Community Patch - How To Install

Hi there, does anybody know if there is a procedure to find out what mod is missing if I want to load a savegame. I saved a game yesterday and today I am not able to load it, because it says that one mod is missing.

There's a button that says "MODS" on the left panel of the "LOAD GAME" screen, opposite "DLC", that will tell you.

Mhh, then I must have changed something yesterday in my active mods, because all mods that are listed there are active. Thank you!

Mhh, then I must have changed something yesterday in my active mods, because all mods that are listed there are active. Thank you!

Have you checked the version numbers?

Yes. I don't know what I changed, it was late ^^ Luckily I wasn't very far in turns

As not only a new player to Civilization 5, but brand new to TBS, I have been watching a lot of "Lets Play" videos on YouTube. Many of these videos were played out on a clearly modded version of Civ 5, a version which made an already graphically pleasing & fun game pop even more. It's so good to have all the key information there in front of you (well at the side). Really handy to be able to see where all your units are and what they're doing, keep an eye on the leader board, and what your cities are doing at a glance. Thanks to everybody who has contributed to this outstanding effort.

Cheers,

PaulC.

I must not be installing correctly, but I can't seem to get it working. I installed the "Everything with EUI" option, and when in-game on the MODs screen, I cannot select the EUI Compatibility Files Mod, even though I have all required dependencies selected already. When hovering over the selector, it says "Mod is missing required dependencies".

I must not be installing correctly, but I can't seem to get it working. I installed the "Everything with EUI" option, and when in-game on the MODs screen, I cannot select the EUI Compatibility Files Mod, even though I have all required dependencies selected already. When hovering over the selector, it says "Mod is missing required dependencies".

This happened to me. You can try deleting the EUI file from the MODS folder, then manually installing it. There's a separate link for doing that in the "How to install" page. If that doesn't work, deleting the file from the DLC folder, then reinstalling should do it.

This happened to me. You can try deleting the EUI file from the MODS folder, then manually installing it. There's a separate link for doing that in the "How to install" page. If that doesn't work, deleting the file from the DLC folder, then reinstalling should do it.

Not sure if it was the issue, but the automatic install didn't delete the previous Compatibility Files Mod, not sure which one is was being picked up by the game, just checking now.

This is happening to me too now.

After installing the "everything with EUI i got the same issue as Crazee123, then

- I have tried to delete the EUI folders inside the MODS folders and clean manually install EUI in DLC folder as suggested on the separate EUI page - No work.

I have tried deleting the EUI from the DLC folder and fresh install VoxPopuli 7.7 - No works.

I am not too sure what I am doing wrong but I am happy to see I am not the only one.

This is happening to me too now.

After installing the "everything with EUI i got the same issue as Crazee123, then

- I have tried to delete the EUI folders inside the MODS folders and clean manually install EUI in DLC folder as suggested on the separate EUI page - No work.

I have tried deleting the EUI from the DLC folder and fresh install VoxPopuli 7.7 - No works.

I am not too sure what I am doing wrong but I am happy to see I am not the only one.

While civ is open and the mods menu is open, remove and then re-add (drag and drop) 1-6a out of the mods folder and then back in. Then try.

G

While civ is open and the mods menu is open, remove and then re-add (drag and drop) 1-6a out of the mods folder and then back in. Then try.

G

Hey.

Before reading this I actually (not too sure the steps I followed correctly), but I basically manually deleted logs, cache and ModUserData. Basically followed the steps found in the PDF

"You then need to delete the following folders there: cache, Logs, ModUserData. Why?
If you already installed mods and used them in a created game, the game will create a cache after you activated
your mods. So all new items, units and other things from your mods will be saved in a cache that the game will then
use while you are playing a session. If you decide to deactivate a mod, the game will still use the cache which still
contains information about units and other things of a mods that you have deactivated."

Made sure no EUI was installed in DLC.

Deleted everything inside MODS folder, and re ran the installer.

That seemed to have worked, so in my humble opinion the auto installer is not completely deleting old files (may be talking crap).

I also noticed that (again may be talking crap) one less folder is present in MODS now, underneath "(6a) Community Balance Overhaul - Compatibility Files (EUI)" , maybe I'm just tripping :)

That seemed to have worked, so in my humble opinion the auto installer is not completely deleting old files (may be talking crap).

