Coming Soon from Sword of Geddon productions inc.

Well...thats as good as I can do. But then again, how much can a guy wearing chainmail, wielding a warhammer, and holding a large shield move while in battle? :)

Seriously though, thats the best melee attack animation I have done on my own...I really don't think its that bad, in fact I think it looks up there with the Firaxis Jaguar warrior. I don't understand why people can't be happy with it. What are they looking for?

I think the arm animation is great. The main flaw with it is that his torso should move around with it to some degree. Try it yourself (ideally not with a war hammer, though) and you'll see that if you really swing at an imaginary opponent your body swivels too, to add force to the blow. If you rotate the figure's abdomen and chest to the right by a few degrees as he swings the hammer back, and then rotate them to the left as he wallops the foe, it'd look more like a real attack. At least, so I think. If he's attacking an opponent to the north, I'd say a good swing would involve his chest rotating to face northeast as he draws his arm back, and then swinging round to face northwest at the end of the blow. Or even more, for a really devastating blow. That's just my view, though - of course you can do it differently.

OK... i just looked at the Jaguar warrior attack .flc... Dude... his weapon is sharp (its either stone, obsidian, whatever), and acts more like an axe than a warhammer.. it cuts. If you wanna do some damage with a blunt weapon you have to hit hard, baby! Like his attack A! Plus, every single part of his body is moving, even in the "tap" attack.. he moves his leg forward to add thrust to the swing, he pulls back when he is preparing to do another swing, and he is swinging with his shoulder, not his elbows and wrists. You can`t have your joints fly around like that when using a heavy weapon, just your shoulder.

GOOD!! That means I can use gunpowder units from my old friend swoggy!

Sword, I really like your new Samurai Flintlock, and if you could create a pose file for his fortified stance, I could make a good death animation for you, and save it as a pose file (which you could then use on all your other gun units). I might even use this guy as the Citizen Militia for the FF mod.... (Currently using Utahjazz7's Native American Rifleman, but yours looks more like what I had in mind for an armed FF type citizen).

I See what Plotty is talking about. You really ought re4solve that, Swoggicus.

Top Bottom