Complete list of Steam Achievements

That sound quite good. Both the Sumerians and the Hittites were qualifiable civilizations, at least compared with Spanish, Russians, Americans..

New Achievements:

The Choson One - Win as Sejong
Turtle Power - Sink an Ironclad with a turtle ship
Samurai delicatessen - Win the scenario as Japan
Fear the turtle - Win the scenario as Korea
Yow ming! - Win the scenario as China
Emperor Fu Manchu - WIn the scenario as Manchu
Taekwon-DOH! - Lose the scenario as Korea
Dragon Emperor - Win the scenario on Emperor
A righteous victory - Win the scenario on Immortal
Honoring the anscestors - Win on Deity
Seoul power - Win before 100 turns as any civ
It's good to be the Qing - As Manchu, conquer all cities in China
Zeupiter - As Rome, conquer a city with Statue of Zeus
Bolt and Arrow - Build the Statue of Zeus and Temple of Artemis in the same city

Rest later, found http://steamcommunity.com/id/mouseypounds/stats/CivV?xml=1

I was playing a game a couple of days ago with no other goal than to try to win somehow, when the "Paul Bunyon" achievement popped!:D I hadn't thought about the achievements for a long time, but thought -- what the hey -- maybe I could get one or two others.

I managed to get the Ruler of the Seas achievement by playing on Emperor on a standard Small Continents map, standard time, but with only one opponent -- who turned out to be America. I don't know why, but Washington just sat on his butt on his little continent and didn't do much of anything. So, anyway, long story short: I ended up advancing through the eras and built 16 battleships which I used to guard barb camps. I had selected Honor early on so I got culture for every barb killed -- and you get 35 for killing a destroyer, 36 for an infantry, and 40 for a paratrooper. I was only turns away from being able to win a cultural or science victory, or a diplo victory if I felt like building the U.N., but was going to stick it out for a time victory and wished I had checked the extended time box on set-up. But finally the achievement popped.:D

I like the way the new "Rest in Gold Pieces" achievement is set up, with a slide-bar showing the status towards accomplishment. Wish the other (original) 1000-type achievements were set up this way. How many more tiles must I purchase before I get the Land Baron achievement?

I just finished a game where I tried to complete the Model of a Modern Major-General achievment, thinking that I only needed to build a lancer -- since that was what was broken before they fixed it in the last patch. Not so; I have built lots of lancers post-patch and still haven't got the derned achievement. But which ones am I lacking?? Don't know, so I'm keeping track on a chart I printed out. We don't need to build the DLC UUs, right??:confused:

I just finished a game where I tried to complete the Model of a Modern Major-General achievment, thinking that I only needed to build a lancer -- since that was what was broken before they fixed it in the last patch. Not so; I have built lots of lancers post-patch and still haven't got the derned achievement. But which ones am I lacking?? Don't know, so I'm keeping track on a chart I printed out. We don't need to build the DLC UUs, right??:confused:

Turn on the logging and it will give you a text file telling you which units you have left to build and your progress for all the 1000 achievements.

In the config.ini file (my docs/my games/civ V)
; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1 (set to 1 to turn it on)

Turn on the logging and it will give you a text file telling you which units you have left to build and your progress for all the 1000 achievements.

In the config.ini file (my docs/my games/civ V)
; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1 (set to 1 to turn it on)

Thanks a million!:goodjob::D Y'know, I've asked this same question a couple of times before on this thread -- just after it was posted that the logging system was working again -- and nobody answered. You did, and it works! I only have to build a stupid camel archer (again!) and I get the dumb achievement.:p

I'm getting a strange message in my debug log file:

[387198.194] DBG: 39: ERROR: Couldn't retrieve ACHIEVEMENT_HUNDRED_WAR
[387198.194] DBG: 40: ERROR: Couldn't retrieve ACHIEVEMENT_CATFIGHT
[387198.194] DBG: 41: ERROR: Couldn't retrieve ACHIEVEMENT_MANIFEST_DESTINY

