Democracy Daily

hi_2k

Chieftain
This is where I will slander, misquote, insult, and generaly deface the reputations of the cabinet. If you have an article, feel free to post it. Letters to the editor? Private message me!:goodjob:

Remember, I will exist meerly to attack all, so dont take offense.

The cabinet appears to support the use of Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) as "Vassals" and "Servants" to research "those techs in the nationalism tree that are not immediately necessary". This and other quotes at a late night meeting, attended by President GreyFox, Trade minister Bill_in_PDX, and domestic affairs minister Eyrei, show that the Government has no respect for our automated friends. A rep from the Computarian group has said "This planned injustice is a horribly in..umm... horribly horrible crime!"

An imposter to thunferfall's throne attempted to gather propietary information last night soon after the chat. He was named TF_2 and said "I am too lazy to type the full name". The whereabouts of the real thunderfall are unknown.

***EDIT***
It apears that this has gone farther than was thought! a imposter donned one of my own nicknames, id10t, tho misspelled, and asked suspicious questions.

Hi2k i gona close this thread due to it's uselles news.We will already have a few historian's ,so that will fill the need to make comment's on the action's of the leader's.

Youre news thread look's more like a tabloit.if anybody feel's that this thread should be let open than i maybe gona open it again ,but by default this thread stay's closed.

edit: Thread re-opend after a pm by an important leader.This tabloid is granted unless somebody here object's to it.

Watch out though with whom you laugh Hi2k.Thunderfall has no real connection with our nation so maybe you should exlude him out of this thread.

Also ,i will allow no insult's to any member of this game or anybody outside it.A bit of humor can be fun and will be allowed ,but anything offensive will be edited out.

If used properly I think this thread will be a very good thing.
Most people read the newspaper for the summary of the action rather than dredging through the details.
I think its a great idea.
I know that this thread will be different than any stats I would post. The stuff here could be somewhere between news and entertainment and could be interesting for everyone. What I'll post would just be facts. Boring for some people. Important for others.
Just wanted to voice my support. :)

this thread will be fine if it is renamed to something like "civ dayly" as a kind of newspaper. the news here may even be false or just rumors, because it is just a newspaper like thread.
maybe we even get 2 or 3 newspapers in our civilization which show different views of the actions taken?

I support the existence of this thread as well. It should provide some humor, and possibly even a mirror for the leadership to admire or loath itself in.:p

Originally posted by eyrei
I support the existence of this thread as well. It should provide some humor, and possibly even a mirror for the leadership to admire or loath itself in.:p
It would have to be "admire". We're far to egotistical to ever loath ourselves. :D

Originally posted by eyrei

I also support this rag,however like the National Enquirer if there is a total mis-communication on the part of the intended victim and the public opinion supports the victim that a retraction an apology be printed,and err on the side of caution

