1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Patch - How To Install

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Always happy to take on new code, feel free to post the code here. I can't originally remember who wrote the AI leader personalities code...that was a long time ago.

G

2. haydenhayden011

haydenhayden011 Chieftain

Is it possible for you guys to make a version that works for multiplayer?

3. NikMuazHakim

NikMuazHakim Warlord

Find it here by Gazebo download page or here thread.

4. crushboss

crushboss Chieftain

CBO Changes

If you use a file comparison tool to compare the differences, keep in mind that I re-ordered the Coalition personalities and put them first in LeaderPersonalities.sql to match the way they were listed in LeaderCompatibility.sql. This made it much easier for me to link/match the changes in the two files. LeaderCompatibility.sql had them in alphabetical order (Coalition, Conqueror, Diplomat, Expansionist). LeaderPersonalities.sql had them (Conqueror, Coalition, Diplomat, Expansionist) which isn't in alphabetical order. It doesn't really matter that much except when trying to keep both files consistent. Both sql files now have the personalities in alphabetical order. Just an FYI if you compare the old and new files.

Only use what you want (if any). If you do spend some time looking at them you should see the logic problems with the two current CBO AI personality files. My changes will make diplomacy moderately easier since civs don't get upset and denounce and declare war as much (just because the player is winning or for no "real" reason. The main changes that reflect this are the warmonger and denounce probability settings which I cut in half. You could make less of an adjustment. You'll also notice that the personality settings between the two sql files match perfectly now (so if you change one you'll have to make the same change in the other file).

Best of luck! I'm not a proud person so if you don't like or use anything it's no big deal. As long as everyone is having fun that's what's important. I have as much fun modding the games I play as I do actually playing them.

5. Gazebo

Thanks! Will definitely take a look.

6. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Emperor

In my current game i snowballed quite hard and i have more than 150 of constant war. 6 civs declare war on me as soon as peace treaty expires. They can't really hurt me due to how good i am, but thats a unique situation, you usually do not have 4000 culture and science per turn. In my current game they are just annoying, but in usual games it might be too much

7. briantjack

briantjack Chieftain

I just finished a game using the 7-27 version of the mod, and now I see there's a new version -- 8-8. I'll be installing that now.

In the meantime, does the current version (or prior version, for that matter) have any known issues? In that game I just finished, naval units were not being repaired any faster with the Medic promotions -- neither for themselves nor when adjacent to others.

8. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Please report this to GitHub.

9. briantjack

briantjack Chieftain

Pardon my ignorance. Who or what is GitHub?

10. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Oh, it's an old wise man keeping track of bugs for Gazebo ;-)

It is an online place where you can easily report bugs, discuss them with other users and devs can easily keep track of them and the progress of solving them. You will need to register there, but don't worry, it is very easy to use. It is linked from the bug thread (read the first post) :

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/bug-reports-–-please-read.566461/

11. civver198

civver198 Chieftain

I have installed Vox Populi w/ EUI but only the EUI is working. I have all the DLC in the Steam Store and I run an english version of both Civ and windows 10. I have checked all the boxes under the "MODS" section in Civ V...but it's not working. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

• mods.png
      mods.png
      File size:
      462.3 KB
      Views:
  12. Sundance Kid

Sundance Kid Chieftain

Why is the newest version (8/16) not in the first post of this thread? There's 8/8 still.

13. RichardB

RichardB Chieftain

I got a couple of questions regarding the current state of VP. My last games on the recent patch (as of yesterday from this post) had some weird gamebreaking issues for me and I wonder if that is intended or not.
    a) AIs will >peacefully< become vassals of another AI even though they are ~equal in almost all categories (military, science, #cities, etc.. ). That has completely ruined two of my games already, since the faction was then way too strong and steamrolled all remaining AIs.
    b) Does the player get warmonger points for AIs declaring war on him? In my most recent game my warmonger score keeps snowballing up since two AIs declared on me early on and I took one(!) city of one of them. Now AIs just keep declaring war on me and I sit on ~250warmonger score with some of them, north of 90 with all. I mean.. wth?

This kind of irrational behavior seems wildly broken to me and is no fun to play with at all.

Cheers,
    R.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  14. civver198

civver198 Chieftain

Figured it out! You have to press the "Single Player" button after pressing next in the Mods menu...not back (perhaps this could be written in some FAQ somewhere).

Attached Files:

• sp.png
      sp.png
      File size:
      355 KB
      Views:
  15. Jordan Benjamin

Jordan Benjamin Chieftain

Where can I find the 8/16 vox populi?

16. Jordan Benjamin

You captured their city and thus went farther than simply defending yourself from aggression. Naturally you should get a warmonger penalty because of it.

17. Jordan Benjamin

Do you have a link to the newest version?

18. nyyfandan

nyyfandan Chieftain

Not sure if this is a bug, but the unique ability of Arabia is that you gain GP points, tourism upon completion of historic event. But you also gain 1 science and 1 culture every time. My question is whether or not the gaining of 1 science and 1 culture is bugged, or if it's intentional? If it's always 1 culture and 1 science, regardless of era or game speed or anything, why include it? It just seems strangely insignificant

19. Gazebo

It is literally in the UA description, why would that be a bug?

G

20. nyyfandan

nyyfandan Chieftain

It explains why it's giving culture and science, but not why it's only giving 1 culture or 1 science. I'm just curious why it's even included. Gaining 1 culture point is basically useless after the first 25ish turns. Most bonuses like this in other places within the game scale with era, or scale with gamespeed, etc. but this doesn't from what I can tell. This seems to be stuck at 1 point (or 2 points of science) regardless of what happens in the game. I'm playing this faction now in the medieval era and I'm gaining 1 culture every time this ability fires. I'm just curious as to why this is even included when it's such an insignificant amount.