Common Errors and/or Crashes Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, thanks. I have used that option in many many games, though, and never had any trouble. I use it so as to not be tempted to use world builder to change something.

But why does it complain, though? I have not changed anything? As I said, it seems to occur at random? The first time it happened, I had saved the game, closed down the application, used the computer for other things, and then later started up c2c again, and the error struck.

Why it happens I don't know. Could be it for some reason reads some files in a different order and thus complains as it thinks something has changed. Could be windows saved a file, ini file or something, which then changed the timestamp on the file. That would make it complain too.
Safest though is to just not use it, and not give in to temptation... *wink*

Cheers

Yeah, suffice to say this is the last time I will use it. But, I would rather not restart the game. As you all know, these games take a looong time to play, and I guess I cannot remove that option from within a game? (That would kinda ruin the purpose of it :) )

But I don't se what it protects against? Order of saved files? Timestamp? I mean, let's face it, the biggest "cheat" in this game is reloading an earlier save file if something goes wrong, and this option does not prevent that. Not that I have done that a few times in this game, no sir ;P

I believe you, and no, can't remove it from an existing game.
Hopefully you can keep playing it without the hitch showing up again, but as you said, these games take a looong time to play so might be better to actually start anew, in case something goes down the drain further along you'll not have lost as much time.

Cheers

Yeah, suffice to say this is the last time I will use it. But, I would rather not restart the game. As you all know, these games take a looong time to play, and I guess I cannot remove that option from within a game? (That would kinda ruin the purpose of it :) )

But I don't se what it protects against? Order of saved files? Timestamp? I mean, let's face it, the biggest "cheat" in this game is reloading an earlier save file if something goes wrong, and this option does not prevent that. Not that I have done that a few times in this game, no sir ;P
Unfortunately the update for the menu music works by changing an XML file each time you start or load a game. The game considers that as an asset change and will not load games started with the Lock assets option.
So if you really want to use it, you could disable the loading of that Python code.

But: I absolutely do not recommend playing with that option. C2C is updated all the time and using that option prevents you from applying any update. So if your game runs into some repeatable CTD that we fix afterwards, you would not be able to apply that fix to your game.

I have seen that with Cart path, Mud Path and Road Tech, the City will upgrade automatically to the respective road, yet when I research Construction and can build Paved Road, the Cities do NOT upgrade to the paved road. You can build the building Paved Roads in the City but still do not get the paved road movement. You have to send a worker into the city tile to BUILD paved road in order to get the paved road improvment in the city itself. Is this normal or a bug?

I have seen that with Cart path, Mud Path and Road Tech, the City will upgrade automatically to the respective road, yet when I research Construction and can build Paved Road, the Cities do NOT upgrade to the paved road. You can build the building Paved Roads in the City but still do not get the paved road movement. You have to send a worker into the city tile to BUILD paved road in order to get the paved road improvment in the city itself. Is this normal or a bug?

Well, 'bug' is probably a bit strong, but it sounds at least li an 'oversight' that should be remedied. I'll take a look at it.

Ok, I have a theory, but its not reproducing in my game, so I could use a save game from you that illustrates it to verify the theory and fix it...

It doesn't happen with all cities. In my game there were 3 out of 12 cities taht didn't get Paved Roads automatically. Redoing assets fixed it though.

Cheers

It doesn't happen with all cities. In my game there were 3 out of 12 cities taht didn't get Paved Roads automatically. Redoing assets fixed it though.

Cheers

nvm, see below, thx

But again the point was, do you have a savedgame so Koshling can take a look at what you just posted, with the info happening that you said, thx.

Don't worry. Pretty sure I know the cause - I've just pushed a fix to SVN. It won't fix existing unupgraded routes (but an asset rebuild will as pointed out above), but it should prevent it from happening in future when you get a new route tech.

The civopedia for King Richards Crusade says required to train Crusader, but after building it, there is no option to train crusaders in the build menu. CAN you train Crusaders as well as receive one for free every now and then, or is training not really an option, regardless of what the pedia says?

The civopedia for King Richards Crusade says required to train Crusader, but after building it, there is no option to train crusaders in the build menu. CAN you train Crusaders as well as receive one for free every now and then, or is training not really an option, regardless of what the pedia says?

You only get them for free. I think the pedia may be a bit (several years) out of date. :(

Okay, here is an intermitant problem. I Have a Great General field commander in my stack army. I do one attack, check the GG, his CP did not go down, his XP did not go up. stack attack or single attack. I quick save and reload, it works normal again. Just into Medieval era, not across oceans yet.

Additional; he is not giving his promotion bonus either. Before attack odds listed as 22%. after save and reload, same attack odds now listed as 96%.

Okay, here is an intermitant problem. I Have a Great General field commander in my stack army. I do one attack, check the GG, his CP did not go down, his XP did not go up. stack attack or single attack. I quick save and reload, it works normal again. Just into Medieval era, not across oceans yet.

Additional; he is not giving his promotion bonus either. Before attack odds listed as 22%. after save and reload, same attack odds now listed as 96%.

Can you provide a few more details:

1) It's an attack right, not a defense?

2) Is the stack moving and then attacking or attacking from its start position on the turn in question?

3) Does it occur with stack attack turned on and also with stack attack turned off, or only one way?

4) Are any other units moving into or out of its command range in the same turn prior to the attack?

5) Are there any other commanders nearby (or were there at the start of the turn)?

Can you provide a few more details:

1) It's an attack right, not a defense?

2) Is the stack moving and then attacking or attacking from its start position on the turn in question?

3) Does it occur with stack attack turned on and also with stack attack turned off, or only one way?

4) Are any other units moving into or out of its command range in the same turn prior to the attack?

5) Are there any other commanders nearby (or were there at the start of the turn)?

1) I have not checked with a defence. It has always been on my attack
2) Both
3) Stack attack is turned off
4, 5) No other units near, or moving, no other commanders. Just the one stack, one commander.

1) I have not checked with a defence. It has always been on my attack
2) Both
3) Stack attack is turned off
4, 5) No other units near, or moving, no other commanders. Just the one stack, one commander.

I know it's going to be a pain, but could you set your autosave to every turn, and post a save game from the turn BEFORE it happens (which I think should then reproduce when you play through again from that save, whereas a save in the turn it happens won't), together with notes on what replay actions need to be taken to see it. I'll try to find a flaw in the code to explain it, but if you're able to take the time to get a turn before save that would be very helpful...

I noticed something strange when using auto explore with privateers. That make my game to stall , it hangs for a while and than recovers. It happens every time I am doing that to the next unit so imagine how it looks when I am trying to sail away 10 Privateers ;) It is a huge map, a lot of cities and in a mid game but that is a only serious slowdown except when other leaders try to contact me - what is up with that? It stalls my game so the round takes ages. Is it algorithm or maybe map oriented? I do play Mongoose.
All other game aspects work like charm .

I noticed something strange when using auto explore with privateers. That make my game to stall , it hangs for a while and than recovers. It happens every time I am doing that to the next unit so imagine how it looks when I am trying to sail away 10 Privateers ;) It is a huge map, a lot of cities and in a mid game but that is a only serious slowdown except when other leaders try to contact me - what is up with that? It stalls my game so the round takes ages. Is it algorithm or maybe map oriented? I do play Mongoose.
All other game aspects work like charm .

It's vey likely a scalability bug with the pathing. Stormwind (least I think it was him) posted a save game illustrating it a few days ago. I plan to look into it next week, and will post a fix to the patch thread once I have addressed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom