Game Pace: standard
Resources: strategic balance
CS: 2 for each Civ
Policy saving: no
Promotion saving: no
Barbarians: normal
OK,

where is the Polish team ?

And, our friends from CFC can write down there settings ?

Thanks

OK,

where is the Polish team ?

And, our friends from CFC can write down there settings ?

Thanks

Our Worf is currently communicating with the polish forum guys. Until now they just singnalized that they are willing to play. We will tell them to discuss their settings and to post them here.
Yepp CFC it's your turn too. When we have all settings posted, we can start the discussion.
@Kiffe: t'a deja essayer le tool BF?

I like Prince Ralfi's settings.

I like Prince Ralfi's settings.

I agree. Are there only 4 teams?

Also what DLC can we run? I understand people not having the civs, but does everyone have the Wonder pack? That would be wonderful.

By now we are 4 teams. That's why we chose map size tiny. The advantage is, that the turn times are minimized. Our experience shows the more players, the more time it takes. Especialy when team are involved with discussions ...
Our captain will be having at least the wonders. I think civs won't be a problem neither.
I think the polish team will post their settings pretty soon. Then we need to discuss the platform. (Anyone checked out the BF tool yet) And the choice of civs.

By now we are 4 teams. That's why we chose map size tiny. The advantage is, that the turn times are minimized. Our experience shows the more players, the more time it takes. Especialy when team are involved with discussions ...
Our captain will be having at least the wonders. I think civs won't be a problem neither.
I think the polish team will post their settings pretty soon. Then we need to discuss the platform. (Anyone checked out the BF tool yet) And the choice of civs.

Oh right, we only need whoever actually plays the turns to have the DLC. Well I have all the DLC, and I believe Tab does too. And I don't remember who else wanted to play off the top of my head.

Also my friend pointed out that I made a pun. I hadn't even noticed :lol:

Oh right, we only need whoever actually plays the turns to have the DLC. Well I have all the DLC, and I believe Tab does too. And I don't remember who else wanted to play off the top of my head.

Also my friend pointed out that I made a pun. I hadn't even noticed :lol:

I have all the DLC, so It is not a PB for our team neither.

Hi, I'm a representative or rather some sort of leader from the polish site.
Sorry for the delay, but here are the settings.

Pangaea
Tiny
Default difficulty (at least we play all ffa/pbems/games on it, could be something other)
Standard speed
Strategic balance
1 cs per player, perchance 2 per player if there will be some regulations
Barbarians and ruins
All dlc

Goodie,

so it's on. I think we could get on board with 1 CS per player but without regulations.
I'll repeat:

Map Type: Pangaea/Pangaea+ (vote)
Map Size: Tiny
Difficulty: Emperor (compromise between noble and immo)
CS: 1 per player
Ruins: yes/no (vote)
DLC: all

We still need to find a platform for the game. I think we got 3 choices here:
GMR - very good handling, diplomacy would have to go via forums, replacement difficult
BF tool (german/english) - good handling, diplomacy possible, distribution of saves possible
via e-mail directly - bad handling, organisation needed

We will start discussing civilization choice now. :woohoo: ... so excited.

cu

I think we should have ruins. Its part of the incentive of early exploring. And the randomization is accounted for in the decision to partake in exploring. If you want reliable yields, improve your tiles, build buildings, and spread out. If you want to go all in with what you have, go tall and peaceful. And if you want to risk resources, go to war.

Who is on the CFC team, to clarify? I would like to know who to discuss strategy with (and pick civ).

So we aggree on the settings. We will use GMR I think. For diplo, we will do it here on the site.

For the civs picking, We should find a good compromise between choice and all pick babylone. In the french forum, we have nice special pick system :

- Each players do a list of 4 civs
- Each first choice is examinate. If you are the only one to have choose this civ, you have it and this civ is eliminated. if 2 players or more have choosen this civ, no one have it and the civ is eliminated.
- The second choice is examinate without the eliminated civs with the same principle.

Maybe we can use something like that to pick civs.

