Votes: 186 84.5%
  • No way!

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Not really sure.

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • What is D&D?

Votes: 18 8.2%

• Total voters
hey i've been hearing about your mod a lot. i think it is a good idea and hope you finish it soon. when do you think it will be released? also can i help beta test pleeeeease.

Steel General said:
Well after reading through this entire thread, I must say that I am very impressed with the time and effort that has gone into it.

Was curious what information you may still be lacking? I'm not overly familiar with Mystara but I would be willing to help out if possible.

Mainly I missing a few graphix, but they are substituted for now. Other than that I'm missing some city lists, but I'm in the process of taking care of that. Nothing else really that anyone can help with. Not really anyway. I'm setting up the links for the civilopedia and trying to fill in all the blanks int he editor.

Actually one thing I could use is a list of great leaders and scientific leaders for each civ. Not very many per civ, something like 1 or 2 science leaders and 3 or 4 leaders. Other than that, I think I have it covered now. Anyone up to it can just post some lists of leaders here onthe forum will do fine. I can copy and paste them right into the editor. Thanks.

As far as a due date, I'm going to have to stop giving those out, because my RL gets in the way sometimes, more than I anticipate and it delays me further. I'm just going to promise to get as much done as fast as possible, without screwing it up, as I can. And have the beta up and ready as soon as possible. Hopefully the only thing the beta will be missing is the graphix I'm waiting on and an descriptionless civilopedia. That is the goal anyway. During the beta I will be upgrading the graphix and filling inthe civilopedia, while adjusting balancing issues that testers point out.

I'm going to post a few previews real quick of the wonder splashes. Well a few of them anyway. There are quite a few.

Previews of the Wonder Splashes:
Top Left: Airships
Top Right: Beholders
Bottom Left: Blue Dragons
Bottom Right: Bronze Golems

Top Left: Dragon Turtles
Top Right: Giant Eagles
Bottom Left: Gnolls
Bottom Right: Gnome Workshop

Top Left: The Golden Khan
Top Right: Green Dragons
Bottom Left: Griffons
Bottom Right: Hydras

2900th post!

Top Left: Avariel
Top Right: Red Steel
Bottom Left: Vampirism
Bottom Right: White Dragons

Just wanted to say, i can't wait untill it is finished, as it looks really good! The airship splash is easily the best. :)

Why thank you guys. The Airship is also one of my favs. My absolute fav is the Valkyries splash, but I'm saving that for the mods release. :drool:

I've been giving dates, but I continue to fail to reach them, so I'm done with deadlines. No promises, just know that there isn't any big pieces left to do except filling in the civilopedia. Just a ton of little things that need to be completed before beta.

tjedge1,

I'm also here in Austin, and I make my living as a word merchant. If you need some help with the civilopedia entries ...

Thanks HooDoo, I'll keep you in mind, I'll be starting the details and text for civilopedia once the beta is ready.

Ah, Austin. Recently, about a week ago, I went there for a student council conference, and we visited all the hicktowns near there. God bless Texas for Mountain, Buddha, and Kyle, the three hicktowns near Austin that include only an old church, a sign that says "Welcome to Kyle, Texas!" and a "Sac-n-Pac", the local replacement for 7-11
But that's off-topic. I wanted tosay that a couple of those splashes would suffice as techs better. Do you want me to change them into techs for you?

No need, thank you though. I've used a few of them for the techs I was missing as well. Graphix are virtually done.

Yes I did raid the AD&D 2nd Edition Monster Manuel. ;). Happen to have it in pdf format. Made things easier.

WordNet Dictionary

Meaning of HICK
Pronunciation: hik

Definition: [n] not very intelligent or interested in culture

okintheking,

I would hope that as a member of your student council, you would have noticed that the hick town is spelled "Buda" not "Buddha". And it is pronounced like BEAU dah (as in beautiful) not Boo dah. Oh, well ... :mischief:

The moral of the story is don't be misspellin' words when you're dissing hicks! ;)

:lol: ok, sorry about that. I, personally, didn't see the sign, my friend did. He prounounced it "Boo-dah", so I assumed that it was spelled "Buddha". Sorry about the misunderstanding, ;)
Anyhoo, this mod seems near completion, and I can't wait for the release.

Top Bottom