Cycles of Arete

I see the HOF autolog function registers combat like this:
While attacking in Spanish territory at Santiago, War Elephant defeats (8.00/8): Spanish Archer (Prob Victory: 87.3%)
Will that suffice? I think it does, and it's easy since I'd post the autolog anyway.

Works for me. I haven't seen a problem thus far.

The Constitutions great Cyc, but the representation in the government confuses me because it is so large.

I have representation in the Council of Great People? Is that the same as the Chest of :gp:?

What is the difference between that and the Estates General Representatives?

The Constitutions great Cyc, but the representation in the government confuses me because it is so large.

I have representation in the Council of Great People? Is that the same as the Chest of :gp:?
Yes, you have representation in the Council of Great People (sounds better than the Council of Great Persons). The Chest of :gp: has been re-named to the Council of Great People. Because you were a member of the Pricipality of Kassite, Vandal Warlord was your Rep in the Council. If Vandal's Faction is no more a valid Faction, then you are unaligned with any Faction (meaning unless you join a Faction, you are an independent) and are represented by Lord Civius or dutchfire or both, who represent the unaligned (Independents).
What is the difference between that and the Estates General Representatives?
You are a member of the Council, and heard by the King. But because you are not a member of the Cycles of Arete, if you have concerns or issues for the King to hear and you can't/don't want to post in any of the other threads available, you can post in the Public Square thread. When you post in the Public Square, it is the resposibility of one of your Reps to bring this issue to the King's attention in a Council Meeting. (Council Meetings have now been changed to Reps posting in the Assembly Hall.) You may attend Council Meetings (by reading the Assembly Hall thread), but you can not speak there (you can not post in the Assembly Hall thread - only Reps can). You will/can speak (post) in the Public Square.

Of course if your Faction is still active and valid, you can just post in your Faction thread and demand your Faction's Rep take the issue to the King.

More questions?

The King raps his sceptar on the marble pedestal his throne sits upon. The noblemen and Ladies of the Royal Court hush and look to the King.

"Hear ye! Hear ye! As your new King, I am very happy to anounce that my first action as Monarch of Arete is to name the King's Regent. I am very pleased to have available for this selection, the good Lord Civius. He has done unending work towards the success of our nation with professionalism and stature.

I hereby name Lord Civius as the King's Regent! All privileges and authority granted by the position are now his. Join me in welcoming the new King's Regent - Lord Civius!"

The Royal Audience erupts in applause. The news is carried outside the palace walls and a loud cheer is heard from the streets of Arete.

:king::king::king::king::king::king::king:

"Request granted. Welcome to the Monarchy, Regent..., let's see here... would it be Regent Lord Civius?.... or Regent Civius? Where's Lady Ann when you need her?

Wine for all! A toast to Regent Lord Civius!"

And lots of BEER for our former King!!!

Broast, dutchfire!

I'm sorry, my friend. You are now one of our former Kings. :sad:

This is a serious matter and must go before the Estates General Assembly. The Assembly recognize Cyc as the King but we should give Civplayah the right to plead his case.

lurkers comment: This should be brought up by the Estates General.

I will plead my case. Let's start when my computer crashed. I appointed Cyc as regent, not King. He declared himself King, overthrowing me. This started a dictatorship masquerading as a Constitutional Monarchy. You knew I was coming back, because in the PFE3 thread, I stated that. Cyc broke two core rules:
1. He changed the faction's government by overthrowing me, triggering a dictatorship.
2. He declared himself King without an election, public approval, or rebellion.
As King, I hereby strip Cyc of his :gp: status for treason and felony.

"Gaurds! Arrest that druken man." pointing at civplayah.

:D J/K

The rule that you made, civplayah, was that the Regent takes over for the King in the King's absence. Should the present King be no more, the Regent would become King.

Even before the Cycles of Arete won the Election, you appointed me Regent and split. No notice, no discussion, just - Here! Bye-bye.

In your absence, I have re-started this game in a forward motion. By contacting Thunderfall (after a failed PM to DaveShack) I have given us an RPG sub-forum. By contacting an HOF Mod, I have gotten the save fixed so we are now upgrqaded to v3.17. I enlisted 2 Designated Players that have played two Turn Sessions. Plus I've been active in the RPG threads (Admin and Storyline). I have written our Charter, and our Constitution (although this still needs a little work). I have brought our Military Advisor back into gameplay. I have appointed one of our most valuable citizens as Regent. I have help organize the Estates General Process and gotten it on it's feet. Plus I've been active in the Gameplay threads. I have done everything a King should have been doing while you were off somewhere. You never answered my PM requesting informaion from you. You never sent me any suggestions. You just took off.

Wanna play rough by calling me a dictator? I am in no way a dictator, ask anyone here. Another thing I am not is an absentee King. That's your role.

You have been replaced for non-activity. I am now the new King. And it's good to be King. :king:

2> Their was a public approval by all Estes Generals, representing the people.

I do not remember approving Cyc?

Nevertheless, there is reason in what Cyc states. I want you two to work this out so that we do not end in a rebellion that will surely weaken the DG, see my reply in the other discussion thread.

I am 100% sure that I never said that the regent takes over on the throne. Why would I say that? Quote me if you will. Cyc may make things organized, but you've never seen what I can do as King. And you will never find another person who could do the job as well as I can. So cut me out if you will, but just remember the things I've done for this demogame. Remeber Arete Ball, Dayton's Diaries, or the Faction Honor System? Those were my creations. And remember, Cyc said that I never returned his PM, I did in fact return it- from my friend's laptop- the day he brutally overthrew me. And it's not like I could go over there every day. And my new computer is here now. So there's my whole system of beliefs. Now you can make an informed decision.

P.S. Thanks vra and Diamondeye for staying at least a little loyal to me.:goodjob:

Top Bottom