Community Patch Events Development

I understand your concern, but it's only because I have been removing a few common events and re-balancing them.

In the next version, you should experience less bad events as there are other events to pull from.

I understand your concern, but it's only because I have been removing a few common events and re-balancing them.

In the next version, you should experience less bad events as there are other events to pull from.
I appreciate this, most certainly. In hindsight I probably based some of my above opinion on a game that went sideways in every other sense too, but I digress.

The event War Materials's "Gain three Envoy near the Capital" decision actually applies to each city you own. Receiving 36 free envoys was pretty spectacular!

The event War Materials's "Gain three Envoy near the Capital" decision actually applies to each city you own. Receiving 36 free envoys was pretty spectacular!
good bug reporter i release next version soon

good bug reporter i release next version soon
Another one: The "Sun Never Sets" promotion doesn't seem to function. At least, the intended bonus strength (+1% strength for every tile away from the capital) does not appear in the combat tooltip.
Edit: Actually, this only seems to be the case for Mehal Sefari. Same code used but just reversed I guess? :)

Another one: The "Sun Never Sets" promotion doesn't seem to function. At least, the intended bonus strength (+1% strength for every tile away from the capital) does not appear in the combat tooltip.
Edit: Actually, this only seems to be the case for Mehal Sefari.
Ah yes it's bugged when you have two conflicting promotion.
Got one where it's +25% from Capital that decreases by 5% or something down to 0%
and then
+1% from Capital and increases by +1% or something to infinity.

You get the idea, you're too far and then the bonuses don't even matter because of those conflict. I won't fix because it means having to override a promo which I'd like to avoid.

also if this https://civ-5-cbp.wikia.com/wiki/Advisor_Events is somehow updated. Means the next version of CE is ready.

Last edited:
View media item 4994Jaguars, Pictish Warriors and Immortals galore! So the events do grant unique units now, but I do think they should be civilization-specific...
Edit: I think this is an issue brought by the newest hotfix and not Community Events, because the same thing occurs with base VP events as well (with Community Events disabled). My bad

Last edited:
Hey I was wondering if the good event not appearing during the Foreign Advisor event was fixed?

Ok my bad. I might have worded it wrong. What I meant to say is, during the 100 turns of the advisor events, there are 2 events. A positive and a negative (for example, the Military advisor's positive is where it yields culture and faith when a unit is killed near that city, and a negative is when there's a barbarian that will appear.), as you already know. In the last update last year, I think there was bug where the Foreign Advisor's negative event (Foreigner Killed) appears, but not the positive. My question is, has this been fixed already? Or is it just bad luck for me? Coz it hasn't appeared for me.

I've reread the script and apparently I just needed a caravansary or lighthouse to trigger the good event. Most sincere apologies.

I get Player Event Bank Run, but it has no description
Interesting, I need to check that out.

On another note, I'm pleased to announce that the free Great Person Event will be moved an era toward into the Renaissance. Don't worry custom civs that have support will have a TRIGGER detecting whenever or not they fit and have their era moved to Renaissance as well.

Last edited:
the Theocratic Rule event - where civil servants should give +2c+2f seems not working, at least after the event my culture growth stays the same

Aw, hoped Persia would finally get an event that recognizes its obsession with archery. Welp, there's an event for elephants and savaran cavalry so I'm content. :) Nice work guys. I just have to download the mod from Github and try it out right?

Aw, hoped Persia would finally get an event that recognizes its obsession with archery. Welp, there's an event for elephants and savaran cavalry so I'm content. :) Nice work guys. I just have to download the mod from Github and try it out right?
Future E&D thing.

You can just subscribe. The GitHub is very outdated.

* Foreign Advisor event is still not balanced and not worth even a little unless you have plenty of fishing boats.
You can lose 75 :c5gold::c5culture: scaling per city in times when you produce like half of it per turn, you can get -1:c5food:/farm for 100+ turns, at possibility of getting 2:c5production:/fishing boat, 2:c5gold: to camps, 2:c5food: or :c5culture: to some jungle/desert resources. And some bonus to caravansary building, which never seems to fire. Totally not worth it and a trap for first time players.

* Solomon Mines can still get you free armory in ancient era

* Civ events are not ok if I HAVE to choose them. Like for America I HAVE to choose
Gain +1 :c5culture: and +2:c5gold: on Pastures. However, all Cities have their [ICON_RESEARCH] Illiteracy thresholds increased by 10%.
Receive a copy of both the [ICON_RES_GOLD] Gold and [ICON_RES_FUR] Furs Luxury Resources. All Villages produce +1 :tourism: and :c5culture: Border Growth Point. However, all Cities have their :c5gold: Poverty thresholds increased by 10%
For {4_Turns}, receive two copies of the [ICON_RES_SUGAR] Sugar Luxury Resource, and all Villages produce +2 :c5gold: Gold. However, all Cities have their [ICON_STRENGTH] Distress thresholds increased by 10%

I don't want those events. I don't want to trade +15:c5culture:/30:c5gold: in reneissance to get more illiteracy. Or some :tourism: to get poverty.

Those are not beneficial events :c5unhappy:

Top Bottom