Community Patch - How To Install

It is, but it's not compatible with EUI.

Thanks, I don't use the EUI though. I see in your instructions for RTP we are supposed to set the JFD piety community balance patch option to 1 in the sql file. I open the file and see both 0 and 1 values. How do we know if the JFD piety CBP patch is set to 1? Again apologies for the newbish technical questions. I feel like I'm close to getting this thing set up perfect.

Thanks, I don't use the EUI though. I see in your instructions for RTP we are supposed to set the JFD piety community balance patch option to 1 in the sql file. I open the file and see both 0 and 1 values. How do we know if the JFD piety CBP patch is set to 1? Again apologies for the newbish technical questions. I feel like I'm close to getting this thing set up perfect.

The setting should change automatically if required.

The setting should change automatically if required.

Hmm. I'm getting an error for piety, sovereignty,and one other (don't remember off the top of my head) saying the system has been disabled or is otherwise unavailable. I see this error when i start the game and go to the overlay options at the top of the screen. To me, this means that there is a "0" value somewhere where it should be "1". Any ideas?

A screenshot would be useful.

Here are two. The first is the top panel overlay screen. You'll see that the piety, prosperity, and sovereignty boxes are all unchecked. The screenshot wouldn't capture the error message, but if i try to click the boxes i get the message I typed above, "the system has been disabled or is otherwise unavailable." The second screenshot is the world religion screen and you can see how it says piety is not available. I have the latest version of the mod, and CBP. I've also cleared the cache. Thanks for all the help.

Attachments

• help.png
    help.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 134
  • help2.png
    help2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 163
You'll also notice in the bottom left the movement, attack, fortify, etc. unit action icons seem to be a little off as well.

You'll need to found a State Religion (at Philosophy in CBO IIRC) and Government (don't recall where that is in the CBO) before those options are made available. I don't think you're running into any bugs here, just perhaps a lack of clear communication from the UI as to what "disabled or unavailable meant." Will try to clarify it in an update.

You'll need to found a State Religion (at Philosophy in CBO IIRC) and Government (don't recall where that is in the CBO) before those options are made available. I don't think you're running into any bugs here, just perhaps a lack of clear communication from the UI as to what "disabled or unavailable meant." Will try to clarify it in an update.

:blush:

I thought it might be something that I just hadn't discovered/done yet in game. I thought it might be a bug with the messed up unit icons, but thank you for clarifying.

Just got this mod finally.....a few observations/questions:

1) What happened to the new turn popups on the right side of the screen.....were those not very helpful? Were they replaced somehow? I even miss the new turn audio signal.

2) I see someone recently asked this, but I see no answers. What about Steam achievements? I'm guessing no?

3) I recall a discussion in the HoF games threads, but can't exactly recall........is this MOD acceptable for HoF games?

Not sure I like it so far, but I realize it probably takes getting used to. It appears at least one of the biggest failures(city culture growth) has been revamped. But, I'm surprised there hasn't been great additions like Buffy did for Civ 4, like notifications of city growth, etc, etc, etc, etc....unless I am missing them so far, that is! Which I certainly could be.

Just got this mod finally.....a few observations/questions:

1) What happened to the new turn popups on the right side of the screen.....were those not very helpful? Were they replaced somehow? I even miss the new turn audio signal.

2) I see someone recently asked this, but I see no answers. What about Steam achievements? I'm guessing no?

3) I recall a discussion in the HoF games threads, but can't exactly recall........is this MOD acceptable for HoF games?

Not sure I like it so far, but I realize it probably takes getting used to. It appears at least one of the biggest failures(city culture growth) has been revamped. But, I'm surprised there hasn't been great additions like Buffy did for Civ 4, like notifications of city growth, etc, etc, etc, etc....unless I am missing them so far, that is! Which I certainly could be.
no offense but VOX is one of the best thing that happened to CIV 5.

1.) what do you mean? IT IS very useful and informative. are we even playing the same game?
2,3.) steam achievements and HoF on this is enabled as far as i've know. either way, these two ARE useless in my opinion. just as those "borders/icons" on League of Legends.

edit: overall, all we need is VERY GOOD AI, balance and complicatedly insanely good game play experience.

no offense but VOX is one of the best thing that happened to CIV 5.

1.) what do you mean? IT IS very useful and informative. are we even playing the same game?
2,3.) steam achievements and HoF on this is enabled as far as i've know. either way, these two ARE useless in my opinion. just as those "borders/icons" on League of Legends.

edit: overall, all we need is VERY GOOD AI, balance and complicatedly insanely good game play experience.

1) ??? Have you even played vanilla? Each start of turns, there are popups on the right side of the screen, that help play the game. Those are no longer happening. Is this how this mod is supposed to be? To me, this is a huge negative, if so.

2) I'm skeptical that this works with HoF games. There are many changes. Maybe you cannot enable all the components, like extra resources, etc?

3) Kind of moot, at this point.....the mod worked fine at first....now, when I try to load a game, and click Continue, a Corporations page comes up, when the game screen loads, and I cannot get it to close....quite frustrating. I can click around and the map moves, but no way will this screen close. Renders it unplayable.

1) ??? Have you even played vanilla? Each start of turns, there are popups on the right side of the screen, that help play the game. Those are no longer happening. Is this how this mod is supposed to be? To me, this is a huge negative, if so.

2) I'm skeptical that this works with HoF games. There are many changes. Maybe you cannot enable all the components, like extra resources, etc?

3) Kind of moot, at this point.....the mod worked fine at first....now, when I try to load a game, and click Continue, a Corporations page comes up, when the game screen loads, and I cannot get it to close....quite frustrating. I can click around and the map moves, but no way will this screen close. Renders it unplayable.

You have a bad install. Reinstall and follow instructions.

G

all i can think of is your barking on the WRONG tree. you're complaining on things that you shouldn't be experiencing. those people who encountered "those-so-called-bugs" were the people who didn't follow the instructions and meet the requirements properly. i have no problems with the current vox except for the great admiral bug.

Last edited:
Hi,
This may have been solved already, if so please can someone direct me there or copy/paste the solution.
I'm having an issue in turning on the mods in the first place.
All the mods are dependent on one another in a chain but the top of the chain, that being Community Patch is causing an issue. It states that it depends on the game version being between 1 and 1, and BNW being active.
BNW is active, so I went to the mod files for Community patch and edited the .modinfo file so that the game version was as such:
<Game minversion="1" maxversion="1" />

However, that doesn't seem to do anything.
Can someone please help.

Strange. You do not need to edit any files. Would you attach a screen shot with the error message?

Never heard of this error, but I would first try verifying the game integrity at Steam.

hello i have a question about
WHoward's Pick'N'Mix Mods livetuner
i reinstalled civ v but somehow i cant use unit promotions they are not visible
i was using before reinstall
i added the ltb to debug folder and installed the mod
what am i doing wrong ?

I'm sometimes getting a "Explore" command bug for sea units now (the Caravel, at least). That is, when I click the 'e' button, nothing happens, and when I pass the mouse on the interface 'explore' button, it says in red: "No reachable areas to explore at the moment". But when I manually send the Caravel to some unexplored tile, then it goes. This doesn't happen always, though.

What can I do to solve this? It isn't the end of the world, but it's somewhat boring having to manually explore.

Obs: ain't finding my last post on the UI bug to quote who helped me, but it's solved. There was probably some problem with one of the mods I was using, so I disabled some of them and now it's ok. Thanks!

Top Bottom