I also noticed that (again may be talking crap) one less folder is present in MODS now, underneath "(6a) Community Balance Overhaul - Compatibility Files (EUI)" , maybe I'm just tripping :)

The first point is probably true, and I've noticed the second one a couple of times. Luckily, it's easy to resolve.

and I've noticed the second one a couple of times. Luckily, it's easy to resolve.

So do you think I am actually missing some files?

It seems to be working fine now and I do notice differences from the previous version I was using, I believe it was - Cpp [3-9] .exe + EUI ...I think

Hello everyone,

I am having a consistent issue where, when I start a new game, the "Monopoly and Corporations" window is open and will not close. As soon as I click "Begin...", the window appears and will not close. However, the game is still responsive and I am able to click the main menu button and subsequently exit back to the main menu without issue. I am using the Non-EUI, Complete 7-8 Vox Populi version and have attempted uninstalling and re-installing twice. After the second installation, I only activated the six modules (Community Patch, CBP, City-State Diplomacy, Civ IV Diplomacy, CBP Compatibility, More Luxurie; I activated them in that order) and no other mods. Before every installation I deleted the cache, Logs and ModUserData files as instructed per the installation instructions. Each time I installed, I used the automatic .exe. I have all of the official DLC content, I verified my installation files several times and I have made sure that my game has the latest official path (kind of hard not to, three years later). My computer runs on the Windows 10 OS and is more than adequate to play Civ V with dozens of mods on the highest setting.

While I am skilled in various fields concerning electronics, computers and tech, I will admit to a poor understanding of Civ V's file structure and programming. I have not provided any sort of log, because I do not yet know how to. However I am sure it is easy and that I could learn to do so in a minute; however, I wanted to avoid anything more in depth in terms of troubleshooting if this is a well-known issue. However, as several searches on this site and google have failed in obtaining any information or mention of this issue, my guess is that it is new. If required, I will provide any information asked for (within reason, of course...). While I wait for a response, I am going to uninstall and attempt to install the stable (non-beta) latest Vox Populi version, and if that does not work I am going to attempt to install EUI and the related vox populi versions. My guess is that there is an issue with a)my installation, b) the CBP corporations xml or lua file (I do not have the proper software to view or edit these files), or C) a random bug.

I greatly appreciate any time and effort given to help me with this issue.

Thanks!

devilbunnies

Hello everyone,

I am having a consistent issue where, when I start a new game, the "Monopoly and Corporations" window is open and will not close. As soon as I click "Begin...", the window appears and will not close. However, the game is still responsive and I am able to click the main menu button and subsequently exit back to the main menu without issue. I am using the Non-EUI, Complete 7-8 Vox Populi version and have attempted uninstalling and re-installing twice. After the second installation, I only activated the six modules (Community Patch, CBP, City-State Diplomacy, Civ IV Diplomacy, CBP Compatibility, More Luxurie; I activated them in that order) and no other mods. Before every installation I deleted the cache, Logs and ModUserData files as instructed per the installation instructions. Each time I installed, I used the automatic .exe. I have all of the official DLC content, I verified my installation files several times and I have made sure that my game has the latest official path (kind of hard not to, three years later). My computer runs on the Windows 10 OS and is more than adequate to play Civ V with dozens of mods on the highest setting.

While I am skilled in various fields concerning electronics, computers and tech, I will admit to a poor understanding of Civ V's file structure and programming. I have not provided any sort of log, because I do not yet know how to. However I am sure it is easy and that I could learn to do so in a minute; however, I wanted to avoid anything more in depth in terms of troubleshooting if this is a well-known issue. However, as several searches on this site and google have failed in obtaining any information or mention of this issue, my guess is that it is new. If required, I will provide any information asked for (within reason, of course...). While I wait for a response, I am going to uninstall and attempt to install the stable (non-beta) latest Vox Populi version, and if that does not work I am going to attempt to install EUI and the related vox populi versions. My guess is that there is an issue with a)my installation, b) the CBP corporations xml or lua file (I do not have the proper software to view or edit these files), or C) a random bug.

I greatly appreciate any time and effort given to help me with this issue.

Thanks!

devilbunnies

Compatibility with ExCE. Get rid of JFD's corporation.

G

when I use this mod I cant produce settlers. I used this before and didn't have a problem is there something i'm doin wrong only have the files with the install activated and jfd exploration mod but off or on it still doesn't work

when I use this mod I cant produce settlers. I used this before and didn't have a problem is there something i'm doin wrong only have the files with the install activated and jfd exploration mod but off or on it still doesn't work

I assume you researched pottery?

G

Top Bottom