Conquests Basic Israel Mod

Actually, it doesn't have to replace anything. It could just be a nice free unit. Or, it could replace the modern paratrooper.

Israel special unit is the Merkava field tank, it considered by expert the best in the world.

Its speciality is it ability to move extermly fast, in a lot of terrain type, but its less armored then the M-2.

http://www.tribulation.com/images/merkava.jpg

And your great leader Sharon, wont last a month, for bribery charge. So please remove him from the mode.

Originally posted by TheArchon
Israel special unit is the Merkava field tank, it considered by expert the best in the world.

Its speciality is it ability to move extermly fast, in a lot of terrain type, but its less armored then the M-2.

http://www.tribulation.com/images/merkava.jpg

And your great leader Sharon, wont last a month, for bribery charge. So please remove him from the mode.

So Merkava is not my personal opinion! That's great to hear.
About Sharon - care to read the whole thread, it is not so long. As sonn as he IS gone, he'll be replaced by someone else. And there's not a single post anywhere calling him GREAT. I'm getting tired of this. He's not great, he's just modern.
And as for modern infantry - we could add the unit itself, IMHO, as it has also been made long ago - I think it is only fair having one more foot infantry upgrade along with mech.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30000

@TheArchon: Yes, the Merkavah is the Israeli special field unit, but adding a point of attack, or defense in teh age of tanks is too weak. That being said, a modern tank that is better than anyone else's tanks is overpowering, and we want the game to be fair.

Even with lower defense, increased movement is overpowering. A non-army 4 movement unit, when there are no other 4 movement units is cheap. Also, you unfortunately can't have it treat some terrain as road, otherwise I would do that, as it is a good idea.

Uh.. the Merkava is a Modern Armor, definantly not a Tank which I believe is compared to WW2 standards. Just have it replace the Modern Armor, make it have less defense but more movement or perhaps more attack.

Originally posted by Gogf
@TheArchon: Yes, the Merkavah is the Israeli special field unit, but adding a point of attack, or defense in teh age of tanks is too weak. That being said, a modern tank that is better than anyone else's tanks is overpowering, and we want the game to be fair.

Isn't having UU's about overpowering? Better maneuvreability (or however it is spelled) can be simulated by giving the armor HIGHER defence, as it increases its survivability. So a modern armor with about +2/+4 attack/defence looks fine to me. Taken in %, it isn't out of the line with other UU's.

And another thing, don't forget that a UU that is created so late in the game has less advantage then one created early.

Okay, maybe more defense. But, yes UUs are about overpowering, but being the only non army unit with four movement is way too strong. I'll try to get the new version online soon.

Sharon as a great leader (but not THE leader) is just ok!
He led us to many victories at the battlefield.
Bibi (binyamin netanyau) is a VERY rich dude that takes from the poor and give the rich, and mostly himself... You know the regular strong human being... DON'T ADD HIM! he did nothing good.

Ehud Barak as a miliatery great leader can also be added, he did some good miliatery stuff.

And add Izhak rabin, as a SGL and GL as he was a wariar when we needed wariars and a peacemaker when we needed peace...
I know he was assasinated and all that... :(

Need more people? Scientific leader could be einstain... he was a jew, and almost the first president of Israel... lol

If we don't have sharon as a leader, then we need another leaderhead (I don't want a flag, sorry Spinscrus).

Should we make Moshe Diyan a MGL?

Anyone you decide. But AFAIR, Moshe is a contemporary of Golda Meir or close to - and as such, we could make Meir the modern one (while we have Herzl industrial). Dayan is all military - don't think he fits in as a national leader (but should certainly be in military leaderlist). Anyone else can be there - just give me a pic. As for now, I've made Yitzhak Rabin for a change.

Attachments

• rabin.zip
    31.9 KB · Views: 120
Oh, good idea on Rabin. I tihink I'll use him. BTW, can anyone do a civilopedia entry for the Merkavah 4?

EDIT: Also new stat idea for Merkavah 4: Instead of 24.18.3 (2 more defense than standard Modern Armor), how about 24.16.1 All Terrain As Roads? It will give it a speed advantage, without making it overpowering. What does everyone think?

EDIT II: I downloaded Rabin, and he looks good. Too bad he isn't animated though.

Since i serve in a Merkava battlion(3 bazz not 4), i will give the entry.

Merkava Mark 4

The Merkava 4 is a 65t main battle tank.
The tank is capable of carrying eight infantry soldiers, a Command Group or three litter patients (stretcher casualties) in addition to the tank crew of commander, loader, gunner and driver. The tank is capable of firing on the move at moving targets and has demonstrated high hit probability in firing against attack helicopters using conventional anti-tank munitions.
The tank is armed with a 120mm gun. The gun can fire higher power amunitions including new 120mm high penetration projectiles and guided shells. The loader can select semi-automatically the ammunition type. The tank carries 48 rounds of ammunition each stored in a protective container. An electrically operated revolving magazine contains 10 ready-to-fire rounds.

The tank is fitted with 7.62mm machine guns and an internally operated 60mm mortar system. The mortar can fire explosive and illumination rounds to a range of 2,700m.

The protection suite includes an advanced electromagnetic threat identification and warning system.

The Merkava 4 is powered by a V-12 diesel engine rated at 1,500hp.

The tank is protected against a range of threats, including air launched precision guided missiles and advanced and top attack anti-tank weapons. Automatic fire detection and suppression has been installed. The underside of the hull has been fitted with additional armour protection against mines.

Following the standards of civ3, shouldn't there only be one leader, not one for each era? And that leader should be the leader the civilization had when it was at its greatest, its "Golden Age". So obvioulsy the leader should be David.

Yeah, but their making a Modern israel, not ancient as much as I know...
So Golden age... :hmm: Did we ever had a realy good leader here? I mean one that the country didn't hated...

I guess Menaham Begine, was least hated... But he did made a major mistake(of listening to Sharon), but he took responsibility for it and retierd, he was probably the best modern leader, but you might as well leave Rabin, he is a well known figure that most negative thing about him have vapourated after the assasination.

About Merkava stats, it seems just fine to me, but will it have 3 attacks? I think its a major drawback if it doesn't(like i think), just increase movement point from 3 to 4.

Top Bottom