Deity Always War OCC

Heh have fun playing ABigCIvFan. I played the heck out of this scenario, but I finally think I have reached the fastest victory possible with the 1580 AD win.

Anyway here are some of the crazy technology checkpoints from that game. If anyone can beat those dates I´d be really interested:

1)Civil Service from Oracle in 2075 BC.

2)Philosophy in 1300 BC.

3)Biology from Liberalism in 305 BC.

3) Ability to build Tanks (combustion + industrialism) in 1190 AD

4) Ability to build Mech Infantry (Robotics) in 1440 AD

5) First city razed in 1455 AD

6) Conquest complete (63 cities razed) in 1575 AD (24 turns since starting the conquest)

that is just insane!:goodjob: what was your tech path? That's where I'm having problems
Cripp

that is just insane!:goodjob: what was your tech path? That's where I'm having problems
Cripp

Turin, I second cripp7's request for more info (or at least a few hints ;) ).

For example:
- did you use any golden ages (perhaps the GArtist from music)?
- did you bulb any techs, or settle all your GP?

One thing I found is that if you pop the 4th hut (4 squares due west of the capital) on turn 56 you will pop math. :crazyeye:

Somehow I never get enough samurai built before the UN is completed. I rush my 4 GG's there (commando is great :lol: ) but don't have enough units for a quick conquest (and the Incas built it in their capital instead of Macu Pichu, so it took a lot of turns to take the city with the 4 supermen).

Also, re: commando, the CivIV Fanatics Center guide on promotions says that commando is available to artillery, but it never shows up as a promotion after getting combat 4. Does anyone know if this changed for BTS perhaps?

@Turin - I see you answered my bulbing/GA questions earlier. The earliest I've been able to get bio is 190 AD, but I'll try to refine my strat using bulbing/GA and eliminating unnecessary techs.

The 4th hut s/b popped on turn 35 (not 36 as I posted above). I've gotten either math, aesthetics, or MC :crazyeye: from this one.

I use the GSpy from communism to scout the entire map before conquest, and also as an invulnerable scout ahead of my stacks. :lol:

It´s been a while since I last played it, but I think the techpath after CS was metal casting --> meditation --> literature line (chop GL and NE here asap) --> music (Use the GA from the artist as late as possible when you need to switch civics for the happy cap) --> philosophy -->paper --> doublebulb education or self research if you didn´t get two scientists --> machinery --> alphabet --> printing press (bulb with GS if possible) --> chemistry line (chem is bulbable) --> Biology slingshot (sci meth is bulbable).

Once you have biology you have the most important techs for OCC, so you shouldn´t bulb GPs anymore until you get close to robotics (~less than 70 turns of research left).

Remaining tech path was steam power for the +21 hammer levee --> nationalism for the taj mahal (maximum efficiency from GA) then railroad to train new generals safely --> astronomy line for the observatory --> assembly line for the factory and plant --> industrialism for tanks --> straight beeline to robotics.

After Robotics you need to research Mil Science for Commando and theology for theocracy. Fascism for the GG is also helpful, all other techs are not needed, so shut off research afterwards.

Inbetween you want to steal drama from shaka to build the globe to help with emancipation unhappiness.

The National wonders I built in order of appearance:
National Epic --> Oxford --> National Park --> Heroic Epic --> Globe Theatre

I used two GGs to create superunits then settled the next 8 ones, so I could get 21 xp (for commando) with theocracy.

I only built the really useful ancient world wonders, the only modern wonder I built was Christo redentor (Chop the remaining forests for that one) .

very, very funny thread =)

"Even my warlords are at risk. I'm very careful with their moves to avoid stopping them alone on the plains where they can be gang attacked and possibly overwhelmed. I occasionally mess up and do that with the commando units, and typically they vanish immediately, but never with the precious warlords. I will throw my warlords at the toughest city defenders, but they are so strong the odds are usually 99%+. In 1830, Vercingetorix attacks one of Toku's infantry with 97.6% odds and loses (fair enough given the number of attacks made by my warlords) but the 80% withdrawal rate kicks in and he survives. I make sure to guard him with multiple units to let him heal up."

