[BNW] Creating unique wonders.

Bangra 7

The Port Of Call
I am currently working on a huge MOD for Civ Fanatics, using three custom nations.

I want to create some custom wonders, to replace wonders such as the Great Lighthouse, and the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

Can I modify those graphics, and still use them in game?

Additionally, I want to create these unique wonders, so that only one civilization can build them.
Is that possible?

Defining a Unique wonder works the same as defining a Unique Building: Through and entry in <Civilization_BuildingClassOverrides>.
I'm gonna quote Lees here from a reply he made earlier this week:
[..]

Building 3d art is a quagmire of limitations in civ5, which is why almost no one has ever bothered.

You can however steal the art_define tag from the Great Mosque of Djenne and just add it to your building within table <Buildings>, though for some of the wonders you get bizarre unanticipated effects from re-using the existing Art define tag in a new building.

Code:
<ArtDefineTag>GREAT MOSQUE DEJENNE</ArtDefineTag>
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/building-artdefines.624401/

What I want to add though is that you could replace the model linked to GREAT_MOSQUE_DEJENNE with another .fxsxml-file, though that would mean that the normal (non-unique) Great Mosque of Djenne would also get these graphics.
I believe I encountered an instance where someone changed the model of the Hagia Sophia the other day (where he changed the amount of minarets on it), but I have no idea in which thread...

Top Bottom