Critical ModBuddy crash

There are newly updated MODs in the ingame MOD-Browser..

seem it is working again?

I've just tried the DB connection now and it works for me.

I've just uploaded a mod, and modbuddy has reported that it has gone well.
Unfortunately the mod has vanished in nowhere, because it doesn't result in the online list. The list is stopped to March 24.
Anyone else encountered the same issue?

The problem occured again yesterday night. Logging on to Thalassicus1 or Thalassicus3 now both crash modbuddy. Firaxis refers me to IGN, in December the IGN tech support referred me to his manager, and the manager never contacted me back. I tried contacting IGN again without a response. I now have many outdated mods on the browser I'm unable to update or remove due to broken accounts.

This also means the "downloads" rating is somewhat pointless if we have to regularly create a new username due to old ones breaking, and therefore create a new mod name that resets the downloads to 0. :hammer2:

I would recommend anyone who uses my mods get them from civmodding.wordpress.com since Civ's mod browser has so many problems, like this other one.

Have you told anyone at Firaxis (like Sseckman, for instance) about this problem? Interest has been expressed at reproducing the actual crashes, and thus figuring out exactly what's making the program crash (as any crash of the actual program is definitely a Firaxis problem, I imagine - it's not that an account is locked out, it's that an account is killing the software). Why it would be doing this to your accounts particularly, I don't know. You're fairly prolific... it might be that the total problem needs Firaxis and GameSpy to actually *gasp* work together to fix it.

"Tech Ian" responded to me half a year ago, but only to refer me to IGN, who bumped me up to a manager who didn't respond. This is the thread I started a year ago on the 2k forums about the issue: link

I posted the link to the thread where SSeckman offered to look into things on that official forum thread, but here it is as well - http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?109330-More-problems-with-uploads. I assume that a problematic GameSpy account still shouldn't actually crash modbuddy, so I can see why he'd want to look into it. If the account can't be logged into even aside from the crash, that would obviously be IGN's problem.

There is a MODBuddy crash that occurs when MODBuddy loads.

"Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.UI.Internal' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)"
Help please?

Top Bottom