Deity Pacal II

yyeah

Emperor
Strong leader, i think this will be preety hard map but start looks interesting so want to shere it with you, if someone wants to try it.

Map type : Continents
Low sea lvl
8 Ais
Huts and Events OFF

Start:
Spoiler :

Buffy 3.19

Attachments

• AutoSave_Initial_BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    61.7 KB · Views: 37
Iam at 1080BC.

Spoiler :

6 cities, 3 workers i belive lost 1 to barb archer togather with Holkan :cry:.

Cap.
I was whiping hard here so need to recover a bit.
Decided to settle 3N on Elephatns, good spot and start, worker in 10 turns same like Agc.

tech tree.
My tech path was Agc-Hunting-AH-BW-Wheel-Potery-Writing
I think i should reserch BW befor AH to avoid idle worker turns but i was hopeing for horses somewhere near unfortunatly did found it.

Now i go HBR becouse its great trade bait and with this crowd i dont think iam safe haveing WE's willhelp a lot its allso open option to go for some1 maybe Cyrus bribe Khan with me ... i dont know yet. Maybe bulb math and Construcion or maybe i just wait for Academy and then start reserching things.
Iam not covinced about Lib, no Marble ... just discovered horses and i dont think i will manage to settle it. And i have very strong 6 cities pullout decent WE's rush shouldnt be too hard unfortunatly Cyrus and Mongolia allso have WE's.
Another option is allso bulb Engi... any thoughts ?

400BC

Spoiler :

Iam starting to like this map :D.
Mongolia DoW Cyrus. As i suspected this guy cant live in peace too long.
Another good thing is nobody here found religion witch meens all other guys probably are in diferent rel. (i hope).

Cap.

tech race

I decided to wait until GS will born then start reserching HBR after i bulid Academy, that was v good choice becosue Cyrus ends Alpha 1 or 2 turns after GS was born. SO hbr for Alpha was in time. Treaded around then Curancy.
I got another GS in 18 and its tempting to bulb Philo becouse we lacking religion, but i dont think i will be 1st in it so no.
Iam going Aste becosue i will bulb Engi, Aste->MC->Machinery,
Skiped fishing i got only 1 fish resource so this wont hurt me at all. Allso i have only 1 Clendar res.
Want to do this becouse last time i didnt have too much success with Engi so need practice here and i just dont want to sit back.

1AD

Spoiler :

Allright 1 AD Engi :D thats promising.
Like i though Mao discovered Philo so i wouldnt be first there anyway.
Manage to bulid SoZ allso but this is for faild gold still nobody bulid it, and iam thinking should i finish it or not, becouse Cyrus will get it i supose and hes my target tahts though.

Cap.

tech race.

I changed my plan a bit, and after Aste i went for Lit (bulid HE just chop it since i dont have marble) and then decided to try for Music get it. I was preety sure that some1 will reserch MC but didnt knew will they trade it. Luckly i get it for Curancy and Aste from Cyrus.

So lets see how much dmg i can make with Trebs, X-bows and WE's :devil:.
Hopeing that i can take out Persia and Mongolia its 1AD i have about 1000 yers to do this :D.

Going CS then Optics i supose.

I will take out Kublai first. He's a backstabber and Cyrus is pleased already, so you should be safe from him.

Problem is that Cyrus is biggest here and i dont know will i be able to catch him in tech later.
Allso he got juicy land, Kublai's land is bad lots of tundra.
Another thing what i want to do is to bribe Mongolia with me.

From the opening screenshot I'd have definitely settled where the warrior is instead of killing the 3C ivory camp. Unless I'm mistaken there's no way to reveal the pigs on the first turn.

Definitely agree with your choice of first target. The war will be late enough for all that sweet jungle to be improved, but early enough that he hasn't been working the tiles long enough to be pulling away in tech. Just right.

From the opening screenshot I'd have definitely settled where the warrior is instead of killing the 3C ivory camp. Unless I'm mistaken there's no way to reveal the pigs on the first turn.

Well, I think that was his first plan. Turn 0: warrior NE, move settler to fph. Turn 1: warrior NE, spot pigs, settle 1NE.

Definitely agree with your choice of first target. The war will be late enough for all that sweet jungle to be improved, but early enough that he hasn't been working the tiles long enough to be pulling away in tech. Just right.

Yea from opening position better to settle this plains hills, to be honest i just realize that :D.

Well, I think that was his first plan. Turn 0: warrior NE, move settler to fph. Turn 1: warrior NE, spot pigs, settle 1NE.