[387198.209] DBG: 50: ERROR: Couldn't retrieve ACHIEVEMENT_UNIT_20BATTLES

[387198.397] DBG: 61: ERROR: Couldn't retrieve ACHIEVEMENT_ALL_WAR

[387198.443] DBG: 64: ERROR: Couldn't retrieve ACHIEVEMENT_PEACEFULPLAY

[387198.443] DBG: 73: ERROR: Couldn't retrieve ACHIEVEMENT_LOSE_MULTIPLAYER
[387198.443] DBG: 74: ERROR: Couldn't retrieve ACHIEVEMENT_SIX_DEGREES

[387198.443] DBG: 89: ERROR: Couldn't retrieve ACHIEVEMENT_DEFPACT
[387198.443] DBG: 90: ERROR: Couldn't retrieve ACHIEVEMENT_RESEARCHPACT

[387198.506] DBG: 108: ERROR: Couldn't retrieve ACHIEVEMENT_SPECIAL_ELEPHANTBATTLE

[387198.506] DBG: 117: ERROR: Couldn't retrieve ACHIEVEMENT_CIVILOPEDIA

[387198.568] DBG: 163: ERROR: Couldn't retrieve ACHIEVEMENT_SPECIAL_HWATCH_OUT

[387198.568] DBG: 173: ERROR: Couldn't retrieve ACHIEVEMENT_SCENARIO_05_QING_TAKES_MING

[387198.568] DBG: 177: ERROR: Couldn't retrieve ACHIEVEMENT_SPECIAL_ANCIENT_WONDERS

Have these achievements been disabled or is there something messed up on my PC?

Also none of these achievements show up in my achievements list, not even as still being locked.

I'm getting a strange message in my debug log file:

[387198.194] DBG: 39: ERROR: Couldn't retrieve ACHIEVEMENT_HUNDRED_WAR
[387198.194] DBG: 40: ERROR: Couldn't retrieve ACHIEVEMENT_CATFIGHT
[387198.194] DBG: 41: ERROR: Couldn't retrieve ACHIEVEMENT_MANIFEST_DESTINY

[387198.209] DBG: 50: ERROR: Couldn't retrieve ACHIEVEMENT_UNIT_20BATTLES

[387198.397] DBG: 61: ERROR: Couldn't retrieve ACHIEVEMENT_ALL_WAR

[387198.443] DBG: 64: ERROR: Couldn't retrieve ACHIEVEMENT_PEACEFULPLAY

[387198.443] DBG: 73: ERROR: Couldn't retrieve ACHIEVEMENT_LOSE_MULTIPLAYER
[387198.443] DBG: 74: ERROR: Couldn't retrieve ACHIEVEMENT_SIX_DEGREES

[387198.443] DBG: 89: ERROR: Couldn't retrieve ACHIEVEMENT_DEFPACT
[387198.443] DBG: 90: ERROR: Couldn't retrieve ACHIEVEMENT_RESEARCHPACT

[387198.506] DBG: 108: ERROR: Couldn't retrieve ACHIEVEMENT_SPECIAL_ELEPHANTBATTLE

[387198.506] DBG: 117: ERROR: Couldn't retrieve ACHIEVEMENT_CIVILOPEDIA

[387198.568] DBG: 173: ERROR: Couldn't retrieve ACHIEVEMENT_SCENARIO_05_QING_TAKES_MING

[387198.568] DBG: 177: ERROR: Couldn't retrieve ACHIEVEMENT_SPECIAL_ANCIENT_WONDERS

Have these achievements been disabled or is there something messed up on my PC?

Also none of these achievements show up in my achievements list, not even as still being locked.

They were originally in the game on launch, but the didn't work and were removed, save the last three.

I'm more interested in the three new ones that they removed:

Anyone have any luck unlocking "Taekwon-DOH!"? I purposely tried to lose as Korea, but "Fear the Turtle" unlocked instead.

Thats odd. I will try for that achievement tomorrow. I just lost as Manchu and nothing unlocked so maybe its something with Korea alone.

I tried, deleted all my units, skiped 100 turns, on Diety, and then 100 turns up, China wins. I get the Win As China and Win On Diety, despite the fact I lost.

Hello - been a lurker using the info in this thread for ages. Thanks to all for the help; I had all them all before this DLC.

The same thing happened to me first time I tried your plan: China got around 15k score and Japan 10k = China and Korea win. Hmm.

