-Tokugawa/Nobunaga: Karate Don Ramón.
-Abbas: Muslim Don Ramón.
-Asoka: Gay Jesus.
-Shahuji: Gay Asoka.
-Krishna Deva Raya: Indian Mario.
-Naresuan: Monkey Face.
-Rameses II: Xerxes from 300.
-Bismarck: Santa Claus.
-Willem van Oranje and Peter I: Captain Hook.
-De Gaulle: French Hitler.
-Hannibal: Hannibal Lecter.
-Saladin: Jafar.

:undecide:

Change Italy's second UHV to "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Acquire a Great Engineer and 3 Great Artists"

I actually once tried to save 4 of these guys and the closest i got was the 3 out of 4 turtles: Leonardo da Vinci, Raphael Urbino, Michelangelo. Couldn't get the last one, Donatello sadly...

Last edited:
Change Italy's second UHV to "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Acquire a Great Engineer and 3 Great Artists"

I actually once tried to save 4 of these guys and the closest i got was the 3 out of 4 turtles: Leonardo da Vince, Raphael Urbino, Michelangelo. Couldn't get the last one, Donatello sadly...

Da Vince? Isn't it Vinci? Vince just makes me think of that tall basketball kid from Recess.

It's Da Vinci. I spelled out wrong.
Da Vince sounds like he was the 20th Leonardo.

(Funnily enough, that's actually my first name.)

Building off of this, it has been suggested that the game be converted in a fully 3D globe before, in this very thread even.

I say we go FURTHER BEYOND and convert the map into a 4D hypercube, with sixteen separate games being played at once on each two-dimensional face!

Oh that was on one of my crybaby threads.

convert the map into TIMECUBE

Do away with tiles. Make it a single tile. Think outside the box, man. No civilizations, no units, just earth and biology. Then just let the game have infinite turns and see where it goes.

Do away with tiles. Make it a single tile. Think outside the box, man. No civilizations, no units, just earth and biology. Then just let the game have infinite turns and see where it goes.
Well I've been recently been thinking of ideas for a civ-like game of my own, and I did have the idea of making the game take place on a grander scale and removing the concept of out of city tiles. Basically cities only work the tile they're built on and by endgame a place like Europe would just be a bunch of City tiles.

Not sure if this idea is dumb, or just really unorthodox...

Well I've been recently been thinking of ideas for a civ-like game of my own, and I did have the idea of making the game take place on a grander scale and removing the concept of out of city tiles. Basically cities only work the tile they're built on and by endgame a place like Europe would just be a bunch of City tiles.

Not sure if this idea is dumb, or just really unorthodox...
Spoiler :
"Welcome to Europe, watch your step"
Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

Spoiler :
"Welcome to Europe, watch your step"
View attachment 489859

It was supposed to bring balance to the world, not leave it in Eurocentralism.

Also I'd remove the city bar. What's the point in having a city bar if every tile is a city? It'd be much cleaner for the bar to only come up if you hover over the tile.

Also, just to nitpick my idea was that there wouldn't be cultural borders at all. Not on the coast not on unclaimed land. Units would take the role of claiming and working tiles.

Very good mockup nevertheless!

Shouldn't Switzerland have cities on the mountains?
Where are the ruins of Doggerland east of England?

It was supposed to bring balance to the world, not leave it in Eurocentralism.

Also I'd remove the city bar. What's the point in having a city bar if every tile is a city? It'd be much cleaner for the bar to only come up if you hover over the tile.

Also, just to nitpick my idea was that there wouldn't be cultural borders at all. Not on the coast not on unclaimed land. Units would take the role of claiming and working tiles.

Very good mockup nevertheless!
Hehe yeah, it wasn't hard to make because the PlatyBuilder now automatically assigns the available dynamic city name when placing the city, so I just had to click on every core and historical tile with each civ. Of course some city names are used for more than one contiguous tiles, so in some places it uses default city names.

It just immediately popped into my head when I read your idea, so I just had to showcase it.

Shouldn't Switzerland have cities on the mountains?
Where are the ruins of Doggerland east of England?
Hmm, I seem to be missing the Switzerland modmod. With the gold vaults, and the ski resorts, and the delicious chocolates!
You mean like an ancient lost civ of Doggerland? That sounds like something out of SCP.

Top Bottom