Community Patch - How To Install

By the way, I had played Civ V a while back and found the Vox Populi mod, among many others, before taking a long break. Now that I'm back, I'm playing catch up on all of the recent developments.

That said, I'm not a fan of the Pathfinder unit -- only because I was already using another mod (JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded) that provided an upgrade path for Scouts, among many other things. Is the Pathfinder unit supposed to earn XP for revealing unexplored tiles? (It appears to be in the code for recon units, but it's not happening in-game.)

I am experiencing the same problem. I have all of the DLCs and I used the Automatic Installer to apply this mod. What should I do now to resolve the UI conflict?

There were other issues that had come about with the mod update, that I couldn't fix, so I figured it was time to use the nuclear option. I unsubscribed (Steam Workshop) from all mods and deleted the Civ V MODS folder. I reinstalled the Vox Populi mod (via the Automatic Installer) and resubscribed to half of my prior mods. Fortunately, my UI is working properly now, and it looks like all is in order -- though I am still evaluating the Pathfinder unit.

@briantjack

Nice job getting it to work. Yes, many people on the team have mentioned that other Mods will conflict. They require your Mod folder to be empty before bug testing. Some mods do work—poke around the Vox Populi subforum to find them.

If you think that's the nuclear option, I had to reinstall Civ5 every time I wanted to update this mod (due to a particular folder getting 'stuck', not giving me permission to delete or modify.)

If you have any more issues, try this: I found a modpack someone made and installed it as a DLC instead. That solved all of my installation problems. Like this one.

The pathfinder changes are actually very recent, T Here's still a lot of discussion going around. You don't always get xp for revealing, only 1 for around every 3 tiles, from my rough observation. There are also promotions to help them gain xp from more dangerous tasks, like spotting in enemy territory and pillaging.

I thought about calling my exercise the "scorched earth option", but I decided to reserve that term for if I had to reinstall the game.

[QUOTE="cammcken, post: 14796350, member: 231835"][USER=283265]
If you have any more issues, try this: I found a modpack someone made and installed it as a DLC instead. That solved all of my installation problems. Like [URL='https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/6-16-17-beta-inquisitive-raven-modpack.617790/']this one. [/URL]
[/QUOTE]

You know, I read that thread the other day, and I couldn't figure out the purpose of the mod/dlc. What is meant by "desync"?

[QUOTE="cammcken, post: 14796350, member: 231835"][USER=283265]
The pathfinder changes are actually very recent, T Here's still a lot of discussion going around. You don't always get xp for revealing, only 1 for around every 3 tiles, from my rough observation. There are also promotions to help them gain xp from more dangerous tasks, like spotting in enemy territory and pillaging.
[/QUOTE]

I found the code, and the chance to gain XP for revealing unexplored tiles was at 12 percent -- which equates to about 1 XP for every 8 tiles revealed. Personally, I think the chance should be raised to 16 percent (1 XP per 6 tiles) or 20 (1 XP per 5 tiles). However, I haven't seen the other XP-gaining promotions, yet, so ... I'm still evaluating.
[/user][/user]

You know, I read that thread the other day, and I couldn't figure out the purpose of the mod/dlc. What is meant by "desync"?

To the best of my knowledge (because I'm fairly new here too), modpacks have 3 purposes:
  1. To bundle multiple, compatible mods into one easy installation.
  2. To allow multiplayer, because multiplayer in Civ5 cannot be played with mods but can when they are disguised as DLC's
  3. Convenience, because you don't need to re-load them from the Mods menu every time you start the game.
I use it because the official installer wasn't working, so "alternate installation" is the 4th purpose.

All you need to do is move the folder into your [...\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC] folder. Easy.

The discussion around desyncs are just multiplayer bugs players are reporting.

