Community Patch - How To Install

Could you please, please provide a mirror? My MEGA download always screeches to a halt after downloading about a third of the file, and I have no idea why. I'm not even downloading the full mod pack.

EDIT:
Okay, I eventually got it working, but I had to switch browsers in order to get it to download. I'm sure it's a MEGA issue, not yours, but it's still offputting. A mirror would be nice either way.

Nevertheless, you don't have to reply to this anymore

Last edited:
I had to switch from Chrome to Firefox to get it to download.
Hmm, interesting, works fine on Chrome for me. Maybe some plugin/extension was causing it? If it was firewall/antivirus, then I think you would have had the same problem under Firefox too. Anyway, good that you made it work.

Hi Everyone, I'm trying to get back into CiV after a few years, and I know I was using this mod. I uninstalled the game, did a clean install. Runs fine. I installed this mod from the forums here and it's CTD when I try to launch the modded game. Help please.

Hi Everyone, I'm trying to get back into CiV after a few years, and I know I was using this mod. I uninstalled the game, did a clean install. Runs fine. I installed this mod from the forums here and it's CTD when I try to launch the modded game. Help please.
The latest beta? Via the autoinstaller.exe? With EUI? Did you activate all mod components in the mods screen?

Hi! I tried to download Vox Populi, but the interface is messed up after I load it.

* I had already manually installed EUI before.
* I installed the Community Patch with the autoinstaller, choosing the "with EUI" option.
* Opening Civ, choosing the mods 1-6 (or 1-7b). The game loads correctly, but the interface is messed up (much of the interface isn't showing).

The "common solutions" don't seem to work:
* EUI works correctly. It is in my DLC folder of Civ.
* I manually removed other versions of the Community Patch, and double checked that the DDL folder of the community patch is deleted
* It doesn't work on either v89 or v94
* I am not using other mods.
* I am using version .279 of Civ (from Steam)
* Deleting the cache folder and restarting Civ doesn't solve the issue

Any other suggestions? Should I reinstall EUI manually? One thing I noticed it that when I open the Mods screen in Civ it is "updating" certain mods. Is that interfering with stuff somehow?

Oh: likely the culprit is that Steam is not installed in the default location, so the auto-installer created a folder under C:/Program Files/Steam/.../UI_bc1, which is *not* in my actual Steam folder. Should I just replace the folder in my actual installation with this folder?

I'm trying to return to VP after being away for a year or 2, but I'm getting a crash to desktop whenever I try to start a game when using the files linked as latest in the OP.

I did the manual install because the auto-installer gave an error because it was trying to look for Steam on the D: drive which doesn't exist on my computer (though I used to have a D: drive). The manual install instructions are pretty vague so I'm not sure if I did it right. From the files within the manual install folder, I moved all of the folders with numbers in parentheses into Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS folder, except for (6b) because I wanted EUI. I then deleted the LUA folders from Community Balance Overhaul and Community Patch folders. Finally, I cleared the cache folder. When starting a game I enable just the VP mods.

I can start games when I have no mods enabled or non-VP mods enabled, so my Civ5 installation is working. However, Civ5 itself is installed on my F: drive but the mods folder is on my C: drive. Could this cause issues with VP?

@Frozen In Ice , so there is no drive D: on your computer? And the autoinstaller throws an error and shuts down? Interesting, could there be some leftovers in your registry pointing to D: ? Were Steam + Civ5 installed on D: before?

I am curious because in your situation, the autoinstaller should install VP to C:/Documents/Civ5/MODs/ and create a "dummy" folder structure for EUI on drive C: and place EUI there (the current autoinstaller always puts EUI to C: ) instead of throwing an error. Then you would just need to move EUI from the dummy structure on C to the correct location of Steam/Civ5/ on drive F:

Edit: Sorry for not being helpful, I have not done a manual install for centuries, so I have no idea what to delete, etc., but I have never heard of a case like yours - autoinstaller throwing an error and quiting. Users with Steam in a non-standard location are common though - you can see a couple of them before your post.

@Frozen In Ice , so there is no drive D: on your computer? And the autoinstaller throws an error and shuts down? Interesting, could there be some leftovers in your registry pointing to D: ? Were Steam + Civ5 installed on D: before?

I am curious because in your situation, the autoinstaller should install VP to C:/Documents/Civ5/MODs/ and create a "dummy" folder structure for EUI on drive C: and place EUI there (the current autoinstaller always puts EUI to C: ) instead of throwing an error. Then you would just need to move EUI from the dummy structure on C to the correct location of Steam/Civ5/ on drive F:

Edit: Sorry for not being helpful, I have not done a manual install for centuries, so I have no idea what to delete, etc., but I have never heard of a case like yours - autoinstaller throwing an error and quiting. Users with Steam in a non-standard location are common though - you can see a couple of them before your post.
Thank you vyyt for the quick response.

Steam is based on C: drive, and I used to have a Steam Library on the D: drive. My D: started having degraded performance so I ended up replacing D: drive with an F: drive, and now my main Steam library is on the F: drive. I probably had Civ 5 installed on the D: drive at one point, but I have now installed it to my F: drive.

This is specifically the error I get when using the auto-installer:
upload_2020-5-13_11-49-17.png

It is the EUI files it's failing on.

I tried poking around the registry, but I am not familiar at all with it. Steam registry stuff appears to be in "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Valve\Steam", but I didn't see anything related to D: or F: drive. In Steam itself I confirmed that the D: library was deleted from it's memory.
upload_2020-5-13_12-0-23.png

I will try reading back through the thread to see if anyone else has a similar situation.

Aha, I did find a Civ 5 registry entry pointing at my D: drive! Changing that to my F: drive fixed the auto-installer, and now VP is working for me. Thanks for the suggestion @vyyt !

Aha, I did find a Civ 5 registry entry pointing at my D: drive! Changing that to my F: drive fixed the auto-installer, and now VP is working for me. Thanks for the suggestion @vyyt !
Damn I'm good! :-D It was a very very wild guess.

I am still surprised the autoinstaller tried to access the D drive though. I've always assumed it was picking up the MODs folder correctly wherever it was, but always put EUI on drive C regardless of the actual location of Steam. I've learned something today :)

This might be a dumb question but is there anything I can delete or edit to stop the AI from "behaving like a real player who's trying to win"? I dont really like getting declared war for no reason other than I'm ahead of the AI. But I'd like to keep the optimizations and bug fixes and balance and what not. Is this possible?

This might be a dumb question but is there anything I can delete or edit to stop the AI from "behaving like a real player who's trying to win"? I dont really like getting declared war for no reason other than I'm ahead of the AI. But I'd like to keep the optimizations and bug fixes and balance and what not. Is this possible?

I added an option for this last year. :)

MODS > (1) Community Patch > Core Files > Core Changes > DiploAIOptions.sql

Set DIPLO_AI_NO_VICTORY_COMPETITION to 1 and save the file. Savegame compatible.

I added an option for this last year. :)

MODS > (1) Community Patch > Core Files > Core Changes > DiploAIOptions.sql

Set DIPLO_AI_NO_VICTORY_COMPETITION to 1 and save the file. Savegame compatible.
Awesome! tyvm

edit: I cant find it anywhere :(

Top Bottom