My plan was to settle Ivory from begining that would be a mistake if not that Pigs, reson is, i was playing this IMM Shaka game where i settle Ivory.
And just befor this 1 i had Pacal map where i settle Ivory too, i had only 1 neighbor witch with 8 ais its kind of like again isolated start os didnt continue it.
So i think my mindset was like :borg:, settle Ivory :eekdance:.

Moved warrior NE->NE.

@ yyeah :

I haven't looked at all the spoilers but have seen your position after the initial settling.
Spoiler :
I think you could have blocked Cyrus from the north, along the Mutal-Lakamha-Tarsus line. I'd almost say : Tarsus should be yours.

Without looking too much, you seem to be in a good spot, in control,
But the map might have felt easier on you if you'd reached the west coast.

@BornInCantaloup

Spoiler :

I had to block Mongolia from South too so i had to choose or this Pig spot SW or block Persia there i decided that i more like this Pig spot after this i just couldnt settle there.

Iam at 1080AD, short report.

Spoiler :

Initial stacks.
He had tones of guys, that was nightmare.

And bigest problem China was ploting for some time, i beg gold from him after he razes hes fist, checked diplo he was cautious with Cyrus and had long border with him so i though hes going for him too.
But after i DoW on Persia and get back to cautious with me too and hes monster stack shown up right on my border :eek:. Thougt thats gameover, only thing what i could do is sw in Taosim.
Luckly he stoped plotting after few turns.

Couple of turns after i manage to deal with 1st Cyrus stack he sown up with another 1... :eek:.
This deity ais...

Now iam here.

tech race.
Decided to beline Astro sine i assumed that some1 will get CS soon and i though that i can get more :science: overall via trades then from bureau.
Then i went for PP, now i think i go Rifling and Cannons.

Allso i finish that SoZ that was good decision i i would have to face SoZ in such a long war iam preety sure that i culd have real :mad: problems allrdy i have -8. That was good decision and i get my Corn back here witch was allso reason to do it.

new cities

Didnt cap him yet i want to get this 2 North cities too, after him iam going for Mongolia then i need some havy stuff for China hes huge.

^ Yes, maybe this is a good reason.
Just a gutshot comment up there :) I agree settling decisions may vary depending on many circumstances. Early settlers, well... there are timings and sacrifices. One can't have it all.
Sacrificing too much just to reach the west coast would be bad indeed.

^ Yes, maybe this is a good reason.

Just a gutshot comment up there :) I agree settling decisions may vary depending on many circumstances. Early settlers, well... there are timings and sacrifices. One can't have it all.

Blocking Mongolia off will get a DOW from Kublai though.

Eh lost it.
Cyrus vassaled to China, i bribed Mongolia in but China is just too strong. Manage to take out few more ciites but thats all.
I dont know my Engi rushesh sux, had good Engi date, attack could be faster maybe i didnt manage to pull this out becouse he got WE's too i dont know, i think that this kind of maps on diety just force to Lib and MT rush ...

If some1 playing it would love to see some ss or write up...

Okay, I'm starting to get a feel for this map :mischief:
- game 1 : lose two warriors to barbs in the jungle, eventually overrun, gg barbs, you win again.
- game 2 : 1720 BC DOW from Mongolia is crippling enough that I quit the game around 1200 BC. Didn't lose cities but couldn't develop and remained stuck at 4 cities.
- game 3 : ??? Suspense :lol:

@ :
BornInCantaloup said:
I'd almost say : Tarsus should be yours.
I now see how this was very wrong. This is most certainly Persian lands.

Well played, yyeah, I'm not sure how exactly you slipped against China but your game looks good up until 1000 AD :goodjob:

Well, i wipe out that Mao's stack what you can see on ss, add to this couple of knights and trebs,
allmoust took out Persians from continent, and then Mao show up wiht another stack he wipe out Mongolian stack of Grenadiers and half of mine i just didnt had enough :) to push forward even that i had 1st Rifling and in couple of turns Cannons.
I just could took peace but i dont think i could win map without taking control of my continent at 1200AD.

I played around with this yesterday while drinking a few too many beers, so even though I know much about this map, I'm going to replay from the beginning. In my yesterday's game I was in quite a nice position, though. 300+ beakers at 1AD -> Optics (met other AIs) -> ~700AD cannons. Brain stopped recording after I attacked Mongolia, so I don't remember what happened after.

. 300+ beakers at 1AD -> Optics (met other AIs) -> ~700AD cannons.

300 BPT is impressive when i looked on my ss i was like 240 without CS ,i just didnt go for econmic techs wanted to have some fun and practice with Engi well... much better play here is go for Lib.

I think i will try to finish this map i just take peace and we will c what happends, not too many maps are posted so lets try it. Allthough i think that i wont be able to win ;p.

Top Bottom