Hi, not sure if this is where these types of posts go but I don't think it's a bug, more of an installation issue. I have used the auto installer, have all the requisite DLC, AND have tried reinstalling Civ, but I still cannot get the CBO to work. Depending on which of the mods I use, by turning off "more luxuries" in particular, I can get portions of the CBO to work, Civs have updated abilities and units and certain policies change but others do not. But I cannot for the life of me get the tech tree to change, it is always vanilla tech. Any chances there is something I need to do in the installation other than just using the auto installer and activating the mods? Thanks much for any help and please let me know if there is a better place for me to put this post.

Clear your cache. Use "mods" loading window. Do you use mac?

Clear your cache. Use "mods" loading window. Do you use mac?
Cleared cache, I have been using the mods window in game, and I am on Windows not a Mac. The weird thing is if I don't use "More Luxuries" the Civ leaders have their updated abilities and just the Progress policy tree is updated, but the tech tree and the rest of the policies are all vanilla. But when I use all 6 mods from the auto-installer everything is still vanilla. Not really getting what's going on...
Thanks for any help!

Other mods in use for possible conflicts? Loading order is also a possibility.

Am facing the same issue as Bearscull where the CBO doesn't seem to work at all either.

Have installed it in the order of Fresh install -> Install VP (Automated Installer) -> Enable all six mod from the in-game mod menu.

Is there any way to debug what's going wrong?

Anything in logs? Maybe your antivirus or firewall blocked mods somehow?

@Bearscull and @felixleong, let's confirm that all the needed mods are actually active: I am not on my computer now so I am speaking from memory, but when you are in-game and go to the game menu, there should be a label called 'mods' somewhere below the load/save buttons. When you click it you should get a list of active mods you are playing with. Can you see All the VP components there?

With the limited knowledge I have so far, it seems to stem from the fact that the database (at least from what I can glean from both Civ5CoreDatabase.db and Civ5DebugDatabase.db) that none of the new database changes from the mods are applied.

Update: Have deleted the cache and keeping a snapshot of cached files before activating the mod. And after I've enabled the mods, I ran it through `sqldiff` for both databases and no changes has been made despite the mods have been enabled.

Though funnily enough, from stopwatch.log, it does appear that the mods are successfully activated and there are logs that updates the databases. So I'm a bit confused right now of how that is possible.

Some pointers of where to look for is appreciated :).

Last edited:
Not sure what my problem was, but after another reinstall of Civ and the auto-installer I've got mine working. Had a crash or two on start up the first couple of times but its working now!

I just started playing Vox Populi mod. But my current gameplay, I cannot work on the new luxuries, for example I cannot build Plantation on Olives. there's just no option for it.
I cleared the cache and reinstalled the mods, but it still didnt help. Any suggestions?

Hi, created an account here because having trouble with installation and I really want to play. When using the automatic installer, it never installs 6(b) or (c) (chose to use EUI so I assume it skips 6(b)). When I launch Civ after successfully running the installer, I go to Mods, and 6(c) isn't in the list (obviously) but also the only Mod that I'm able to enable is the Community Patch. When I mouse over the other buttons to enable/disable it tells me "Mod missing required dependency". Tried manual installation and followed the instructions, but came to the same outcome. I have all the DLC (other than the Scrambled DLCs), emptied my cache multiple times, tried a fresh Civ V install, tried downloading without Firewall...

I'm probably missing something super obvious, but can anyone help?

I'm having issues with with Vox Populi EUI Version. I have deleted the LUA file from the mod files however I'm still getting UI issues where the top bar that displays Science per turn and culture per turn etc. is messed up. It says PoliciesOFF even though it is on. On the other side it doesn't display trade routes tourism or year. Also when I mouse over a tile no tool tip will show up just a small box that says "words". When first setting up a game and selecting a civilization, some civs don't have more than 1 unique buillding, tile improvement or unit.
20170711011459_1.jpg
20170711011625_1.jpg
20170711011918_1.jpg

Why don't you use the autoinstaller? Then you do not have to delete any files - all is done automatically.

Although if your Steam folder is not on C: drive / standard location, you will have to move the EUI folder manually from the default location (don't remember exactly, but something like: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Civ5/DLC/ui_bc1) to the correct one.

Top Bottom