Curse the land - small bug

Quetz

The Tallest Lilliputian
Hey. Really enjoying this new take on FFH. Just thought I'd point out this minor bug with one of the new rituals - from what I have read, declaring peace is supposed to end the effect of Curse the Land. In the game I am playing the Elohim (ai player) had 25 stacks of it on them, so I bribed all the AI civs that were out to get them to make peace with them out of pity. However it seems that the AI doesn't get the benefit of escaping that way - the stacks did not disappear despite no longer being at war with anyone.

I should add that this ritual is quite annoying. I had to lower the cost of Appease Divinity to 75 hammers in my game and might even do 50 because of how annoying it is, especially when multiple civs cast it. I also lowered the cost of the ritual itself, but meh.. I shouldnt have :D

Anyways, thanks for your work on the modmod.

hmm, good point. I have patch M I think, just downloaded it a few days ago. Will double check and make sure I am up to date :)

edit: yep, had M. And I see you put in an option of All Unique Features, yay! That much less work figuring out which are missing and putting em down. Now can you make one to give all AI cities Markets and Elder Councils to save me the trouble of building those? XD

Feel free to delete this or whatever.

Interesting idea... I could possibly add a <FreeBuildings> field to HandicapInfos. Then you could define a custom difficulty level (or modify the existing...) to include free buildings for all AI cities. I would be inclined to set it so the AI still needs to have the proper technology to gain the building for free, though that requires cycling through all cities when a player learns a new tech to see if it should get a new building. Would it work decently well to just allow them all (all the ones listed that is) from turn 1?

In my opinion, yes.

The reasoning for me is that I personally build a market and elder council in every city I have. Markets make a huge difference in early economy. Unfortunately, the AI almost never builds either, at all. So I usually go through and manually add them to their cities, which is a huge pain in the ass... but it definately has a notable impact on the AI's performance.

I'm not sure if anyone else cares/is interested in something like that, but personally I wouldnt mind them being available always, if that would be easier to implement than the city cycle you described. Then again, it wouldn't have to be a huge list of buildings, either.. just the basics like those 2 I mentioned.

Yeah, I was thinking though that someone on Deity might want to allow all AI cities to have an Obsidian Gate or a Weaponsmith or somesuch other things. If you provided anything with GPP accumulation and it was granted on turn 1, that would make things go a bit funny real fast. I think initially it'll be set up as being granted immediately upon city construction, and then we can see if people actually use it or not.

Yay! I will be, at the least XD

Top Bottom