Darkness II: The Prophet's Candle

Ya, that was great, I didn't expect alot of that stuff (though, I did expect my victory ^^)

Sorta sucks that the map is on the page after the update, but thats ok, its still great.

Do you think the Kush would like to talk peace?

Do you think the Kush would like to talk peace?

Well, it depends :). You attacked one of an alliance, and if they don't receive any assistance, they'd be willing.

Great update, well worth the wait!

Sorry if these are dumb questions, I am still new at this type of game:

If I want to raise my government level by one from (Tolerable) (0) with one province, the formula says:

[0](1) - 3 = -3

Also, my education level says none (from the template) What would that be on the scale? Hopelessly idiotic (-5)?

Is there a cost to establishing a religious capital or new trade center?

Nice update. You really should stop bashing yourself; you're a good mod.

Kind of ironic hearing you say that. :p

But yes, Dark, well worth the wait. I'm pretty sure Shu was meant to be more to the northwest, though.

EDIT: Also, I presume that the trade-encouraging efforts didn't pay off? Ah well, you can't have everything I suppose.

As everyone has already stated, it is a great update and was definitely worth the wait. Not to rush you, but any ETA on when stats will be updated?

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer"

It must be said that the most ingenious method of control over the various religious cults was devised by King Andhaman, whereas his parents, and their parents before them, had sought to balance the cults, ensure that they were to busy fighting each other for the Kings favour, King Andhaman deceided instead to unite the cults, putting this destructive power to use. Thus the war with Phoenica, cast in a light religious tone, the cults united behind him and went to war, bringing the fury and maliciousness honed through the centuries fighting each other to expand the Kings Domain.

Expand the Kings Domain. Few cults realised that they were effectivly being used, even the minor cult of Archeon; God of the Dark ways and manipulation, did not realise to what extent their actions directly benefited their King.

However; The Cult of Kiria, God of Food, Beauty, and Women, was more shrewd than the rest. And their methods of betrayel soon became apparent to King Andhaman, who was the only other power that was planning for the aftermath of the war. Having succesfully placed many cults in weaker positions, or managing to sub-peon them to his people. His gradual erosion of the cults authority in secular matters was greatly succesfull. However the Cult of Kiria directly opposed him. When one acts in a vaccum of power, and then a new element is introduced, its is immediatly recognisable.

Thus the King had to take a step back from his current manipulations, occupied as he was by the war, and he was forced to make a move against the Cult of Kiria. This lapse of attention to his prior manipulations would have unforseen event unfold long into the future [1]. But for now, bringing about the downfall of the Cult of Kiria was paramount.

The Kings first moves was to discriminate those cults that had proven their worth the most, and gave them inane rewards for their efforts. This spurred them ever onward, but few did not notice the lacklustre efforts of the Cult of Kiria. Gradually he cornered them politically, being seen with the Cult was referred to as a quiet death, you were ostrasized from the political spheres of infulence.

The Cults response was at best, a desperate gamble. They helped the local branch of the Merchant guild to break away from the Sadythian Empire. Providing information and some measure of political infrastructure.

This infuriated King Andhaman. Who immediatly declared, and received the support of the other cults, that the cult of Kiria was hereby disbanded. The Cults God's responsabilities were doled out to the other cults[2], and the Cults assets were seized for the crown. Using these assets he created a new army to capture the Merchants guild to the south.

[1] I plan to move the religion to monotheism at some point, you might be able to guess the infulences.
[2] Basically the God was determined to be merely an aspect of the other gods, and hence fell under that Cults authority.

To Merchants Guild
From King Andhaman

We hope you do not endorse this rebellion, if you come out against this act, We give our oath not to persecute the guild or retaliate against this act. We beleive that if the rest of the Merchants guild realises the folly that rebellion, which can only provoke further war and loss of profits, and with your support we can settle the matter to the south peacefully.

OOC: Also Iggy, can you PM me if your intrested in a little task I'm thinking of?

Arikara Migration/ Slavic Sioux
Staring Location: Around what is now western coastal areas of Oregon and Washington
Government (Efficiency): Despot (Corrupt)
Army (Quality)/ Navy (Quality): 5000 Infantry, 400 Cavalry, 3000 peasants.
Religion: Polytheism
Economy: 0/0/2/2
Population: 25,000
Education: None
Projects: None
Nation Background: The Arikara are moving from the black circled area in the Washington/Oregon areas. Their destination is the area of St.Louis (I think not sure) with the approximate land area (it's not exact and needs to be modified by the mod if it's necessary that is) colored in a pinkish color.

Edit: Will put in more if approved of. If not approved I will chose something else to play as instead.

Attachments

• d3xx6.png
    d3xx6.png
    236.4 KB · Views: 95
Also, I presume that the trade-encouraging efforts didn't pay off? Ah well, you can't have everything I suppose.

