Dating Pulse: Distance for love

How far will you go for love

• Total voters

GenMarshall

High Elven ISB Capt & Ghost Agent
Night Haven, Vekta, United Systems of Korpulu
In continuation with the Dating Pulse series, I have decided to make a new one that relates on how far you are willing to go to meet your date. I know some people are capable of a Long Distance Relationship while others would rather date within there area.

Physical distance doesn't matter. How easily can I see her?

I think the answer depends a lot on how long the couple is apart, and how long they expect to be together afterwards.

Being hundreds of miles apart wouldn't do for a permanent fixture, but it would be tollerable short-term inconvenience.

Edit: Maybe I didn't understand the question :confused:

Although it's very romantic to say you' ll cross mountains and oceans for her, practically I'd probably stop the relation if the distance was too long and we wouldn't see eachother much.

I picked 0-70 mi, Since that is what I think how far Boston and New York would be.

Right now I'm in DC and my girlfriend is in New York. That's about 230 miles (370 km). However it is pretty easily traversed by car, bus or train since it is so urbanized. She's in grad school, so she's there for 2 years at least. It's up for me to move if I want to be closer.

It looks like we all misintrepreted how we were supposed to vote in CG's poll. Next time, include an instruction manual ;)

Pirate said:
Right now I'm in DC and my girlfriend is in New York. That's about 230 miles (370 km). However it is pretty easily traversed by car, bus or train since it is so urbanized. She's in grad school, so she's there for 2 years at least. It's up for me to move if I want to be closer.
So I take it you take the Amtrak Acela Express from D.C. to NYC ;)

To me, an LDR makes sense only as a *very* temporary
measure (i.e. the two of you can't move at the same time), and
only in the context of an existing relationship. LDR as an onging
thing is pointless.

When I first met my significant other we lived 200 miles apart. I in Salt Lake City and he in Idaho Falls. Every weekend either I would visit him or he would visit me. It went on that way for 3 months then I moved up to Idaho Falls where I have lived with him since.

Attachments

• Drive.gif
    Drive.gif
    10.5 KB · Views: 128
If I love a girl enough I will stay with her no matter the distance. I guess I could make a formula for that... But judging by my profession I most likely will have to leave a loved one, or I won't have the time for a loved one.

The distance I would travel to meet my date is directly proportional to the hotness of said date.

Depends on what kind of transportation I have. Right now, I don't have a car, so "down the street" is about as far as I'd go...

Less than two miles, I don't have a car.

CivGeneral said:
So I take it you take the Amtrak Acela Express from D.C. to NYC ;)

Heh, we wish we were made of money. Luckily I have a car. She takes the Chinatown Bus. Now that's love.

Since my only chance of love is with a radioactive monkey, I unfortunately had to chose that choice. :(

After dating for 3 years living 1000 miles apart, I decided to move 2 years ago. That has made life a bit easier :)

andrewgprv said:
When I first met my significant other we lived 200 miles apart. I in Salt Lake City and he in Idaho Falls. Every weekend either I would visit him or he would visit me. It went on that way for 3 months then I moved up to Idaho Falls where I have lived with him since.

Yellow Stone Park is a huge volcanoe I understand...after reading that book by Bill Bryson...A History of Nearly Everything.

I wouldn't stay near there for love or money!

Anyhow...I have to travel 130 miles for sex every weekend...and no highway!

She'd want to be worth it, I hear some people saying!

Indeed, at times.

I've had relationships springing from meeting online that spanned up to about 5000 miles (Hawaii-Florida). I would go pretty much any distance at all for the first date, but I wouldn't continue the relationship unless it was clear that we'd be living together within a year or so.

At the moment the Girl that i like is half way around the world, so I think this would be the fartherest distance of anyone. She is studying in America and I am stuck in Australia. But when she finishes she will be about 10 to 30 kilometres away, so it isn't that bad.

Top Bottom