1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Credits

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Dec 30, 2008.

1. xienwolf

xienwolf Chieftain

Ah, then I'd need a description of the image to help you out from there. Don't have Civ installed anymore, and there were choices for your main menu screen, so I can't remember which is the "official" one.

Actually, reading closer, you said loading screen. I don't recall AT ALL what is used there. But frequently it was seZereth's art showing off his models. Buboes was used for a fairly long while. That would be a guy on a rearing horse, and it would look somewhat blocky/3D

2. Copper Golem

Copper Golem Goblin

Thats right! It is 3D model of our good friend Buboes!
    Thanx!

3. xienwolf

xienwolf Chieftain

4. Copper Golem

Copper Golem Goblin

Thank you very match Xienwolf!
    I contacted seZereth and he gave permission to use his magnificent artwork in FFHtR!
    Thax again!

5. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

One thing: Kael has given permission to use Fall frOm Heaven in other games (mainly civ5 but I doubt he'd object to others unless you are profiting from it), but he has asked that the Fall from Heaven name itself not be used on any non-official projects. So you might need to change the name of your mod. ;)

6. Copper Golem

Copper Golem Goblin

Yep! I know, but, as I can understand, he was speaking about civ mods, FFH mod-mods. Understandable precaution, to prevent mod-mods to be messed up with vanilla FFH. :)

But FFHtR is side project, roguelike, made completely from scratch and cant be confused for vanilla FFH, even after 2 liters of whiskey. ;)

7. Valkrionn

I still would not use the Fall from Heaven name, and instead list it in the credits.

Or "ABC: A Fall from Heaven roguelike"

8. Copper Golem

Copper Golem Goblin

Maybe - Rise from Erebus the Roguelike?
    If you don't mind? ;)

9. Valkrionn

10. Athaboros

Athaboros Chieftain

Kael, I don't know if you ever read this thread any more, but I just wanted to let you know that I just got back from a Carlos Núñez concert; I never would have heard of him if it had not been from Fall from Heaven and the great music that you sourced for it. So, thank you!