Jeez, you'd think you weren't happy with the three new points :mischief:. Anyways, at the moment you've gotten Huanjing. The one thing I don''t see people recognizing is the time factor. Just because you order something one turn doesn't mean that it happens :}.

[Sorry if these are dumb questions, I am still new at this type of game:

If I want to raise my government level by one from (Tolerable) (0) with one province, the formula says:

[0](1) - 3 = -3

Also, my education level says none (from the template) What would that be on the scale? Hopelessly idiotic (-5)?
/QUOTE]

First, I have to redo the rules. For some reason I didn't get those scenarios, through several were pointed out to me :). As for now, it'll take one point to move to another level. Your education level is at none (-6) because nothing has been put into it. When you invest a point, it'll become Hopelessly Idiotic (-5).

Phoenica, Israel, Minoa and?

Technically, you're only at war with the three. Depending on whether the alliance stands, you'd be at war with more.

Not to rush you, but any ETA on when stats will be updated?

PC stats will most likely be up by tonight, and NPC stats and fluff will be done by tomorrow. I have the fluff done, its just that I have to organize and paste it :}.

The one thing I don''t see people recognizing is the time factor.

The update covered 250 years. Surely that was time enough for some merchants to hit upon the assorted wonderful opportunities. ;)

But ah well, I am actually quite satisfied with what I have. Just decided it wouldn't hurt to nitpick some more about that.

A purple and red cloaked figure entered the Palace of Sithis. A few brief words were exchanged with a guard, and the man passed by.

He entered the trone room with a bow then advanced up to the man upon the throne. Once again, he bowed respectfully.

"Our presence was requested, O Lord Andhaman. Firstly, I, Karav of the House Ethis, representative of the guild, would like to offer further explanation for the rebellion in the southlands. I can assure you that the current ruling houses are not responsible. The rogue House of Isin, the main traders of Arabia and the East, embraced the Kirians and attempted to create a state of their own- a terrible idea, of course, the only purpose was to satiate the desire for rule over land. The Merchant Guild- or most of it- is built into trade networks, and finance- not in the earth.

Thus, the Houses have authorized me to inform you that we will be sending our own mercenaries- alongside the Sadythi army if you should so wish. Now- what is it that you requested our presence for?"

Great update!

Kanzu continues to grow in isolation, this time from a self imposed one. After making rude gestures at every envoy that has taken it upon their self to visit the small nation, the general idea is taken and no one else bothers the small people.

Thats cool :D Hmm im not sure i wanted my leaders to litteraly make rude gestures tho :lol: no offence to all you big powerful empires :p

TO ISREAL
FROM EGYPT

We understand that Isreal and Kush are currently in an alliance. However, we also understand the Isreal is preoccupied by a more direct threat for the time being.

If Isreal will agree to remain nuetral in the Egyptian-Kush War then Egypt will be willing to sign a (5 turn) Non-Aggression Pact assuring that Egypt will not attack Isreal.

We would also like to remind you that if you do not agree to this, then you risk fighting a war on two fronts, and that wont be a very pretty thing.

OOC: Uninspired "story", I know, but Huan Bu need not go completely unmentioned.

EDIT: So... Stats?

IC:

The foundations of the Empire are manifold; treaties, laws, settlements, garrisons, the Army, the Dynasty, the taxation, the trade - all of those are important under Heaven, but without Heaven's permission and favour nothing but misfortune would come out of best beginnings and all the foundations would shake or rot. Huan Je founded the Empire with force and diplomacy; Huan Gong secured it with laws, settlements and garrisons, and ensured the prosperity of both the Army and the Dynasty, and fortutiously concluded a blood alliance with Zhou - such an alliance was holy to Heaven, and so both Zhou and Huan prospered from it. But this was not yet enough.

Emperor Huan Gong's son Huan Bu was wise, and from the birth in Heaven's favour; therefore he too took a great interest in the Heavenly Matters, and practiced divination. Even as he came to power, he focused on gathering knowledge - he spoke with sages and dragons, and studied ancient Classics, and perfected oracle bone divination, learning much of the future near and distant; his mystic prophecies remain renowned, referenced and consulted, but they are not the main fruit of his labour - rather, a mere side-effect, and a diversion. He established a great and eternal alliance with Heaven in a sacred and secret ritual, and dedicated the Huan Empire to Tiancho, the Worship of Heaven, in public. With Heaven's favour forever assured and reliable, he needed only to keep the Huan Dynasty and Empire forever true to this alliance as well, even after many generations have passed and he himself had faded to venerated but distant memory.

And that the purpose of our order; we are as secret as the alliance itself, but we are also as powerful, and fully supported by Heaven, as we are its servants on Earth. Though our abilities are manifold, our means in the defense of the Dynasty's and the Empire's purity are such as dictated by Heaven, and so change as the world changes, while we remain the same as the world remains the same. Rest assured - we shall always be there.

When are the stats going to be updated? When are orders due? (I was waiting to see my official stats before writing up my orders)

Top Bottom