[C3C] Conquests Scenario Doesn't Appear in Hall of Fame

ThesaurusRex

Archaeologist with a Civ addiction
I just completed the Middle Ages scenario which took me several weeks thereabouts. Right as I won my VP victory, I check the HoF and...nothing. I'd really like to go through the scenarios in order and fill up the Hall of Fame, but I'm not ABOUT to start that mess up again...is there any way to brute-force my save into there? I have no idea how to open a .hof file and it certainly doesn't seem to be a text file.

The problem here is likely that the "Campaign Record" .hof file is (for some reason known only to Firaxis) often (always?) installed as a "Read-Only" file — which means that the game can't write to it! :crazyeye:

You don't need to open the file, just right-click on it and choose "Properties": you should then be able to set it to "Read and Write". Once you've done that, load up the the most recent (auto)save from your game, finish the turn, and your victory should now be recorded.

(If that doesn't work, feel free to come back here and shout at me!) ;)

The problem here is likely that the "Campaign Record" .hof file is (for some reason known only to Firaxis) often (always?) installed as a "Read-Only" file — which means that the game can't write to it! :crazyeye:

You don't need to open the file, just right-click on it and choose "Properties": you should then be able to set it to "Read and Write". Once you've done that, load up the the most recent (auto)save from your game, finish the turn, and your victory should now be recorded.

(If that doesn't work, feel free to come back here and shout at me!) ;)
Well, it's not set to Read-Only and it was working for the first 2 conquest campaigns. I think the problem could be that I didn't load it straight from the Hall of Fame (or "Conquests!" maybe?), but I don't remember that being a problem before.

I also reloaded from an autosave and it still didn't register.

Okay, I think I've figured it out. The Middle Ages scenario I was playing was not the actual Conquests version. I must have clicked the version in Civ-Content instead and went from there.

I got around it by loading up Lanzelot's near-finished save and ending the turn on that.

I was wondering where the Burgundians and the like all were...

The Middle Ages scenario I was playing was not the actual Conquests version. I must have clicked the version in Civ-Content instead and went from there.
Ah, yeah, that'll be it. The version available through Civ-Content (i.e. stored in ..Civ3/Conquests/Scenarios/...) is the trimmed-down multiplayer version of that Conquest.

Top Bottom