DeputyDomesticMinister Hendrix

Here's the transctipt of an interesting chat last night, it discuses the placing of the proposed cities. [Wednesday 04:59:46] <theGreyFox> I don't know why everyone is so afraid of dense buildin...
[Wednesday 05:00:06] <sike> well, it looks scary fox
[Wednesday 05:00:09] <_ren_> I hate it!
[Wednesday 05:00:23] <sike> it looks like you are crippling your core cities
[Wednesday 05:00:31] <theGreyFox> We will only be able to use 12 of our 20 Tiles until Hospitals... and if dense enough, they are unecessary and so are Pollution
[Wednesday 05:00:35] <sike> did you read my post?
[Wednesday 05:00:40] <theGreyFox> We get more Core Cities
[Wednesday 05:02:22] *** Guest41058 (java@=Qznc-29-24-593-40-aj.blueyonder.co.uk) has joined channel #civfanatics
[Wednesday 05:02:31] *** Guest41058 is now known as joshandsnaz
[Wednesday 05:02:35] <joshandsnaz> hi
[Wednesday 05:02:49] * joshandsnaz is really very bored.
[Wednesday 05:03:35] <theGreyFox> so..
[Wednesday 05:04:47] *** Signoff: sike (Ping Timeout)
[Wednesday 05:05:04] <joshandsnaz> okayy
[Wednesday 05:06:36] *** Guest82837 (java@=Bc5-0rbrq936-89.nas19.los-angeles2.ca.us.da.qwest.net) has joined channel #civfanatics
[Wednesday 05:06:50] *** Guest82837 is now known as sike
[Wednesday 05:07:03] <sike> sorry, got booted
[Wednesday 05:07:29] <sike> anyway, fox have you read my post?
[Wednesday 05:07:36] <theGreyFox> on which thread?
[Wednesday 05:08:11] <sike> the DOC. looking at the first screenshot
[Wednesday 05:08:44] <joshandsnaz> ...
[Wednesday 05:08:49] <theGreyFox> huh?
[Wednesday 05:09:13] <sike> sorry, fox. go back to sleep
[Wednesday 05:09:33] <theGreyFox> what?
[Wednesday 05:09:58] <theGreyFox> Which thread are you talking about? And It's mid day here...
[Wednesday 05:10:03] <theGreyFox> or noon
[Wednesday 05:10:18] <sike> yes, i know it is.
[Wednesday 05:10:27] <sike> do you know the DOC?
[Wednesday 05:10:38] <theGreyFox> Which thread were you talking about.
[Wednesday 05:10:55] <sike> do you know the DOC?
[Wednesday 05:11:04] <theGreyFox> I'm bad with names, and shortcuts can't remember
[Wednesday 05:11:28] <sike> ok. Department of Culture
[Wednesday 05:11:30] <theGreyFox> ahh
[Wednesday 05:13:22] <theGreyFox> read it now...
[Wednesday 05:13:29] <theGreyFox> Ok, back to dense building
[Wednesday 05:14:26] <sike> yah, what did you think of my post
[Wednesday 05:15:55] <sike> it related to dense building
[Wednesday 05:20:50] <theGreyFox> The pros with dense building is that two 12 size cities are better then 1 24 size, Four 12 size cities within the Core area is better then Two 24 size cities, Eight 12 size cities within the Core area is better then 4. Mainly because a lot of the Shields become wasted on nothing when Building, let's say a Tank. The +20 cities maybe have +75 shields with Factories. When the 12 City might have 50+ (I'm just guessing now...). So you build th
[Wednesday 05:23:13] <theGreyFox> anyone reading(?)
[Wednesday 05:23:18] <sike> yes
[Wednesday 05:23:21] <sike> hold on
[Wednesday 05:25:45] <sike> i see your point fox, but is four 12 cities better than four 24 cities?
[Wednesday 05:26:05] <theGreyFox> nope did I say that?
[Wednesday 05:26:15] <sike> nope you didn't
[Wednesday 05:26:52] <sike> once and if you cities get to 12, they're done growing
[Wednesday 05:27:06] <sike> even railroads won't help them
[Wednesday 05:27:07] <theGreyFox> Well, yea... that's the point
[Wednesday 05:27:25] <sike> and the way you have the screenshot drawn out
[Wednesday 05:27:44] <sike> it looks like we'll be lucky to get to a 6 or 8
[Wednesday 05:27:51] <theGreyFox> hmm, no
[Wednesday 05:28:02] <_ren_> Hehe, after a heap of chatting, I have to go
[Wednesday 05:28:03] <sike> they are waaaaayyy to close
[Wednesday 05:28:11] <theGreyFox> the Blue will only get Water Squares
[Wednesday 05:28:20] <sike> cya ren
[Wednesday 05:28:27] <theGreyFox> and sometimes some mountains and forests
[Wednesday 05:28:29] <_ren_> bye all
[Wednesday 05:28:49] <sike> #1 the blue is in the fox nest borders
[Wednesday 05:29:11] <sike> #2 it will probably take at least 2 more tiles
[Wednesday 05:29:51] <sike> you go ahead and place your cities where you want fox. you're the pres
[Wednesday 05:30:25] *** Signoff: joshandsnaz (QUIT: User exited)
[Wednesday 05:31:22] <theGreyFox> No I won't place them there if the Majority of the leaders don't want too... I will listen to my people, we are a Democracy you know. And It's mostly up to the domestic advisor anyway.
[Wednesday 05:32:36] <theGreyFox> I think that the Pros wins over the Cons in a dense building system, but that's me... we are all playing different and there is no such thing as a Universal perfect strategy.
[Wednesday 05:32:41] <sike> well, according to the constitution, expansion is my ball park
[Wednesday 05:32:57] <theGreyFox> cultural yea?
[Wednesday 05:33:23] <sike> i have decision making clout on expansion
[Wednesday 05:33:39] <sike> but i want to work with everyone
[Wednesday 05:34:01] <sike> that's the way it should be
[Wednesday 05:36:35] <sike> that's why i suggested exploring to the NW
[Wednesday 05:36:55] *** Signoff: _ren_ (Ping Timeout)