The problem is victory conditions apply to both China and Korea. If Korea goes 'on strike' then Japan sends all its units into a meat grinder in China and can't take Beijing to win. Then it goes to score and as you get 50 points for each units killed, China wins due to massive defensive advantages. Both Japan and China get 5k each for Seoul/Beijing.

I got the achievement by reloading my Deity Korea win at around turn 40 with my forces outside Busan, then retreating, allowing Japan to recover with its tons of units from Japan. I allow my units to be killed getting Japan points and Japan slowly regains Korea's cities. While Japan's land forces are marching up Korea, all my cities switch to scouts, which go for a swim and are chewed up by Japan's navy. Many thousands of points worth - not great for them.

By the time I was knocked out (around turn 60) China's forces had marched to Korea, so the meatgrinder took place at a point where Japan had the advantage. End result Japan 20k, China 10k, me, my most satisfying loss and the achievement. Thankfully my team-mate is an AI - otherwise he'd be furious. :)

Now if someone can give me a strategy for doing the wonders scenarios at Emperor, Immortal and Deity, I can stop achievement-hunting for a while...

HTH

Hello - been a lurker using the info in this thread for ages. Thanks to all for the help; I had all them all before this DLC.

The same thing happened to me first time I tried your plan: China got around 15k score and Japan 10k = China and Korea win. Hmm.

The problem is victory conditions apply to both China and Korea. If Korea goes 'on strike' then Japan sends all its units into a meat grinder in China and can't take Beijing to win. Then it goes to score and as you get 50 points for each units killed, China wins due to massive defensive advantages. Both Japan and China get 5k each for Seoul/Beijing.

I got the achievement by reloading my Deity Korea win at around turn 40 with my forces outside Busan, then retreating, allowing Japan to recover with its tons of units from Japan. I allow my units to be killed getting Japan points and Japan slowly regains Korea's cities. While Japan's land forces are marching up Korea, all my cities switch to scouts, which go for a swim and are chewed up by Japan's navy. Many thousands of points worth - not great for them.

By the time I was knocked out (around turn 60) China's forces had marched to Korea, so the meatgrinder took place at a point where Japan had the advantage. End result Japan 20k, China 10k, me, my most satisfying loss and the achievement. Thankfully my team-mate is an AI - otherwise he'd be furious. :)

Now if someone can give me a strategy for doing the wonders scenarios at Emperor, Immortal and Deity, I can stop achievement-hunting for a while...

HTH

That makes sense as they are on the same team.

I just got won the Korea scenario as Korea on Deity netting me quite a few achievements. Yay.

I think winning as Manchu has to be he hardest from the looks of it.

HTH

That was the trick. You must have China/Korea below Japan.

Anyone have any luck unlocking "Taekwon-DOH!"? I purposely tried to lose as Korea, but "Fear the Turtle" unlocked instead.

I just did, finally! Followed the suggestion posted by Haphaz to build hundreds of scouts and let the Japanese chew them up & get 50 points a whack.:crazyeye: I had tried before, reloading my winning diety game as Haphaz did, but it didn't work for me, mainly because I was pretty aggressive at the beginning of that game, especially with a good sized navy which intercepted the incoming Japanese, and racked up about 5000 combat points. This was too big a lead for Japan to overcome, although it came close. So this last time (my big win! -- er ... loss!:p) I started from scratch & built almost exclusively scouts. I kept only Pyongyang & the other two northern cities, and was able to turn out 1 scout each per turn. So I imagine I donated over 200 scouts to the Japanese cause -- over 10,000 points worth. When I finally won -- er ... lost -- the Japanese had about 5,000 points to spare.

Korea has been the best scenario so far.

I rank them as follow:
  1. Korea
  2. 1066: Year of Viking Destiny
  3. Completed Wonders of the Ancient World
  4. Conquest of the New World
  5. Rise of the Mongols
  6. Paradise Found

176/176 looking forward to next DLC :)

Wow Robert Smith you are fast at getting all those achievements! I am at 162/176. I just don't have the time to play like I used to and I think some of the Wonder Scenario achievements are going to be hard. Congrats.

Top Bottom