1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Patch - How To Install

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jun 13, 2014.

1. SLGray

SLGray King

Has the manual download link been removed?

Also the auto installer link is messed up.

Thanks, Gazebo, for fixing the links.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  2. Jaggz

Jaggz Chieftain

I have a quick question since i seem to not be able to find an answer.. after hours of stupid trying i finally figured out that i have to start the single player game from the mods menu drop down after everything is activated..
    now i wanted to know what i have to do, to get the mod running for multiplayer since i read that its possible somehow? thanks in advance :)

Edit: Oh and btw with the auto installer no textfile is created for the EUI, you need to download it manually and copy it in there

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  3. SLGray

SLGray King

4. Jellyking72

Jellyking72 Chieftain

would anyone be able to help me I'm having a problem with nothing spawning except civs, no city-states, luxuries, strategic resources, not even resources like deer, wheat, and stone

5. SLGray

SLGray King

Are you using YnAEMP v24? If yes, you need to edit the loading lua. Search the file for ressource (not the first one, but the second one) and reverse the plots (X Y to Y X).

6. vyyt

vyyt Deity

If not, then this is typically happening when your Civ5 is not up to date. The most recent version ends with. 279. @Jellyking72, the version is written under the main menu after you launch the game. You can update the game from Steam - it should be happening automatically, but sometimes the update is failing for some people.

7. SLGray

SLGray King

It depends on what version you have though. Also does not Steam automatically update the game?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  8. vyyt

vyyt Deity

It should, but for some strange reason it does not for some people. I remember 3 years ago (or whenever the latest update happened) I had to launch Steam and force the update manually. From time to time you see people with the same problem in this thread - of course some of them may be using a pirated version, so it's hard to tell how common this problem is - probably very rare after all the these years.

9. Sunrunner

Sunrunner Chieftain

Never had this problem before but I was about to begin a new game and installed the 10/17 version. Every time I am mid way through turn 2 the game crashes. Is anyone else having a problem with the 10/17 version? I installed 1,2,3,4,5,6a,UI - removed the LUA from 1 and 2 - cleared cache. I even removed and reinstalled all Civ V folders to start with a clean install.

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I did check the link to the page to report bugs and the thread has been closed for more than one year.

10. SLGray

SLGray King

Have you tried deleting the cache folder (game folder)?

11. ashendashin

ashendashin King

The bug you're describing was fixed recently. Just download the installer again. No need to mess with files.

Reports go to github

12. Sunrunner

Sunrunner Chieftain

Yes I did. Please note my install steps in my original post. Thanks for the reply. It seems the issue was addressed based on ashendashin's reply after yours.

13. Sunrunner

Sunrunner Chieftain

Thanks!! I'll give it another try this evening.

14. vyyt

vyyt Deity

If I may correct your wording @ashendashin...

After you use the autoinstaller, DO NOT DELETE anything, the autoinstaller will take care of everything. This what was probably causing problems.

15. Albuquerque

Albuquerque Chieftain

Requesting help with an issue concerning the (1) community patch and (1a) C4DF Addon (NOT Vox Populi). These are my steps, and then the occuring problem:

Fresh install of the complete edition (. 279 version). Opened up the game so the necessary folders could be generated. Downloaded from the Manual Install Folder the two previously stated mods. Unzipped the two downloads and placed them in the correct MODS folder. Deleted all files in the cache folder. Running the game, activating the two mods in the mods menu and clicking next and starting up a game. But under the city screen under the Citizen Management the Production Focus is clearly bugged and not working - it's not changing the citizen to the desired high production tile, instead it does nothing and stays on the default high food tile. The gold focus works, and also food focus, but production does nothing. When i start a game normally without loading the mods this problem is gone.

I have also tried clearing ModUserData and ModdedSaves.

16. SLGray

SLGray King

Are those the only 2 mods you are using?

17. Albuquerque

Albuquerque Chieftain

Yes, after the fresh install, this is the only 2 mods i use.. i also tried with only the (1) community patch - still the same problem. I really dont understand. :S

18. Good Old Toast

Good Old Toast Chieftain

Hi,

I've been using the (1) Community Patch standalone mod with EUI for some time and it works great. I decided that I want to try the (1a) C4DF Addon but it causes many EUI modules to fail in-game. Does anyone know if there is a way to make this compatible with EUI? I tried tinkering with some of the files from the (6a) Community Balance Overhaul - Compatibility Files (EUI) mod but I had no luck.

Thanks.

19. Albuquerque

Albuquerque Chieftain

Good Old Toast, does your production focus work under the citizen management screen?

I also can't get the C4DF Addon to work with EUI - yes I tried to remove C4DF's TopPanel.lua from its ...\UI\InGame folder (EUI's TopPanel.lua is compatible with C4DF, the reverse is not true).

20. Good Old Toast

Good Old Toast Chieftain

Nope that's not working for me either.

I also removed TopPanel.lua like you suggest and while that does restore some EUI functionality there are still a ton of issues. For example, the diplomacy tab doesn't open at all and various other UI elements are missing completely. I tried to add some LUA files from the EUI compatibility mod and while this did seem to fix some things it unfortunately broke a bunch of other stuff in the process.