1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Creating a new unit

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Penwa, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Penwa

Penwa Warlord

Hi there,

I'm not trying to do anything fancy, just trying to make an ICBM.
    Job done, except. There's no icon on the tech tree.

It appears in the pedia and has an icon; for the moment using the standard nuke.

Any ideas why it isn't appearing?

Thanks.

(also, sorry if this is: in the wrong place or has been asked/resolved before.)

2. Spatzimaus

Spatzimaus Mad Scientist

There can be a few reasons why it doesn't appear. For instance, it could be that the unit isn't being assigned to the tech correctly. So the unit is in the database, but it never unlocks.

The way to tell this is to move the mouse over the space on the tech in question (where the units and buildings would be, under the name). If you get the popup telling you the unit's stats, and there's just no visible icon there, then it's an icon issue, but if you don't get that, then it's not linking the unit correctly.

We'd have to see your code to give more detailed feedback.

3. Penwa

Penwa Warlord

Thanks for the reply.

As soon as you said that it was not linking properly I knew what the problem was.

i never changed the default unit in the UnitClasses XML.

Problem solved within 2 mins of reading your post.

:)