• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Community Patch - How To Install

hi.. i played this mod for like 8 months now, and the only problem for me is. the EUI view,buttons are so big that they're so clumped up on the screen. can you release the next version with smaller buttons expanded city view , circles etc. @Gazebo

btw im using the full automatic installer. or if so... how can i edit this myself. im not really good at editing stuff

hi.. i played this mod for like 8 months now, and the only problem for me is. the EUI view,buttons are so big that they're so clumped up on the screen. can you release the next version with smaller buttons expanded city view , circles etc. @Gazebo

Eh? I don't make EUI.

G

http://i.imgur.com/5y4ogrA.jpg (no UI with other civs)
http://i.imgur.com/3T6dQPn.jpg (Can't attack/skip)

Hello, I've been using the patch for as long as i can remember and never had any problems with it until very recently. About a month ago, when I downloaded the lasted patcher, I started having a bug where I can't interact with the other civs (see the first picture), the UI quite simply doesn't appear on the screen if I try to talk to them, but the other way around works; they can declare war on me, trade with me and so on.

I've been playing like this for about a month (while trying to resolve the problem throughout the forum) and didn't mind so much. But now I just can't keep going. Towns names don't appear anymore, the UI on the right side seems to have stacked in one big pile(?), but more importantly, my town doesn't want to skip its attacking turn nor wants to attack this poor barbarian soul (see second picture). My game is basically in a lock down and save/loading it back doesn't seem to fix it. I was wondering if I'd missed a fix somewhere or if it was completely unrelated to the CBP. thank you~~

Why do cities in CBP deal much less damage? And also - why do units in cities get damaged if the city is attacked? What is the reasoning behind that?

Why do cities in CBP deal much less damage? And also - why do units in cities get damaged if the city is attacked? What is the reasoning behind that?

Cities do less damage but take longer to kill, encouraging more "siege" tactics from attackers and requiring defenders to have standing armies to defend.

Garrisoned units share damage with the city, making cities with a garrison take even longer to kill.

pls add an option in the game setup to postpone archaeology digging instead of forced landmark.

Kolaris, it feels to me like it's a lot easier to take cities in cbp, and defensive buildings are crazy important.

Why do cities in CBP deal much less damage?

I think the original suggestion was because cities 2shotting things in vanilla just didn't make for very interesting gameplay. Cities in CBP still deal decent damage but you can't just rely on defending with your city alone, you need an army to fight an army.

Cities do less damage but take longer to kill, encouraging more "siege" tactics from attackers and requiring defenders to have standing armies to defend.

Garrisoned units share damage with the city, making cities with a garrison take even longer to kill.

I see, thank you for explanation! :)
Though it's weird that you say it takes more time to capture cities because in my experience it's actually much faster (e.g. with the cities that you can destroy with 1 unit in 1 turn :king:).

Playing world map huge as Huns, about 10 tuns in I right click on mountain and my battering ram teleports across the map to the new world, meet the Iroquois! :lol: Strangest thing I've ever seen in this game, only happened as of the latest update. Only using CP and JFDs mods but never had a problem like this before.

Any way to play this without City-State Diplomacy Mod? When disabling it, "(6a) Community Balance Patch - Compability files (EUI)" won't work (missing dependencies). I'm a rookie in these things (don't know anything about modding), so not sure what to do..

That mod is awesome, but I simply think it's too time consuming and I don't really care about city states that much, so I want to stay with simple vanilla system.

Any way to play this without City-State Diplomacy Mod? When disabling it, "(6a) Community Balance Patch - Compability files (EUI)" won't work (missing dependencies). I'm a rookie in these things (don't know anything about modding), so not sure what to do..

That mod is awesome, but I simply think it's too time consuming and I don't really care about city states that much, so I want to stay with simple vanilla system.

Not if using the full package. Keep in mind that diplo units can be automated...

G

Alright, then I'll just change the options to enable gold gifts.

Last question before I start another a month-long game..

Are any of these mods incompitable with the full package? Topic says that it should be compatible with all mods that doesn't change the dll's, but I don't want to stumble opon CTD's while already few days in, so want to make sure my setup is right.

Faster Aircraft Animations
Smart AI
Faster Plot Expansions
Future Worlds
InfoAddict
Less Warmonger Hate
Music Changer
PerfectWorld3
Events and Decisions
Less damaged cities from capture
Wonder Race
All mods up-to-date.

EDIT: While trying to start the game, whole city lost electricity for 5 minutes. Some powerful mods..
EDIT2: Same exact thing happened again. I guess there are compability issues with my hometown.

I imagine that this has been already addressed elsewhere but...

Why is having all the DLC a requirement for the community patch? I'm just curious, because during the most recent holiday Steam sale I didn't purchase *all* the DLC when I should have...

I imagine that this has been already addressed elsewhere but...

Why is having all the DLC a requirement for the community patch? I'm just curious, because during the most recent holiday Steam sale I didn't purchase *all* the DLC when I should have...

All leader DLC, ancient wonders, and expansions. Don't need map packs. You need it because the DLL we use assumes you have all.

G

Sorry if this has been answered ( i have tried to find a answer). I might be being stupid but i've downloaded the installer for this and i ran it. Everything seems fine accept on some things i get a tooltip error of nil value (attached). Am i doing something wrong?

I am running windows 10 and have all the DLC installed.

Thanks for any help

Should i have posted this in a thread for that particular mod?

Top Bottom