COMMUNITY CALL TO POWER v4.05 Play-testing Release

it looked odd where it was, but did not hurt anything. What is the meaning of the left most number (something like 14.23) with no fly by hint.

I just noticed, the wrong cityview was included with the upload. It should also show info for health. I'll do another build and upload soon. In the meantime, the files can be replaced with these:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ikow5h3mb2zfv1/cityview.rar?dl=0

They go in:

C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Community Call To Power v4.05 DLL Version (v 2)\CCTP\Events\Emigration\UI\InGame\CityView

@ Bladess: The left most is a clock.

Having the extra panel somehow centered would look better in my opinion. If the extra panel is not visible in the city view, it's better to leave the ressources on the top panel. At least i'm interested in the number of left over ressources within the city view

@ Bladess: The left most is a clock.

Having the extra panel somehow centered would look better in my opinion. If the extra panel is not visible in the city view, it's better to leave the ressources on the top panel. At least i'm interested in the number of left over ressources within the city view

what was missing in city view was the local health for each city.

In my opinion it fits much better in the second row on top than in the bottom. Especially without background.
Having the clock in the top row would make it perfect :)

Status report
I´m currently playing a huge map, earth, ca. 25 nations, second highest difficulty. I have to add, that i am a bad player and use the editor to give me a head start
(more ressources, science, some settlers etc.). I play at the second highest difficulty in order to have strong opponents later on, and i cheat at the start because
i want to have fun, not to struggle to survive.
The mod itself has plenty of missing text, all the leaders have no name when talking to them, some even have no graphic at all. Apart from a few buildings,
improvements and wonders wich don´t seem to do anything, the mod runs pretty stable.
But, the biggest (more or less only) beef i have is with the ai. I know that this is a problem since vanilla, but nevertheless, it reduces all the great content of this mod
to little more than nice toys to play alone with. I find myself constantly cheating in order to help the ai grow stronger.

Here are my findings in detail(all ai related):

The science bonus works good, nearly all ai nation are with me in the classical era now. However, my science is still stronger than theirs because of my big city sizes.
They simply fail to grow their cities properly, because they don´t cut down forests and jungles. Apart from those cities who have neither(and build plenty of farms),
most are simply too small because of lack of food. The auto-grow of forests and jungles makes this even worse.

From time to time, i add money to their treasury (10, 20 or 30 k), but they don´t know how to use it properly. Most of thetime, they outspend each other while
buying influence with city states.

I increased their city populations, but they lack the happyness to cope with it. I planted luxury ressources, but there are not enough to offset the problem.
I checked their social policies and found they use too little wich increase happyness.

There are many ressources the ai doesn´t use, because they´ve build a differrent improvement at that hex before the ressource became visible.

Many times, they are behind in the construction of city buildings.

Suggestions:
-Increase the importance of food production, thus the necessity to cut down forest/jungles.
-Increase the importance of rush building.
-Increase the number of luxury ressources, the importance of policies pertaining to happyness or the general happyness bonus for the ai.
-reduce the time the ai needs to construct buildings.
-Increase the importance of ressource improvements.

I hope my findings help you a bit to make this great mod even better.

Thanks for the report.

We are still working on balancing the mod and suggestions are always welcome.

As far as the leader screens, that is not this mod. If your playing w/ 25 nations you must be using whowards dll 34 civ. While this allows for over 22 nations, the game itself isn't designed to show over 22 leader screens, which causes the blank screens and such.

@Lasch
Some of your reported problems are your fault, thats no offence.
But increasing ai city sizes can work the wrong way.
For example it can cause negaitive happiness or increase the plague a city generates.
The ai cant handle cheats like a human player does, also cheating in the beginning can harm the ai in various ways.

There are a lot of policies that improve happiness .
What wonders improvements do you mean that do nothing?

Anyway the smart ai only works with whowards original dll mod.

Edit:
More a note for us :crazyeye:

With the tree growing , also the number of plague will increase, and when the ai is keeping woods then also there health can be a problem.
This may affect there growing extremly, we need to adjust this.
I think i will start in updating some flavors to force the ai to chop woods more often.