[Wednesday 05:37:11] <sike> expanded up the coast (at least one city) woul be a healthy move
[Wednesday 05:37:29] <sike> both defensively and productively
[Wednesday 05:38:26] <theGreyFox> yea, but you don't like the pink location? Or was there a Hill there that was better I usually build on hills for the extra 1 food that gives... if I don't have tundra or something beside it, or I need the hill for shields
[Wednesday 05:39:41] <sike> sorry, i liked none of the dots or arrows. i did mention that one hill SW of the warrior
[Wednesday 05:39:54] <sike> as a possible build site
[Wednesday 05:40:05] <sike> but maybe on the third city
[Wednesday 05:40:08] <theGreyFox> that's the one the arrow points at, which is the site I meant
[Wednesday 05:40:30] <theGreyFox> the arrow is the Modified location
[Wednesday 05:40:31] <sike> see we agree on one
[Wednesday 05:40:50] <theGreyFox> yea, but that one is low priority, the north seems better
[Wednesday 05:41:11] <theGreyFox> One city at the pink area first
[Wednesday 05:41:46] <theGreyFox> You know that harbors give +1 food on every Coastal and Sea tile, right?
[Wednesday 05:41:50] <sike> well, i'm typing a post, now. hold on till i get to the picture
[Wednesday 05:47:23] <sike> ok almost there
[Wednesday 05:49:30] <sike> no, i would say one more to the north or NW
[Wednesday 05:50:00] <sike> alls it will take is a short trip up there by the warrior
[Wednesday 05:50:24] <sike> go up on a mountain and survey the territory
[Wednesday 05:51:28] <sike> and the yellow arrow ends behind the 1st warrior, not sw of him like i said
[Wednesday 05:51:58] <theGreyFox> I will probably change the construction of the settler to warrior once the city grows
[Wednesday 05:52:10] <sike> the pink needs to move one more tile north or NW
[Wednesday 05:52:56] <sike> you can change it your first move as a warrior will only take 2 more moves
[Wednesday 05:53:02] <theGreyFox> Further and further away, you are taking away area from the core region, the closer to the capital the less corruption
[Wednesday 05:53:28] <sike> the closer to the capital the more corruption
[Wednesday 05:53:41] <sike> describe corruption...
[Wednesday 05:53:41] <theGreyFox> nope
[Wednesday 05:53:55] <sike> describe corruption...
[Wednesday 05:54:19] <sike> it's the losing of a cities shields, right?
[Wednesday 05:54:24] <theGreyFox> the losses of money (and I mean waste too) and waste, the losses of shields
[Wednesday 05:54:35] <sike> correct
[Wednesday 05:54:53] <theGreyFox> the Red shields and Commerce in a city, have you seen those?
[Wednesday 05:55:05] <sike> so if one cities steals tiles from the other, the other city loses shields
[Wednesday 05:55:10] <sike> that simple
[Wednesday 05:55:24] <theGreyFox> nope only when it needs it, that is after Hospital
[Wednesday 05:56:27] <sike> ok, fox. it's self-imposed corruption, but go ahead. i only hope that i'm re-elected
[Wednesday 05:56:38] <theGreyFox> I hope you are too
[Wednesday 05:56:54] <sike> which mod are we playing anyway?
[Wednesday 05:57:08] <theGreyFox> the original 1.17
[Wednesday 05:57:20] <sike> i don't know. it doesn't seem that i'm well liked
[Wednesday 05:57:46] <theGreyFox> It seems like dense building is less liked then you... I don'
[Wednesday 05:57:56] <sike> no, the mountains and trees are different. this is someones mod
[Wednesday 05:58:08] <sike> hahaha
[Wednesday 05:58:10] <theGreyFox> Everyone, except a few seems to understand dense building
[Wednesday 05:58:15] <sike> you may be right
[Wednesday 05:58:40] <sike> it's very risky
[Wednesday 05:58:55] <theGreyFox> with dense building?
[Wednesday 05:59:02] <sike> you could wind up stunting the nation's growth
[Wednesday 05:59:19] <theGreyFox> Or I may save it
[Wednesday 05:59:27] <theGreyFox> You know the Blue city?
[Wednesday 05:59:32] <sike> you're absolutely right
[Wednesday 05:59:40] <theGreyFox> it will give the nation a whole lot of cash
[Wednesday 05:59:42] <sike> don't like it either
[Wednesday 05:59:58] <sike> it will cripple the capital
[Wednesday 06:00:02] <theGreyFox> no why?
[Wednesday 06:00:25] <sike> it's 2 tiles away...
[Wednesday 06:00:46] <theGreyFox> It has 7 Water tiles it will use, and one of them fish, it won't use any land, only once and a while
[Wednesday 06:00:53] <sike> i don't care if it will use mostly coastal tiles
[Wednesday 06:01:08] <theGreyFox> I don't know what you mean then...
[Wednesday 06:01:12] <sike> it will still steal tiles from the capital
[Wednesday 06:01:17] <sike> big time
[Wednesday 06:01:21] <theGreyFox> no it won't use them.,,,
[Wednesday 06:01:27] <theGreyFox> so it won't steal them either
[Wednesday 06:01:27] <sike> bet me
[Wednesday 06:01:35] <sike> bet me
[Wednesday 06:01:36] <theGreyFox> I don't use Governors
[Wednesday 06:01:58] <theGreyFox> in game governors that is... lOL
[Wednesday 06:02:01] <theGreyFox> LOL
[Wednesday 06:02:02] <sike> i admire your micro management skills
[Wednesday 06:02:48] <sike> like i said pres. it's my responsibilty to tell you what i think and what the people feel
[Wednesday 06:03:08] <sike> if i didn't i wouldn't be doing my job

