Crimson (An Action Chat)

CivOasis

Ahuizotl
Erik stared in horror as the object - a roughly sphere-shaped machine, with nasty arm-like blades and a stinger coming out of its blue, gelatinous body - ripped through Pranav's body. As Andrew ducked off to the side, to warn Sarah and Carles of what the machine had done, it raced towards Joe. Amelia raced to Joe's side, ostensibly to save him, when the machine exploded. That piercing noise from before invaded his ears again, and the world turned white...

Welcome to the Crimson AC. To join, please describe your character with:

A first name
An age (must be between 17 and 20, for plot reasons)
A physical description
Their clothing (no armor, extreme sports equipment, etc. aloowed)

Please do not expand beyond this. As your character has gone through a memory wipe, he/she knows nothing else of the world or his/herself, and your RP may have to be redacted.

The only character from the trial run who may be used is Carles (JoanK).
Sign-ups are limited to a combined total of 16 characters (8 male, 8 female, including NPCs). All non-existing NPCs will be added after player sign-ups. If your character dies, you may take a surviving NPC as your new character. You may not create a new character (though new characters may be introduced throughout the game). You are expected to remain in the character of the NPC you take over, though, obviously, character evolution is allowed.

Please note that, if you were a player in Shadows, this game uses different mechanics, which, amongst other things, make it harder for characters to die off.

[In chat, when posting OOC, please use brackets, like this. Please try to avoid posting OOC. I will post the ITF chat link ( www.intothefireiot.chatango.com ), to serve as an OOC chat during the missions. I will respond to questions in private chat.]

*When you want to post your character's actions, please use asterisks, like this.*

^Please use these symbols for your character's thoughts^

This AC will take place on the former Shadows chat ( www.shadowsac.chatango.com )

Now, for rules and mechanics:
Spoiler :

Equipment:
You start the game with no equipment, beyond the clothes on your back. Equipment is not purchased, but, instead, taken from your surroundings/fallen chars, both PC and NPC.

Equipment falls into 1 of 4 regions:

Torso
Back
Head
One Handed
Two Handed

You can only carry 1 per region (or 1 per hand, as seen above).

Additionally, weapons fall into one of the following categories:

Melee
Conventional
Electric
Incendiary/Explosive

All have limited ammo, clip determined by the exact weapon.

Melee weapons do not actually have ammo, though some may have additional electric-or-chemical powered effects that can run out.

Standard weapons use your average bullet. Running out of bullets does not make you lose the weapon. Bullets will frequently be obtainable from fallen enemies or surroundings, and excess bullets may be stored. I will keep track of these, if you ever need to enquire about them.

Electric weapons: Same as above, though with specially designed darts.

Incendiaries and Explosives: Same as conventional and electric weapons, except that running out of ammo DOES make you lose the weapon.

Abilities:
Similarly to equipment, you do not purchase your abilities. Rather, they develope based upon character development, RP, and in-game actions. Prior to the main missions, all PCs will have a short, independent mission, to determine their initial abilit(y/ies).

If you feel lost, don't worry - Rather than following a semi-established plot, this AC is almost completely free-form, with the main goal being to uncover the backstory your characters have forgotten. It is suggested that, for reasons of interpreting backstory, you collaborate notes (via SG, PMs/VMs, or this thread).

Character List:

Abridged List:
Spoiler :

Surviving:

Male:

Erik (NPC)
Carles (JoanK)
Andrew (NPC)
Mitch (Mayor)
Christian (Magnive)
Marcus (SamSniped)
Vadislav (Kinich-Ahau)
Kyle (Red Spy)

Jake (BestRFCPlayer, On Deck)

Female:

Sarah (NPC)
Fiona (Dem Taqat)
Rachel (Omega124)
Chloe (JamesCaesar)
Vanessa (NukeKnockOut)
Shannon (Landlubber)

Deceased:
Male:

Pranav (Kinich-Ahau)
Joe (RedSpy)

Female:

Amelia (NukeKnockOut)

Surviving:
Spoiler :

Erik (NPC)
Physical Description: Average height, muscular build. Appears to be of Scandinavian descent.
Clothing: T-shirt and jeans
Abilities:
Equipment:
Hands:
Head:
Back:
Torso:

Carles (JoanK)
Physical Description: 170cm, blond, brown eyes, white skin, not very strong, average complexion.
Clothing: Dark blue short-sleeved shirt, white trousers and beige avarcas (footwear)
Abilities: Telepathy with an unidentified character.
Equipment:
Hands:
Head:
Back:
Torso:

Andrew (NPC)
Physical Description: Tall, skinny, appears to be of German descent
Clothing: Light-weight shirt and pants.
Abilities:
Equipment:
Hands:
Head:
Back:
Torso:

Sarah(NPC)
Physical Description: Tall, skinny. Appears to be partially, though not entirely, of European (specifically Western) descent.
Clothing: Loose shirt and pants.
Abilities:
Equipment:
Hands:
Head:
Back:
Torso:

Name: Fiona (Dem Taqat)
Description: Height 5'9", Green Eyes, Red Hair, Average build, Looks pretty North European
Clothing: Green Dress
Abilities:
Equipment:
Hands:
Head:
Back:
Torso:

Name: Rachel (Omega124)
Description: 5'5'', Cacuasian, Green Eyes, Brown Hair, Looks Western European-descended
Clothing: A red and white jeresy containing a winged wheel, the number 25, and the name "McCarty"; tight jeans with belt
Abilities: Can run like an Olympic sprinter
Equipment:
Hands: T-27, Splinter Blade
Head:
Back:
Torso:

