Deity University - Lincoln

Round V (turns 200-End) is now officially open!

• You may now openly talk about Round I,II,III&IV (turns 0-50;50-100;100-150;150-200) but anything from Round V should be spoilered! (not that it will change much now but...)
  • Round I,II,III&IV submissions are still accepted [there will never be a closing date for rounds] but beware that there might be some spoiler information posted from now on.
  • Remember, you can play from someone else's save if your previous round didn't go so well, just mention it in your report.

Having the wait of DR31 off my shoulders, I felt this is as good as we'll get to finish this game. I also would like to start the next University the coming weekend hence finishing this one makes sense.

Good luck to everybody!

Round 5 - to 1725AD
Spoiler :
Finished off Toku relatively fast, then I teched to Infantry, upgraded some troops and invaded Gandhi after he built the UN. Took 2 culture cities and he capitulated, leaving him with the UN. My stack composition was 50% cannons as I still expected to lose quite a few of them. It kinda helped that Gandhi ignored Corporation>AL but he had the whole Combustion line - my wooden navy had to play hide and seek from his submarines.

At first Justinian had more pop hence he was the first Secretary General. I had to wait all the way until the next election to get the diplo vote.

Justinian was edging closer to a space win.

Only your actual pop points are counted for eligibility. Your vassals vote for you but that doesn't make you the candidate, only the UN controller and the next highest pop civilization.

Demographics... Byzantine really got huge.

Top 5 cities

Why did it work? Religion+favorite civics and the usual diplo bonuses.

Final analysis:
Not the hardest of games, but not the easiest either.
Gifting a city to Tokugawa was most likely crucial to allow the player to gain a tech lead on him to then war him be it Elepult or renaissance-based.

Finally, Gandhi will probably attempt a culture victory in most saves making him an easy target to invade later on.

Diplomacy was fairly easy with religion happy civs and big civic bonuses.

What sucked most was the land really. The one to th south was great but otherwise it was nothing to write poems about.

~~~

I really need to learn a better report format.

Won at 1715AD:
Spoiler :
DoW Gandhi at t209/210. He's at war with Monty but still leave a decent defense force. Kill 30 units and took 2 cities. Gandhi is capitulated.

Justinian dogpilled Monty. So why not put a stab in his back...

Meanwhile trigger the third GA massing Factories + Coal plants + Airport. Teched Flight and trade it to Gandhi for Radio.

Bribe Zara to DoW Junstinian. I join the war at few turns later when my bombers are ready in place. Capitulate him at t243/244. The war goes quite quickly. Indeed Bombers+Calvaries is a great combination. Some Calvaries survive all the war in this game and get 40+ EXP at last IIRC.

Don't forget to kill his vassal Toku.

DoW Zara at t246. He doesn't resist for long

DoW Qin right after Zara. He can't refuse being capitulated neither.

Conquest at t253.

Well.. won.. at 1876 AD (hmm..)

Spoiler :

Finished off Osaka as stated in last report. Toku was 1 turn from rifling, so took peace at that point and rebuilt.

A few things needed to happen at this point.

1. I was in no position to go after Ghandi and stop his culture attempt. Solution: Justinian took one of Ghandi's culture cities and vassalized him in 1510AD. So no culture threat.

2. Ghandi needed to build the UN after his cultureattempt was cut short. He obliged in 1740AD

3. I needed to get my hands on the remaining parts of Japan, and grow to #1 in pop.
A most fortunate thing was that Justinian & co decalred on Toku by 1660AD. I wasn't really quite ready for it, but also declared a few turns later (waited to be invited in, but wasn't). Needed a few turns to get my cities, but did by 1730AD. Had no real way to get the island city, but Justinian helped out by razing it.

So... was not in contention for the 1st UN election, but got there by the second. After that it was just a matter of changing around civics, religion and grow. Justinian went for space, but was an enigine or two short for his launch (so it was close, but not really worryingly so).

Never got any trades in after the last report either. One AI would have Biology and Medicine before I could research it, and the turn I researched it he'd pass it on to the others (and it didn't feel like fair trading, maybe even gifting or close as soon as I would get it.. but I don't know), so that was a bit annoying and reduced my options a lot.

So, maybe it was a bit fortunate to make it. I couldn't control my own destiny untill Ghandi was vassalized by another AI and then built the UN. But I'll take it.

Main points for me comparing to others:
  • Should be able to ramp up early expansion slightly. Not sure my RNG would allow for some of the expansion seen by others, but who knows.
  • Need to manage my trades better leading up to Lib. Every AI that can be a partner without messing up diplo doesn't have to be. And I wouldn't neccessarily lose out on speed either
  • Need better longterm research. My rate is pathetic compared to others later on

Will look a bit at other saves and see if I can pick up some more, and try again in the next installment :)

Civ4ScreenShot0042.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0046.JPG

Score is kinda pathetic compared to Dingding :)

Civ4ScreenShot0045.JPG

Win,

Cant really rapsodize.(I have 2 CS exams this week) I did what I said I would do in the last report.

Killed Toku, grew a lot, gifted some techs ect ect. Win Diplo.

Again, distracted as the schoolwork has picked up a bit.

Good job everyone.

Attachments

• Diplo win poop0000.JPG
    Diplo win poop0000.JPG
    203.5 KB · Views: 145
  • Score0000.JPG
    Score0000.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 85
  • AutoSave_AD-1812.CivBeyondSwordSave
    413.8 KB · Views: 61
Dodgy diplo victory.

Spoiler :

Dodgy in the fact I avoided an early WHEEOH from Tok by going back a couple of turns. Perhaps next time I'll try the lets gift the crap city move instead. :)

Was just planning an attack on Ghandi using all my troops from the Tok war. Definitely built to many there. Mainly drafted rifles/cannons. When Ghandi built the UN, having Just master of Zara (voluntary) Monte (not :)), Zara and Qin at friendly me with by far the biggest pop meant an easy diplo win. Probably would have struggled otherwise. Apart from Ghandi didn't fancy attacking anyone militarily.

Long term plan was to head for space and a massive ep economy to help steal a lot of the techs I was missing. Not sure how that would have worked out as Just had built Apollo in 1550 so very likely would have to sabotage some of his parts if I was to win through space.

See how I get on next game. :)

Edit. Missed out on Lib 450ADish to Ghandi. Didn't meet him till very late as I never in the whole game had ob with Monte or Tok. That would have helped big time with my tech rate/trade possibilities

Ah, haven't finished mine yet - I played till 150 and 200 a little while back. Not a great situation - I'll post a summary later I guess. Thinking I might try for culture though, in fact, would be interesting to have folks' input on where I am at 200. Could also be a loss but I'm just happy I took down Toku too.

Since it looks like Rusten didn't finish, I want to finish my game. I swore off civ for 4 days and deleted all my saves so I'd have to redo the first 100. But I'm curious as to going medieval on Toku compared against dingding's game.

Also did anyone else
Spoiler :

Settle the triple seafood? I was aiming to get lib and rely on the HE in the capital to knock out the cat's and elephants while the triple seafood knocks out scientists for lib. (I had a GE from the pyramids build the Great Library there)

Top Bottom