Community Patch - How To Install

I have downloaded the Community Balance Patch Mod from this website and it shows up in my MODS folder but when i go in game it doesnt show any of the mods part of the CBP mod.. Can you help me?

When you loaded Civ 5, did you click on "get Mods," check off all 6-7 of the VP package, and then continue on?

I have nothing checked in the mods screen menu...the mods that are part of the CBP just aren't there..Im having trouble getting the mods not checking them off. I just dont have some of the mods and the CBP mod itself is download i just dont see the mods in game

I have nothing checked in the mods screen menu...the mods that are part of the CBP just aren't there..Im having trouble getting the mods not checking them off. I just dont have some of the mods and the CBP mod itself is download i just dont see the mods in game

Try deleting the "cache" and "ModUserData" folders (they are in the same folder as the "MODs" folder. You might need to wait a few seconds, but the game should recheck and redownload your mods and notice the VP / CBP components.

If it does not help, then delete all the mods in the MODs folder, and reinstall VP / CBP.

If even that does not help, then first unsubscribe from all your mods from Steam (you can favorite them, so that you can easily re-add them later), then do the above 2 steps again.

so do when i download the CBP do i go the 'mygames', "CIV5" then "MODS" or do i go through the programmx86 files and steam, steam app etc? Same with the VP or something different?

so do when i download the CBP do i go the 'mygames', "CIV5" then "MODS" or do i go through the programmx86 files and steam, steam app etc? Same with the VP or something different?

CBP goes in the MODS file. If you delete the LUA file as well -- sometimes a good idea -- you find that in the DLC in the Steam, etc tree. VP's the same as CBP.

I cannot get the latest CBP w EUI to install properly. I've cleared the mods and cache folders, deleted the UI_bc1 folder in Assets/DLC folder, and used the auto-installer.

I am using other mods but none of them have conflicted with Vox Populi on any of the past 5 versons.

What mod files would cause these conflicts?

Attachments

• CBP city banners.jpg
    CBP city banners.jpg
    376 KB · Views: 109
  • CBP CS pages.jpg
    CBP CS pages.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 88
Ok this should be my last question..... I dont see my MODS folder in my "steam", 'steamapps", "common", "CIV5". i just uninstalled and reinstalled CIV but i dont see it. WHY?

Ok this should be my last question..... I dont see my MODS folder in my "steam", 'steamapps", "common", "CIV5". i just uninstalled and reinstalled CIV but i dont see it. WHY?

That's not where it is on my PC, either. It's in the "My Games" folder that you mentioned earlier, in the Civ5 subfolder.

That's not where it is on my PC, either. It's in the "My Games" folder that you mentioned earlier, in the Civ5 subfolder.

As Txurce said. Also note, that it does not matter where you run the autoinstaller, it should pick the correct folders automatically and you do not have to delete any Lua folders. Just run the game and let us know if it worked this time.

If you install the EUI version of VP, it seems the autoinstaller SOMETIMES picks the wrong folder for EUI if your Steam is not installed in the default location - but that's a different story, let's solve your current problem of the mod not showing in the mod list first :)

I cannot get the latest CBP w EUI to install properly. I've cleared the mods and cache folders, deleted the UI_bc1 folder in Assets/DLC folder, and used the auto-installer.

I am using other mods but none of them have conflicted with Vox Populi on any of the past 5 versons.

What mod files would cause these conflicts?

Looks like a mod conflict, botched install of EUI or missing a DLC civ to me. Please try without the other mods first (after manually deleting the Cache and ModUserData folders) - at least you can scratch one possible cause from the list then :)

I'm using the auto installer for Vox Populi 7-7, and have been able to enable all the mods, and set up a game... and I've played through a fair bit, but I started noticing a problem when I captured an opponent's capital and the tag neither changed colours to mine, but I realised none of the other city quickview pic that shows what's being researched/built was correct either. If I save and reload, all the city tags disappear, and a 'at war' icon shows up next to every civ, including my own.

I've removed the EUI folder in the \steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC folder, I've removed the xml file from the TEXT folder, I've deleted everything inside the MODS folder, rechecked all Steam files, and reinstalled VP7-7. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Seems to stop working when I hit the info era.
EDIT: Updating to VP7-8b and trying to load a 'working' save from 7-7 does a CTD... I guess I'll just play up from the bottom again. -_-
EDIT: Using the 7-8beta and played up to the info era... no problems. NFI what was going on. -_-

Hi there, does anybody know if there is a procedure to find out what mod is missing if I want to load a savegame. I saved a game yesterday and today I am not able to load it, because it says that one mod is missing.

Top Bottom