not that i agree that you should post the conversations people are having when they think they are alone, hi_2k, but why did you stop there? we were just getting into the meat of the discussion. selective editing? going to have to start calling you big brother....

i noticed hi_2k was logged in the chat as hi_2k-logging ,didn't expect though that you would post pieces of the chat session's here.

ah well ,as long as they are kinda on-topic.

A proposal hi_2k ,what do you think of holding interviews?

Just fyi: I do intend to log all that goes on in the chat. If I am there, you may be quoted.
Greyfox and sike did know I was there, I said that I was logging. I found the converstaion to be interesting, and relevant, so I posted it. If you dont want to be quoted, please tell me thru a private message.
and Cyc, that was where sike had to sleep. Sorry if the conversation ended abruptly, complain to him.
I do intend to hold interviews, in fact, I was looking forward to the chat session as a great place for asking questions.

Originally posted by TheDuckOfFlanders
Hi_2k ,fyi: Cyc=Sike (same person)

Well, thx for making me feel really stupid. I knew Cyc seemed familiar other than being a council member.

3500 bc and already the government is trying to control the press. In our new little nation the people have a right to know. We cant just read what the government will and wont allow:
Also ,i will allow no insult's to any member of this game or anybody outside it.A bit of humor can be fun and will be allowed ,but anything offensive will be edited out.
are we commenting on a game of democracy or is the only news source our version of PRAVDA:p

Originally posted by dikwhit
3500 bc and already the government is trying to control the press. In our new little nation the people have a right to know. We cant just read what the government will and wont allow:
are we commenting on a game of democracy or is the only news source our version of PRAVDA:p
Ducky isn't the government. He's God.

i thought god was already a citizen (re:registry).
and why is ducky( supreme being?) trying to control the press?
how do we have a press, we dont have writing?

confused?
:confused:
:confused: :confused:
you wont be, after the next episode of "news":p :p :p

Originally posted by dikwhit
i thought god was already a citizen (re:registry).
The God you're thinking of is a Phoenatican with a potent name. The Duck of Flanders is the all powerful diety of the Phoenatican universe.
and why is ducky( supreme being?) trying to control the press?
The supreme being is trying to foment an aura of goodwill, fellowship and fun. His instructions to us, his lowly worshipers, was basically to "Be good to each other, and party on Dude!"
how do we have a press, we dont have writing?
We've got a democracy too but the only government we know is despotism. ;)

Top Bottom