Name: Christian (Magnive)
Description: A little over average height, blue eyes, looks scandinavian
Clothing: Black T-Shirt and blue jeans
Abilities:
Equipment:
Hands:
Head:
Back:
Torso:

Name: Marcus (SamSniped)
Description: Dark blond hair, dark blue eyes, average height
Clothing: Jeans and a grey Aerosmith t-shirt with white lettering
Abilities:
Equipment:
Hands:
Head:
Back:
Torso:

Name: Mitch (Mayor)
Description: Height 6'8", Dark Brown eyes, Dark blond, Muscular build, Caucasian, Sportive
Clothing: white T-shirt with brown Hooded vest, lose hanging dark blue Jeans, white Sport shoes, black socks
Abilities: Has regained some memories
Equipment:
Hands: Chaahk
Head:
Back: Pack (contains book and laptop)
Torso:

Deceased:
Spoiler :

Pranav (Kinich-Ahau)
Physical Description: Indiandescent, tall, swarthy, with glasses
Clothing: Semi-formal attire
Abilities: Recovered several memories.

Joe (RedSpy)

Amelia (NukeKnockOut)

JoanK, RedSpy, and NukeKnockout, not all of your character's notes were recorded from the trial run. It would be appreciated if you could help fill in the holes for your characters.

In!

Name: Fiona
Description: Height 5'9", Green Eyes, Red Hair, Average build, Looks pretty North European (and just pretty Generally) ;)
Clothing: Green Dress
Abilities: Limited Telepathy (1 person so far)
Equipment:
Hands:
Head:
Back:
Torso:

DT

Name: Rachel
Description: 5'5'', Cacuasian, Green Eyes, Brown Hair, Looks Western European-descended
Clothing: A red and white jeresy containing a winged wheel, the number 25, and the name "McCarty"; tight jeans with belt
Abilities:
Equipment:
Hands:
Head:
Back:
Torso:

YAY, at last :cool:

Name: Carles
Description: 170cm, blond, brown eyes, white skin, not very strong, average complexion, brown-painted metal glasses.
Clothing: Dark blue short-sleeved shirt, white trousers and beige avarcas (footwear)
Abilities: Telepathy
Torso:
Back:
Head:
Hands:

Name: Christian
Description: A little over average height, blue eyes, looks scandinavian
Clothing: Black T-Shirt and blue jeans
Abilities:
Equipment:
Hands:
Head:
Back:
Torso:

The first few intro sentences makes this sound like the book Maze Runner by James Dashner.

Name: Marcus
Description: Dark blond hair, dark blue eyes, average height
Clothing: Jeans and a grey Aerosmith t-shirt with white lettering
Abilities: Chameleon (Can change skin color)
Equipment:
Hands:
Head:
Back:
Torso:

Name: Mitch
Description: Height 6'8", Dark Brown eyes, Dark blond, Muscular build, Caucasian, Sportive, Mitch is awesome
Clothing: white T-shirt with brown Hooded vest, lose hanging dark blue Jeans, white Sport shoes, black socks
Abilities:
Equipment:
Hands:
Head:
Back:
Torso:

The first few intro sentences makes this sound like the book Maze Runner by James Dashner.

Impressively quick.
The AC itself isn't based upon the series, and uses very different plotlines and mechanics, but I came up with the idea while finishing the series.
Generaly speaking, I took very few things from the series, but a few (The machines, memory wipes, and Carles' telepathy) are influenced by parts of it.

Just remember that Crimson's world runs on different rules :p

Name: Vladislav
Description: Medium Height, Stocky, Black Hair, appears to be of Romanian descent & has a slightly starved look to him
Clothing: Traditional Romanian Clothing
Abilities:
Equipment:
Hands:
Head:
Back:
Torso:

Name: Kyle
Description: Very Short and Thin, Brown Hair, Caucasian
Clothing: "Communism, its a party" T-shirt, Parka, Glasses, and Jeans
Abilities: Hacker
Equipment: Flash Drive
Hands:
Head:
Back:
Torso:

Hmmm. I forgot about this, but Carles wears glasses (if that doesn't interfere with CivO's plans), as I try to play myself, and I do.

Name: Chloe
Description: Medium height, dirty blonde hair, glasses, thin
Clothing: T-shirt, Jeans, Sandals, Futurama hoodie
Abilities: Absorbing shock

Name: Vanessa
Description: 152CM, gray eyes, long black hair(which is always perfectly combed)
Clothing: Violet blouse & skirt, moccasins, red lipstick & black nails
Abilities: ?
Torso: Fur coat.
Back: extra coat, extra pieces of leather, sandals.
Head:
Hands: Knife.

-Nukeknockout

I apologize for my absence.
JC, your character is invalid (quota for male characters reached), please change it to a female character.

Well, CivO, I believe that PCs should take priority respect NPCs, and thus you should kill a male NPC. Suggestion FTW :D

I agree with Joan. If we want to play a character, you should be able to change the NPCs to make room for the PC.

Or maybe another male PC wouldnt mind switching to a female?
DT

If another PC would oblige, that would be acceptable. If these were NPCs that came AFTER JC, I would remove them, however, given that they preceded JC, I would rather not kill of characters with established backstories, since it causes more work than necessary, especially that it IS stated in the rules (admittedly, I didn't count for a week, which is a failure on my end, but, still).

That being said, if you absolutely don't want to take a female character, I can let you have the next male NPC to show up in the game, if you don't mind waiting a mission or two.

Top Bottom