• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Completing a game up to the last era?

I've been playing RoM-AND 1.75C until now and recently I've been able to finish a game up to the last era (trans-human? or whatever it's called). I've tried to finish a game for a very long time since usually I was getting stuck in the industrial era due to various kind of crash; I suppose most of them where caused by the size of the map (giant or gigantic) and by the number of civs (starting with 25-25 but using Revolution). Now that I play with huge maps starting with 16-17 civs everything is looking fine and no more crashes and I've been able to finish a couple of games. :goodjob:

This happens with RoM-AND; since I'm moving now to C2C, the question is: what about C2C?
I mean, is it possible to play a game up to the galactic era on a similar map (huge, 16-17 starting civs and Revolutions on)? Has someone already done this? What's the biggest map and the max civ number you had reaching the galactic era?

My pc should be strong enough (quadcore 2.66 ghz, 4gb ram, 1gb video, win7 64bit), but I'm getting tired of starting games that I will never complete due to crashes...:(

Not on C2C but since I've just started playing with C2C I'll need some time to reach that era; with AND I've reached Trans-human on a huge map starting with 16-17 civs and Rev on; anything bigger causes crash from the industrial era onward, making it impossible to finish a game; my question is: is it the same with C2C? Has anyone ever finished a game in the galactic era with Rev on? If so, what's the biggest map/number of civ that doesn't cause constant crashes? :)

I've played on a Large/Huge Map to the Galactic Era with Rev on. However, by then, you have to wait, like, 5 minutes in-between turns unless you have a top-of-the-line gaming computer.

There is a fix for crashes, I believe, but I don't know if it's compatible with C2C

I've played on a Large/Huge Map to the Galactic Era with Rev on. However, by then, you have to wait, like, 5 minutes in-between turns unless you have a top-of-the-line gaming computer.

There is a fix for crashes, I believe, but I don't know if it's compatible with C2C

Efforts to improve performance are on-going. Every major release since V13 or so has been a substantial improvement on its predecessor. V16.1 will be 10-15% faster than V16 in late game, and the trend will continue for a while yet. C2C is significantly faster than AND at this point.

Waiting time isn't really a problem as long as the game doesn't crash... or at least as long as the crash allows to continue the game by reloading. Can I ask how many civs you had in your game at the start and during the game? And what about your pc specs? I ask only to understand if my pc is strong enough to handle this game. It's been frustrating enough playing with AND and restarting a lot of games when reaching industrial/modern era due to the game being too huge for my pc to handle so many civs/techs/buildings/units/etc... :(

45°38'N-13°47'E;10858970 said:
Waiting time isn't really a problem as long as the game doesn't crash... or at least as long as the crash allows to continue the game by reloading. Can I ask how many civs you had in your game at the start and during the game? And what about your pc specs? I ask only to understand if my pc is strong enough to handle this game. It's been frustrating enough playing with AND and restarting a lot of games when reaching industrial/modern era due to the game being too huge for my pc to handle so many civs/techs/buildings/units/etc... :(

You should be ok.

Top Bottom