Community Patch Events Development

While playing as Arabia, found that Religious Institution gives +4 Faith to Academies only in Capital vicinity, not other cities. Is it intended?
Thanks for the great mod.

While playing as Arabia, found that Religious Institution gives +4 Faith to Academies only in Capital vicinity, not other cities. Is it intended?
Thanks for the great mod.
They shouldn't be... I'll have to test that out...

Also, I have a question regarding Siam, Vihara said to give 2 culture 1 faith to stupas, so then Siam gets ability to by stupas with faith?

Also, I have a question regarding Siam, Vihara said to give 2 culture 1 faith to stupas, so then Siam gets ability to by stupas with faith?
They get to buy Vihara which is an alternative to Stupa.

You can faith-purchase either because they're in the same group as a Stupa. If you haven't unlocked stupa, then you can unlock an alternative stupa. If you have unlocked it, the AI will default to that faith-purchase as it'll get some extra bonuses. However, once you do, they become locked. Can't have the stupa or vihara in the same city. Now this is great for blocking out Stupas beliefs since belief buildings owned by a belief will only boost their pressure while non-belief owned pressure boosters aren't hardcapped to boosting one belief, but all beliefs(or the majority, I forgot).

Not to mention they're +50 faith cost more than their belief-based counterpart.

Last edited:
So, I'm realizing event progress has been slow, but should I partially release the update? Obviously, the civs that aren't polished yet aren't balanced yet, but they are still playable as usual. What's the initial consensus?

How's this update coming-along? Also are there any tutorials on creating events? I can look into the XML file and edit some basic things, but I'd like to dive deeper if possible.
I mean you could ask me for ideas, and then I'll just tell you if it's possible or not. After all, practice makes perfect.

Last edited:
Is "Jungle Trade" Brazil event on that wikia site right? Cause it seems really weird to punish civilization for building their unique improvement.

So, I'm realizing event progress has been slow, but should I partially release the update? Obviously, the civs that aren't polished yet aren't balanced yet, but they are still playable as usual. What's the initial consensus?
IMO No rush. Finish when you're finished.

I'd like to add events compatibility with the custom civs I have ported, but I will hold off until this is complete. I'm unfamiliar with the events system's mechanics and coding, so it's going to be an uphill battle to get the civs integrated.

So, I have some questions:
  • Should I PM Hokath, since he's the unique civ events dude?
  • Besides Hokath's 5 events per civ, are there any other requirements for a custom civ to have full events for VP integration?
  • The 5 events per civ seem to be triggered at different eras, is there a loose rule for what the timing should be? ie. Once every 2 eras? First in Classical, Last in atomic? Max of 1 event per era?
  • Is it more important to get Unique events for civs up and running, or E&D for VP? What do people use more? I'm probably only going to do compatibility for 1; thinking of 7+ unique events for each civ is asking a lot

Is "Jungle Trade" Brazil event on that wikia site right? Cause it seems really weird to punish civilization for building their unique improvement.
Fair point, I'll remove the penalty on the UI, but keep it on logging camps. I believe the intent of hokath was to make it that jungle had a really good bonus that could be replaced with something else such as a brazilwood camp and logging camp.
IMO No rush. Finish when you're finished.

I'd like to add events compatibility with the custom civs I have ported, but I will hold off until this is complete. I'm unfamiliar with the events system's mechanics and coding, so it's going to be an uphill battle to get the civs integrated.

So, I have some questions:
  • Should I PM Hokath, since he's the unique civ events dude?
  • Besides Hokath's 5 events per civ, are there any other requirements for a custom civ to have full events for VP integration?
  • The 5 events per civ seem to be triggered at different eras, is there a loose rule for what the timing should be? ie. Once every 2 eras? First in Classical, Last in atomic? Max of 1 event per era?
  • Is it more important to get Unique events for civs up and running, or E&D for VP? What do people use more? I'm probably only going to do compatibility for 1; thinking of 7+ unique events for each civ is asking a lot
  • Hokath isn't as active as I am, but the unique civ are usually balanced in my experience.
  • Just 5 events + 1 free GP Event every medieval era.
  • No strict rule except you shouldn't be allowing 5 possible events in the classical era unless you're putting extremely tight restrictions on those choices.
  • E&D for VP has Unique Events? Also it's not necessary since you can just let the "generic" model take in case of your civ's events.

Just 5 events + 1 free GP Event every medieval era.
Sorry, to clarify, There's 6 events total, but one of them has to give some sort of GP, and it has to occur in medieval? Or is that a typo, and it's a recurring event that happens every era?
E&D for VP has Unique Events? Also it's not necessary since you can just let the "generic" model take in case of your civ's events
So you're suggesting that E&D integration is probably time better spent, since this mod has generic bonuses can pick up the slack for events compatibility?

Sorry, to clarify, There's 6 events total, but one of them has to give some sort of GP, and it has to occur in medieval? Or is that a typo, and it's a recurring event that happens every era?
Every 150 Turns (Considering it's normal turns, you might get either.. 3 free GP or 2 free GP at most before the game starts to CTD or someone gets a victory).

So you're suggesting that E&D integration is probably time better spent, since this mod has generic bonuses can pick up the slack for events compatibility?
Yes.

Hey everybody so I'm almost done with the update. Just need a few more tweaking on the advisor events and it should be released by today.

Most of the changelog is basically in the Wikia page(since that was the most work spent on)

Apostolic Tradition fix.
Ceremonial Burial fix.
Council of Elder fix.
Theocratic Rule fix.
Way of the Pilgrim fix.
Way of Transcendence fix.
Natural Wonder events less likely to occur.
Fixed Peace, Land, Bread bug with Wheat.
Added a Dissolution Event which concerns when you pick a certain policy...
Added Renaissance Event which occurs in a certain policy.
Removed Ideological Events until further notice(they will be re-released.. but for now).
Removed some other events.. I keep forgetting which.

Edit: I'm going to introduce a better way for compatibility with custom civs!

Edit2: I'll actually need 1 more day to see how I can make things easier for people with more than 1 custom civ working out now!

Last edited:
@Enginseer sorry to bother you as I didn't want to rush you but I was wondering if you could release the update for us regular peeps to play first as right now your left with is adding compatability for custom civs?
Sry if this is like rushing you >.<

Of course, I am sorry! I'll merge the update. I was just trying to make it easier for custom civs to make compatibility!

Have you considered using a custom database table, like how JFD does for his lua scripts? I think it would be much easier for the user side.

Have you considered using a custom database table, like how JFD does for his lua scripts? I think it would be much easier for the user side.
For...?

Top Bottom