COMMUNITY CALL TO POWER v4.05 Play-testing Release

I'm having a serious problem with respect to resource discovery. They simply do not exist! For example, when I research a technology that theoretically reveal a feature on the map, but does not reveal (and does not exists)! This is affecting a little fun in the mod. To get a sense of the problem, I finished antiquity with only 2 resources discovered: Bison and Ambar! Any solution to this problem? (sorry for bad english)

Welcome to the forum
:old::dance:[party]:beer:

Do you mean you only discovered this 2 resources?

Well i think you mean that you only see this CCTP resources and the vanilla ones are revealing as normal.

If so then you should know that in the version you are running most of the CCTP resources have also a policy request, if you miss the related policy the resources are not shown.

This will be changed in the next version.

Welcome to the forum
:old::dance:[party]:beer:

Do you mean you only discovered this 2 resources?

Well i think you mean that you only see this CCTP resources and the vanilla ones are revealing as normal.

If so then you should know that in the version you are running most of the CCTP resources have also a policy request, if you miss the related policy the resources are not shown.

This will be changed in the next version.

I'm actually talking about even the resources that exist in the normal game like copper, salt and fish, they also do not appear!

PS: Thanks for the welcome!

My game keeps crashing around turn 335ish. (renamed log files to txt's so I could upload)

Attachments

• Database.txt
    80.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Lua.txt
    235.8 KB · Views: 47
  • xml.txt
    6.2 KB · Views: 254
The readme file says to clear your cache and moduserdata . When I attempt to learn what this is, I only ever find links back to discussions about Civilization V, or Skyrim.
Steam doesn't explain what it is. Google can't help me figure out what it is. I'm stumped. Does anyone know how to find the relevant help file?

What I've found is this: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Civilization_V#Steam_Workshop_Issues

which cautions me that "manual mods" will all be deleted if I remove these database files. That is all my mods, including the very one described here since I am extracting a folder directly into My Games\{Civ V}\MODS

@Horseshoe_Hermi

It means you need to delete everything in these two folders:
Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache
Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ModUserData

And you won't loose anything as these are temporary data which will be recreated by the game from scratch if your start it again with the mods. And your mods won't be deleted but only unchecked in the game's mods screen, so you will have to enable them again.

While every build of CCTP takes so much time (more then 10 minutes lol), i have some time to post more notes for the next update.

*New Resources are added that can be produced or are provided via buildings.
F.E Obsidian and Fuel Cells.

*Over 100!!! new buildings and wonders are added.

*CCTP contains now exactly 602 Technologies.

*Policy branches are linked to Technologies and every branch has there own unique building/improvement.

*Added more then 10 complete new improvements to the game.

*Added BE Units to the game.

*Every Religion now comes with there unique buildings, this will expanded later with national wonders and so on.

*Gyogens amazing event system, that brings so much to CCTP that you will all love;=)

*Fixed several bugs. To many to count them all, but i bet with the new version we will encounter some new ones.
While we would like to provide the final version soon, we will release next week the last testing version of CCTP.

With the feedback of the community and finally many hours of play time (yes iam going to play for the first time since a very very long time), we will balance this version and remove the remaining (if we encounter them) bugs.

Then 2-4 weeks later we will release the final version of CCTP, so that the people outthere who would like to help us with the text entries and other parts will have enough time for there work.

Alright the build is done, and i will start to work again on CCTP.

Ok the new version is out :D

The mayor changes are

*Heavy expanded Techtree, with a new yield system that increase with new technologies. (it will be expanded and improved in the next few weeks).

*Event system, no words :lol:, just check it out.

*Many new policy branches (resources are still link with policies, will be altered with the next update)

*A bunch of new wonders and buildings. the mod should now contain somethin between 750-800 of them plus the 150 dummy buildings.

*To fix the advanced screen problem, some civs own a new unique buildings, for now its just a wall replace, if you have some suggestions let me now and we can change it (its just a placeholder)

*Many new units (the strength and resource requirement needs to be changed/adjusted), for now they have no other requirement as the buildings (look at the help text)

*Cities can now constructed on water (thanks to Frame Architect), we will adjust there starting time maybe later.

*Some new resources, but have not yet there full entries (just to busy with rl)

*Many new improvements (sv will come with the next update, the same counts for the yield adjusting.

*Some buildings/wonders have a need adjusting tag in there help entry, dont be confused this will all be tweaked and changed in the final update.

*Many more features and bug fixing....

Some last words, this will be hopefully the last testing version for a long time.
After the hollydays we will probably upload a altered version, that contains some missing containt and hotfixes if needed.

The goal of this version is to get feedback for the Event system and on some other new parts.

If you encounter a problem with the city view, i.e if you build a policy branch building, please provide us also the lua logs (could happen not must, but negative yields are a little bit strange and if i mist something, then yes it can happen:crazyeye:)

Like always feedback is welcome;)

Thanks a lot: Is there any reason that TilesPer value in Resources.sql is 5 for each of them? It effectively kills huge map games. +I recommend to reconsider Luxury vs bonus resource. Jade and especially amber are Luxury in my book, but arguably Coffee and cacao are that as well. On the other hand Honey was common everyday thing that was not traded that much but was part of locals diet.

Well, before it happened that I bought a city state (special feature of Austria). I started another game and when I founded a 2nd city happened again the same problem.
And on the logs I would post up here, but I do not know how to do it :(

I also realized that he is still with the same problem: not appear on the map the resources, both those of the CCTP (Jade, for example) as those normal game (Spice and Silk, for example)

Top Bottom