Teopetra cave (sp?) wonder, paper and tin smelter have no description and obviously no benefit.
I´d like to learn how me cheating at the start harms the ai. In general, i only want a nice and quiet place where i can start my empire, without racing for territory. I´d like to have strong enemies a bit later, when i already own a few cities and soldiers, not when i´m still running around buttnaked.
One ore important point: The ai copes very badly with raging bandits. While it´s fun for me to defend against, it greatly hinders ai expansion.

You wrote: "the smart ai only works with whowards original dll mod". Is the smart ai an extra mod or part of CCTP wich doesn´t work with the 32civ.dll?

Teopetra cave (sp?) wonder, paper and tin smelter have no description and obviously no benefit.
I´d like to learn how me cheating at the start harms the ai. In general, i only want a nice and quiet place where i can start my empire, without racing for territory. I´d like to have strong enemies a bit later, when i already own a few cities and soldiers, not when i´m still running around buttnaked.
One ore important point: The ai copes very badly with raging bandits. While it´s fun for me to defend against, it greatly hinders ai expansion.

You wrote: "the smart ai only works with whowards original dll mod". Is the smart ai an extra mod or part of CCTP wich doesn´t work with the 32civ.dll?

Smart ai improves the ai f.e with buying objects in ciries with gold.
Its a feature whward provided a time ago, and its included in CCTP.

Sure some buildings miss the tipps, but this doesnt mean they have no use.
When i got time i will finish this part, but iam busy and in the past other parts where more important.

For early cheating, if you wish i can give you several examples.
If you encounter another civs and are stronger then them, they could start creating a army instead of creating infrastructure.
If you give you extra resources, this can end in a war with other ais that wish this resources.
If you cheat to get early wonders, this can break relations with other civs.
I could post more but i think this is enough.

Well i understand that someone would like to play with a better ai, but fact is only all features in CCTP are avaible with whowards original DLL mod.
This starts with broken civ features and end with a better ai.

There are several things wich lack the decription, but show costs and benefits.
The 3 things however show only costs, but no benefits.
About the ai, i never had a war once, and our relations are either good or neutral.
Also, from the beginning to now our forces were equal or they had more.
But anyway, i will start a fresh game with the original dll mod,(and reduce my cheating :smug:) .

There are several things wich lack the decription, but show costs and benefits.
The 3 things however show only costs, but no benefits.
About the ai, i never had a war once, and our relations are either good or neutral.
Also, from the beginning to now our forces were equal or they had more.
But anyway, i will start a fresh game with the original dll mod,(and reduce my cheating :smug:) .

Well i have no problem with cheating ;), i just say that this can affect the ai, thats all.

Not all yields are shown in the pedia, yields from mountains like the theopetracave does or yields from resources like the tin building.
This count for several parts like features and so on.

Thats due the fact that we use a altered game, in vanilla f.e. doesnt exist mountain yields at all.

One more thing: Do you recommend using only the "DLL - Various Mod Components", or
can i add others from his site too? How about a 2 or more upt mod? If yes, should i use yours or whowards?

One more thing: Do you recommend using only the "DLL - Various Mod Components", or
can i add others from his site too? How about a 2 or more upt mod? If yes, should i use yours or whowards?

You just have to check which ones you use. Quite a few of his mods are already incorporated in cctp.

If you look in the C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Community Call To Power v4.05 DLL Version (v 2)\DLL Support folder you can see which ones are included.

this needs korea dlc now? cos i get error can't load some korea dds when starting. than it just freezes forever.

this needs korea dlc now? cos i get error can't load some korea dds when starting. than it just freezes forever.

We us one improvement from the Korea DLC.

You can manually remove it, then all should work without any problem.

Look under CCTP/Improvements/CCTP_Improvements.xml

Spoiler :

<!--/////////\\\\\\\\\\\\-->
<Row>
<Type>IMPROVEMENT_WAJO</Type>
<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_WAJO</ArtDefineTag>
<PortraitIndex>0</PortraitIndex>
<IconAtlas>KOREA_TERRAIN_ATLAS</IconAtlas>
<Coastal>true</Coastal>
<NearbyEnemyDamage>20</NearbyEnemyDamage>
<Description>TXT_KEY_KOREA_SCENARIO_IMPROVEMENT_WAJO</Description>
<Help>TXT_KEY_CIV5_IMPROVEMENTS_WAJO_HELP</Help>
<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_CIV5_IMPROVEMENTS_WAJO_TEXT</Civilopedia>
</Row>

And just remove this entry with a texteditor and save the file.

Top Bottom