we could organize another one like it.

I'm sure that would mean much more fun for much more people (includind vet's and newb's). ;)

Do you think we could get enough players around on a good mix? I mean, there seems to be a lot of new players here over the last months, and the vet's are sure keeping track on all of this.

Hm, a second edition of Bootcamp surely sounds interesting. Maybe someone should make a thread.

We're gonna out tech the AI without preset teams anyway

On Prince level?

Yes it needs to be that detailed because I'm a control freak.

Sorry, I don't want to be controlled that much. Besides I want to show around the community how I'm doing, so I want take screenshots. Of course you can put scout out to look at my cities from top of a hill and later enter cultural borders when we got tech for that.

I'm getting little impatient here. If you don't get game started soon, I might start 2-player game with Phylhom on noble level and leave you as forum commentator.

On Prince level?

Sorry, I don't want to be controlled that much. Besides I want to show around the community how I'm doing, so I want take screenshots. Of course you can put scout out to look at my cities from top of a hill and later enter cultural borders when we got tech for that.

I'm getting little impatient here. If you don't get game started soon, I might start 2-player game with Phylhom on noble level and leave you as forum commentator.

On every level but Deity.

That is all far too late, especially when I have to research sailing, build a Galley, and sail it all the way to the Mediterranean.

Alright fine, expect the first turn within the hour.

Game created and first turn sent to MattiK. Turn order is me->MattiK->Phylhom.

When you first open the game you are prompted to enter a password. DO NOT HIT ENTER to confirm, instead click on the OK (or whatever) button. If you hit Enter it also ends the turn without you having a chance to actually do something. I presume this is a bug, and it has led to great frustration on my part in one of my first PBEMs.

Also it's really about time to open a separate thread for this game.

Game crash when I load the file. I did go by MULTIPLAYER - PLAY BY E-MAIL - LOAD GAME

About Beyond the Sword dialog-box shows following:
Civ Version: 319
Save Version: 302
Build Version: 3.1.9.0 (128100)
Build Date: Thu May 29 05:28:49 2014
Build: FINAL RELEASE
Mod Name: None

Do I need get the map script to make it work?

I suspect you don't have the correct version. Where did you get the 3.19 patch from? The ingame patching system has been broken for some years, so it could very well be that it tells you you are 3.19 when really you are playing an older version. You should download and install the 3.19 patch manually either from this site or another.

There's your problem. You need to use what the Steam Library calls Civ4 Beta or so, as the Steam version itself is different from the final version before Steam replaced Gamespy, which is what everyone has been using for years.

There's your problem. You need to use what the Steam Library calls Civ4 Beta or so

I don't see it. And Steam I got speaks finnish and 'library' can be translated in more than 1 way

[edit]
I got language changed and library is what I thought it is. I still don't see Civ4 Beta

[edit2]
I made keyword search of the store. Can't find Civ4 Beta there either

Right click on BTS in your game library, go to "settings" (at the bottom of the list) then beta.

Looking For: The first post says it all. Any "normal" kind of civilization (vanilla, BtS, and I've been using K-Mod recently and am open to other mods that are meant to refine the game rather than change it significantly). 4-10 players works well.
Favorite Civilizations: Ottomans and Americans, but will try out anything else
Communication: Forum private messaging is fine.

I'm returning to Civilization after a ~7-year break, so I'm still learning the ropes. I currently play on Prince difficulty and am hoping to play with craftier opponents than the AI. I am happy to lose, but will try to win, and am open to any desired level of diplomacy (I've never played PBEM, so I actually don't know how diplomacy works between real people! But as the newbie, I will go with the flow, whatever that might be).

In the meantime keep taking a look at player replacement thread until you see a new game starting.

I would be interested in an RFC-Mod of any kind (Europe, Dawn of Civilization etc.). Seems most players have changed to Civ V but I like Civ IV most because of the RFC-Mod.

So I have never played multiplayer PBEM before but I would like to start. I have Civ IV BTS on steam and I installed the beta version and registered on PBEM tracker. Is there anything else I need to do or know?

Unfortunately tracker is not working anymore. I admin a game which we just started to play but got stack due to persistent player inactivity. If you like it and can install the mod please PM to me!

I know absolutely nothing about installing and uninstalling mods so someone would have to school me on that. I would be willing to play, but unfortunately I am out of data until May 1st so I can't download anything. So I must decline until then.

Looking for player for this game

We havn't started yet, so you can chime in with regards to the rules if you want.

Top Bottom