CTD when I try to load any savegame

niall78

Chieftain
Just downloaded this incredible mod yesterday. Massive kudos to all involved.

I started a single player game and a hotseat game with my mrs. Now any save I try to load either single player or hotseat crashes to desktop with no notifications.

When I click on the save game I want it changes to the loading screen, the initializing loading bar comes up but then I get a CTD every time just as the box on the right hand side of the screen that displays the games settings come up. I get no messages just dumped back to the desktop.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem? Pulled eight hours last night in the hotseat game, amazed at the detail and scope of the mod and we would love to continue where we left off. ;)

Thanks for any replies in advance.

Problem was with zone alarm firewall, I put the firewall on 5 minute snooze and it loaded all saved games fine.

Well, after racking up another four hours and closing the game, the same problem has arisen, it crashes to desktop when you load the saved game, turning off the firewall not working this time, must have been a coincidence that time, any suggestions? :crazyeye:

I have the same problem with loading saves.

There is much higher chance to successfully load a save without the browser being open but probably coincidence too

I am using windows xp and latests SVN

Edit: Yep it was coincidence , i cant load any save game atm and it sucks !

Dont remember so i made a new one on revision 3908

http://www.smallfiles.org/download/2666/MiniDump.dmp.html

I'm afraid it's an error in the runtime of the EXE, not in the C2C DLL. This mot likely means it's a graphical or memory issue. How far through the load does it (seem to) get? (where is the progress bar?). Does it happen with ANY save game? (create a new test game immediately save and load it at 50K BC and see if it loads ok). How large is the save file of the one that is failing (and what map size was it)?

ive just started having the same problem. It started with saying waiting for other civilizations to finnish turn it just like frozed. So i alt and tabbed out and restarted the game now it wont allow me to load the saved game it crashes after it loads what looks like 100% then bandg ctd.
I know it isnt memory problems nor my pc specs as this tower cost 2k£ and i play giant maps on newdawnbeta with no crash ever.
im using the new svn if that matters.
im also only at the start of the game roughly about 60 turns or so in. and its a hugh map just.
After checking more it is only the current game im using it wont load any of the auto saves all other games loaded fine, So i had to load a manual save i did what was like 20 turns or so beforehand and that works fine. Fingers crosed it works from here.

Ok the situation is weird but i have managed to create a workaround

How far through the load does it (seem to) get? (where is the progress bar?).
CTD happens in the same exact moment the original OP posted.

"
When I click on the save game I want it changes to the loading screen, the initializing loading bar comes up but then I get a CTD every time just as the box on the right hand side of the screen that displays the games settings come up. I get no messages just dumped back to the desktop. "

How far through the load does it (seem to) get? (where is the progress bar?). Does it happen with ANY save game? (create a new test game immediately save and load it at 50K BC and see if it loads ok). How large is the save file of the one that is failing (and what map size was it)?

Now i remembered the first time i created the huge map the game got CTD then second attempt was successful.

With loading games i first have to get a crash while creating the game then i can load the save.
To show the situation

Create Game ( get crash,frist attempt ) -> Create Game (successful, second attempt)
Create Game ( get crash,frist attempt ) -> Load Save (load successful, second attempt)
Load Save ( get crash,frist attempt ) -> Load Save (get crash, second attempt) -> Load Save (get crash, third attempt) and so on.

Weird. I have replicated this behavior a couple of times so i guess its no accident this time.

ive just started having the same problem. It started with saying waiting for other civilizations to finnish turn it just like frozed. So i alt and tabbed out and restarted the game now it wont allow me to load the saved game it crashes after it loads what looks like 100% then bandg ctd.
I know it isnt memory problems nor my pc specs as this tower cost 2k£ and i play giant maps on newdawnbeta with no crash ever.
im using the new svn if that matters.
im also only at the start of the game roughly about 60 turns or so in. and its a hugh map just.
After checking more it is only the current game im using it wont load any of the auto saves all other games loaded fine, So i had to load a manual save i did what was like 20 turns or so beforehand and that works fine. Fingers crosed it works from here.

If you have a specific save that crashes every time you try to load it post the savegame please and I'll see if it loads for me.

If you have a specific save that crashes every time you try to load it post the savegame please and I'll see if it loads for me.

I think the update on the svn has solved my problem it is no longer freezing at end turn. And it now alows me to save and reload. Thx for offering help.:goodjob:

Top Bottom