Goodie,

so it's on. I think we could get on board with 1 CS per player but without regulations.
I'll repeat:

Map Type: Pangaea/Pangaea+ (vote)
Map Size: Tiny
Difficulty: Emperor (compromise between noble and immo)
CS: 1 per player
Ruins: yes/no (vote)
DLC: all

We still need to find a platform for the game. I think we got 3 choices here:
GMR - very good handling, diplomacy would have to go via forums, replacement difficult
BF tool (german/english) - good handling, diplomacy possible, distribution of saves possible
via e-mail directly - bad handling, organisation needed

We will start discussing civilization choice now. :woohoo: ... so excited.

cu

Or pick any RNG for all of us. 1= Ethopia, 2= Spain, etc. We can at least decide which civs that will enter in the poll then do a random pick.

For the civs picking, We should find a good compromise between choice and all pick babylone. In the french forum, we have nice special pick system :

- Each players do a list of 4 civs
- Each first choice is examinate. If you are the only one to have choose this civ, you have it and this civ is eliminated. if 2 players or more have choosen this civ, no one have it and the civ is eliminated.
- The second choice is examinate without the eliminated civs with the same principle.

Maybe we can use something like that to pick civs.

Sounds ok.
So any team will give a list of 4 civs in preference order. And we decide after the system.

Well, is this meant to be super-competitive or fun? I was under the impression that since each player is actually a team of differently skilled players, this was casual. If that is the case, I think we should just random. Especially because I am sure it is difficult for multiple players to agree on any civ.

On the other hand, if someone truly HATE playing a certain civ or style, we could do the pseudo-random thing Tabarnak suggested. Or something similar.

Each team gets to eliminate one civ from the random pool. We are using all DLC and G&K right? So there are 34 civs and 4 teams. We could go 5 times around (more or less) and eliminate civs, then random from the remains. It would be like drafting, but in reverse. For example:

I don't mind playing India, so I will leave it in the pool. But I know most people hate playing India, so hopefully they waste one of their bans on it and I can get rid of something I am poor at playing but I know others use effectively.

I think the system of the frenchies is like free civ choice.
You chose 4 Civ's in order of your preference. With 4 players anyone should get his favorite civ. Only if another one wants your civ for first choice too, it'll be off the table and you get your second choice. It's a good thing to avoid disagreements.

We all play 4 fun right ... but anyone wants to rule.

I think the system of the frenchies is like free civ choice.
You chose 4 Civ's in order of your preference. With 4 players anyone should get his favorite civ. Only if another one wants your civ for first choice too, it'll be off the table and you get your second choice. It's a good thing to avoid disagreements.

We all play 4 fun right ... but anyone wants to rule.

This lets each TEAM get their first pick and avoids disagreements. My point is that may be hard to get people within the team to agree on which civ(s) they want. It may be easier to random.

I certainly don't mind picking. This is why I would like to know who is on what team, so I can start communicating with my teammates! :)

Ok,

things i know for sure:
KiffeLesBiffles is from the french forum
Majar from the polish
Worf, Viktorianer and me are from the german one

We created a private sub forum with only known members in the group. You have to do that for certain if we really do everything game related here. You should develop a spy test. ;-)

Ok,

things i know for sure:
KiffeLesBiffles is from the french forum
Majar from the polish
Worf, Viktorianer and me are from the german one

We created a private sub forum with only known members in the group. You have to do that for certain if we really do everything game related here. You should develop a spy test. ;-)

Ok, so as far as I know Tabarnak, EEE_boy, Islandia, JakeAlmighty, Foffaren, and I are the CFC members. If they all still wanted to participate.

Is there a way to make a private subforum, or a private message?

Maybe we can aggree on 4 not tout OP civs, and then make a randomization ?

This could probably be done with the elimination method I mentioned before, but to speed it up have each team eliminate 2 civs per round? Or to do it even faster, each team name 8 civs they would accept. Anything with 2 or more votes is an option, and then random from those?

Top Bottom