Confirmed? More Bonuses Than the Intro Videos?

TheRaven476

Chieftain
I was watching a Japan video that came up today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S3ZGlvfabk

And the author made a point of running through the Japan bonuses. He said the 2 that were in the intro video, Coastal benefits for combat and compact district benefits.

However, he also mentioned a third one. Holy Sites, Encampments and Theatre districts are built quicker. Seems cool. A good way of demonstrating Japan's significant culture.

So is this confirmation that there were civilization bonuses left our of the intro videos? I would be very happy if that was the case and the civs had more than the 4 listed. (Seemed odd America had 6, but I assumed it was to make up for the fact that they were mostly late game.

Has anyone else watching all the videos picked up on the you-tubers talking about any bonuses we didn't know about yet?

Victoria gets a free unit when she builds a city on a foreign continent.

I was watching a Japan video that came up today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S3ZGlvfabk

And the author made a point of running through the Japan bonuses. He said the 2 that were in the intro video, Coastal benefits for combat and compact district benefits.

However, he also mentioned a third one. Holy Sites, Encampments and Theatre districts are built quicker. Seems cool. A good way of demonstrating Japan's significant culture.

So is this confirmation that there were civilization bonuses left our of the intro videos? I would be very happy if that was the case and the civs had more than the 4 listed. (Seemed odd America had 6, but I assumed it was to make up for the fact that they were mostly late game.

Has anyone else watching all the videos picked up on the you-tubers talking about any bonuses we didn't know about yet?

yes, there are definitely more bonuses than just what we saw in the first look videos.

I'd say those things are added for balance and are the subject of change.

Ayup, it would seem to me that the civilization presentation's videos omitted yet to be balanced UAs / dettails of some civs:

- Brazil: Recieves adjacency bonuses from rainforests
- France: Chateaus also gains +1 gold if next to a luxury resource
- China: Great wall can only be built next to your borders, will generate extra culture if on hills or next to mountains (so you get rewarded for creating chokepoints!)
- Japan: Can build theater, encapment, religious districts faster
- England: Recieves a free melee unit once you fund a city in a new continent
- Aztecs: Luxuries give +1 combat to your units and adds amenities to 2 extra cities (so you will need more luxuries of the same type if you go wide!)

Also, keep in mind - the build is earlier than most "first look" videos. So these bonuses are either already removed or are considered removable.

It would seem to me that they have some uniques with are definitive (say, Japan's district adjacency bonuses) while others are up in the air waiting to be balanced (such as Victoria's free melee unit).

Also, keep in mind - the build is earlier than most "first look" videos. So these bonuses are either already removed or are considered removable.

Other way around. This build is only a month old while most of the first looks predate that. The only one that may come after is Brazil, due to the shifting border colors.

Top Bottom