I thought you lost that warlord for a second =)

This scenario was a great idea.
I've play a game with no great variations on the map, but it was harder than yours and i finished in the late 1800s.
Then i modified the map to have all the calendar resources while deleting some FP, and pacing 3 gold mines in the FP.
Anyway, after the AI reached MT, my GG-driven defenders was not enough: i couldn't count exactly, but i has over 100 mixed invaders at my doorstep, so i needed to build some musket to reinforce the choke.
Not a problem after rifling was in, of course.
I used Liberalism for AL, since i didn't need the health from NP so badly, thanks to the calendar resources and the grocer.
The only detour from the Robotics path was Democracy, to build SoL in 5 turns.
Then i splitted my army for West and East, and i made good use of the commando+mobility warlords, razing no less than 6 lightly defended inner cities with them only while moving the actual army to the next target.
Hammurabi and GK was the most difficult to beat, and GK kept sending troops to Kyoto until his end.
Finally the 2 armies, joined by the fresh modern armors started with the last target, Monty.
Victory in 1770.

very, very funny thread =)

"Even my warlords are at risk. I'm very careful with their moves to avoid stopping them alone on the plains where they can be gang attacked and possibly overwhelmed. I occasionally mess up and do that with the commando units, and typically they vanish immediately, but never with the precious warlords. I will throw my warlords at the toughest city defenders, but they are so strong the odds are usually 99%+. In 1830, Vercingetorix attacks one of Toku's infantry with 97.6% odds and loses (fair enough given the number of attacks made by my warlords) but the 80% withdrawal rate kicks in and he survives. I make sure to guard him with multiple units to let him heal up."

I thought you lost that warlord for a second =)

i'm aware this is a very old thread but i wanetd to ask a question. first i shall write some comments.

well. it took my hours to read the thread from the beginning to the end. it was great fun really. so i didn't do anything at work today :) all day in my room.
i red virusmonster's +500K game thread. it was also amazing.

i think the keypoint of this OCC deity game is having 1 tile to defend and having early and huge promotions with warlords. the rest is typical wonder spamming economy as hybrid with cottage spamming.

1 question: you didn't mention it anywhere. byou said after you stopped researching, your sldier was 100% espionage. good idea. it was 100%espionage until happiness problems with drafting began to occur so you moved culture rate up and up every turn. it seems so.
SO how did you spend those huge espionage points. ok they would not be so huge as you transformed all cottages to watermills but still there shoudl be a large amount of points.
i assume you spent some of them for counter espionage and i assume in OCC youe points will be less when compared to AI'S points. were those points enough for you to SUPPORT CITY REVOLT? as it seems this game is played with an old patch. so in BTS3.17 support city revolt is more expensive but in your game it should not be.

1 question: you didn't mention it anywhere. byou said after you stopped researching, your sldier was 100% espionage. good idea. it was 100%espionage until happiness problems with drafting began to occur so you moved culture rate up and up every turn. it seems so.
SO how did you spend those huge espionage points. ok they would not be so huge as you transformed all cottages to watermills but still there shoudl be a large amount of points.
i assume you spent some of them for counter espionage and i assume in OCC youe points will be less when compared to AI'S points. were those points enough for you to SUPPORT CITY REVOLT? as it seems this game is played with an old patch. so in BTS3.17 support city revolt is more expensive but in your game it should not be.

I never spent any espionage points. That would require building spies which was not as desirable as building mech infantry (1 turn for either). The EPs were to raise the AIs' cost of doing espionage to me and to possibly earn passive benefits. I didn't want beakers and had more gold than I could ever use, so espionage was the only thing I could get any real value from. That was also why I didn't mind over-drafting. It was effectively costless to raise the cultural slider as needed.

I play vanilla and was wondering, is the 5 national projects a bts thing or a occ thing? Because you can only get 2 a city in the vanilla games I play...

Also when did overflow from units become gold? Maybe I never noticed it before, or it's a bts change?

Can someone show me a pic of the map so that I can recreate it on my computer(I can't open the save 'cause I don't have Beyond the Sword, but either way, I am a mac user)? Specifically the capital for the resources...

Can someone show me a pic of the map so that I can recreate it on my computer(I can't open the save 'cause I don't have Beyond the Sword, but either way, I am a mac user)? Specifically the capital for the resources...

here ya go

Spoiler :

just look at the mini-map for full

Thanks!

Couldn't you just go through the left of the map to enter the other side (like pac man)?

Forget it, I figured that it was a flat map, therefore you couldn't go around the world.

i've never understood the meaning behind being a mac user.

it is clear that you will have problem with many softwares.
even being unable to install BTS 3.17 is enough for not having mac :D

if you still need a mac, then why not buy a new pc?

We call these games survival when we play them for FfH2. Usually played in multiplayer with the last survivor being the winner. Settings for this on multiplayer is usually to have the AIs be #players+1 in a team with one of the leaders being barbarian (makes them at peace with the barbarians).

i've never understood the meaning behind being a mac user.

it is clear that you will have problem with many softwares.
even being unable to install BTS 3.17 is enough for not having mac :D

if you still need a mac, then why not buy a new pc?

I've had no problems with my Civ 4. I do want Beyond the Sword but I don't need need it. I find macs much more appealing and even if I wanted a pc, I can incorporate it into my mac laptop using Bootcamp (which I got free from Leopard, I only need the windows software).

Top Bottom