Custom avatars

Simetrical

Chieftain
I'm sure this is a n00b question, but how does one get a custom avatar around here? I looked over a few pages of thread titles here and couldn't see anything about it. Is it a post requirement or something?

IIRC it's 30 days and 30 posts. Unless I'm wrong and it 40 days and 40 nights of rain. But that might be only if you post in the religious threads in OT. ;)

Somebody will be along shortly if the 30 posts above is wrong.

BJ is right - you need to be registered for 30 days and you need to have 30 posts. :)

And if you post a nice thank you, you'll be one post closer to thirty. :mischief:

Maybe this info should be added to the avatar screen. Thunderfall doesn't seem to have any problem with making minor template modifications.
Birdjaguar said:
And if you post a nice thank you, you'll be one post closer to thirty. :mischief:
I think time is going to be more of a bottleneck for me than posts. ;)

Well, it is part of the forum rules, and all users are expected to be familiar with those rules....

I suppose I'd better say it:

Back in the good ol' days, we had to get 300 posts for our custom avvies, which weren't too freakin' huge like the avvies everyone uses today. We worked for our avvies! Everyone was happy with 64x64, heck some didn't even use that much!

I had the same question and agree with simetrical, that it should be posted somewhere on the avatar page, so that new users know this information.

nevs69 said:
I had the same question and agree with simetrical, that it should be posted somewhere on the avatar page, so that new users know this information.
And the answer:

Turner_727 said:
Well, it is part of the forum rules, and all users are expected to be familiar with those rules....

Why is the thirty days, thirty posts rule in place?

So that someone doesn't spam their way up to 30 in one day, get an avatar, and leave.
I was more partial to the 300 rule. At least I know I'm one of the old gang.

Look through the registered users list. More than 75% of them have fewer than thirty posts and most of them probably haven't visited in ages. There's no reason to let those people take up space with custom avatars. If you're here for thirty days, you'll have thirty posts, and if you're not going to be here for thirty days, what's the big deal?

EDIT: Actually, only 8.4% of folks stick around for 30+ posts . . .

nonconformist said:
So that someone doesn't spam their way up to 30 in one day, get an avatar, and leave.
I was more partial to the 300 rule. At least I know I'm one of the old gang.
Back in my day, we had to spam by travelling over to TF's place, and physically nail our posts to the walls.

Truronian said:
Why is the thirty days, thirty posts rule in place?
I thought it was cause it was easyer to remember that you need 30 posts to get a custom title and a custom avatar (so long as youre around a min of 30 days).

The Last Conformist said:
Back in my day, we had to spam by travelling over to TF's place, and physically nail our posts to the walls.
You're confusing your previous incarnation as Martin Luther with your current life as a resident of CFC. ;)

Top Bottom