Community Patch - How To Install

Wait so if I have EUI already installed on the vanilla game, do I need to install the "Vox Populi (no EUI)" or "Vox Populi (with EUI)". Because now that I'm seeing it again it looks like the with EUI installs EUI along with it? I'm not much for modding so I don't know a lot about this.

I am not using EUI myself, but I remember they were the same once, but I think there is a new EUI version now so I don't think this is the case anymore. Anyway when you choose the "with EUI" option in the autoinstaller, it will overwrite your original EUI with the one bundled with VP - unless, as I say above, your Steam is installed in a non-default, then you have to move the newly installed VP EUI to the correct folder (which probably contains your original EUI, you have to overwrite it).

Hello,

I've been trying to use Vox populi, civ V version, but i can't get through this problem : the UA of the civilizations don't change. Everything else does, but those and maybe the social policies (i don't know the exact changes on them so i can't really tell).
I activate the 6 components, i don't press back, the enhanced UI works, addded luxuries too, event system too, but not the UAs...
Can sombody help me ? And yes i deleted the cache folder.

Don't remove the LUA folder - you don't need to. Just run the installer and play.

G

I delete the files/cache, run the installer but still no luck :x

I will try a fresh install tomorrow by reinstalling the game.

Thx anyway, now, i know i just need to run the installer and nothing else. :)

Edit : it's working ! :p
Did a reinstall of the game, it appears some residual files were still present. So after deleting them, installing the mod, now everything works fine. Right now enjoying a fresh game with the shoshone :)

Reading through I'm having the same problems Eleanorea had but I've gone through the trouble of deleting all Civ V related folders after uninstalling, and then restarting to then redownload the game instead of restoring a backup like I usually had done. I used the auto-installer for Vox with EUI and I crash after the first turn every single time. I've even tried checking and unchecking different options to see if that is what is causing it, etc. I have not had any success and have now spent the majority of my day today trying to fix it all :/

Any suggestions?

Kind of a weird question - I had trouble installing and getting it to work, but i think I figured it out. Is the starting unit supposed to be a pathfinder or a warrior.. I keep getting a warrior but i'm watching youtube vids of people starting with pathfinders.

Kind of a weird question - I had trouble installing and getting it to work, but i think I figured it out. Is the starting unit supposed to be a pathfinder or a warrior.. I keep getting a warrior but i'm watching youtube vids of people starting with pathfinders.
Pathfinder starts are in the beta version. Scroll down to non-stickied threads to find them.

Edit:
Whoops I was totally wrong on that. Pathfinder should be in this version. You sure everything's there for you?

Edit 2:
Nope I just remembered that the starter was changed in the beta, with the pathfinder replacing the scout pre-beta. Damnit. Anyways the first statement is your answer.

Last edited:
Well, my problem isn't that it's not working, my problem is that not everything is working and i can't seem to understand apart from a, somehow, files that are blocking each others ?
I've reinstalled, uninstalled, both, the game and the vox populi (automatic installation). I don't know, still the unique abilities and the social policies don't dare to change. Maybe the original game is preventing the mod to work ? Would seem unlikely so if anybody has an answer ?

I think somebody had the same problem as you before and it was somehow caused by a firewall or something. Try going back through this thread and you will find it.

Oh, and your game is in English, right?

Hi can anyone tell me the difference between the 43civ version of Vox Populi and the standard one (both with EUI) and why I would choose one over the other and vice versa?

I like the new Pathfinder unit -- particularly in that there is now an upgrade path to the Scout and beyond in the VP files. (I now don't have to load another mod to support that feature.) However, I think that upgrade path could use a little more work.
Right now, it goes something like this:
Pathfinder (Ancient) --> Scout (Classical) --> Explorer (Medieval) --> Zeppelin (Industrial) --> Paratrooper (Modern) --> Special Forces (Information) --> XCOM Squad (Information)

My gripe here is the feeling that this path is forced. In upgrading to the Zeppelin, we're transitioning from a ground (melee) unit to a hover (ranged) unit; in upgrading to a Paratrooper, we're transitioning back to a ground (melee) unit. What do you think about replacing the Zeppelin with a new unit, one that would be able to climb mountains? And we could keep the Zeppelin as a unit but make it a precursor to the Helicopter Gunship (or even Light Tank).

Furthermore, the last three units in the path are melee combat units that are missing out on the usual melee unit promotions.

I appreciate having upgrades beyond Explorer. In wars alone, I have found the extra sight available with an experienced scout unit invaluable in coordinating troop movements and attacks. (Too bad we can't deploy satellites above the battlefield.) In that regard, having tougher scout units that can withstand a Bomber attack or Artillery barrage is desired. How about something like this path instead?
Pathfinder (Ancient) --> Scout (Classical) --> Adventurer (Medieval) --> Explorer (Renaissance) --> Cartographer (Industrial) --> Spotter (Modern) --> Intelligence Analyst (Information)
Of course, the names beyond Explorer are suggestive; I haven't thought long enough to determine better names. I envision these units having the same combat strength as ranged units for their respective eras (but without the ranged capabilities, of course), so as to have better survivability on the battlefield.

Same problem as reported by a few other people. Used the automatic installer and not all features work. New UI is working, and maybe the better AI too (can't be sure). But almost all other features missing. No extra advanced setup, no new units/luxuries options etc.

Have tried re-installs and deleting the cache...

Are you sure, you go to the mods menu, activate the mods and PRESS NEXT (= not Back)? Looks like you are playing the Base game with only EUI. When in game there should be a list of active mods in the main menu - I think it is in the right bottom part - can you see the VP mods there?

Are you sure, you go to the mods menu, activate the mods and PRESS NEXT (= not Back)? Looks like you are playing the Base game with only EUI. When in game there should be a list of active mods in the main menu - I think it is in the right bottom part - can you see the VP mods there?

Ah jeez, now I feel a fool. I wasn't doing that - I was pressing next, seeing the mods were active, then backing out of the mods menu. Didn't even see the "Single Player" option at the top after pressing next.

Thanks

Hi,
Enjoying Vox Populi a lot - thx! :)
I have one minor problem tho.
When there is my turn i I click "choose production" the city screen opens. I click the building to buid and instantly the city window closes - thats fine.
However, is there a way that in this screen i can queue few things to build? - I was trying adding to que with alt, ctrl and shift pressed but it always closes after first pick. To make a que in city I have to enter city screen again.
Is there a way to make a queue when going to "choose production" first time?
Greets.

Good evening I have been trying to install the vox populi mod all day and have had no luck. I used a manual from a user on here and still no luck. I tried both the manual install and the auto installer which gets all the mods to appear in the right folders and got them to appear in game except for the community patch one. Anyone have any idea as to why this could be happening?

Except for the (1) Community Patch?

Maybe you have Whoward's Various DLL components installed? They may be sharing the mod ID and the game does not see CP.

Try moving all non-potable mods out of the Mods folder and rerun the autoinstaller.

I do have that mod installed and where could I put it?
You cannot have them both in the Mods folder at the same time. Delete it or back it up somewhere.

Btw, the majority of mods requiring the Whoward's DLL will work with CP (VP) as well.

Top Bottom