Deporting Disabled Children?

Yep, and right now, the  easily solved conditions are going to be solved by gene therapy.
imo designer babies are inevitable the moment testing and intervention of that nature is possible, and people will complain about how it's done regardless of how it happens

Yep, and right now, the  easily solved conditions are going to be solved by gene therapy.

Sure, then I'd recommend intentionally funding that research, if you believe it. Figure out where it's going to happen first, and then put money where it will hire graduate students.

I thought that Cystic Fibrosis will be the one that starts a real cascade of people innovating off of a good breakthrough. I feel no need to be correct in picking a winner, just as long as the ball moves forwards.

I want a couple Slaaneshi... pe...erm, crab claws.

imo designer babies are inevitable the moment testing and intervention of that nature is possible, and people will complain about how it's done regardless of how it happens
That genie is out of the bottle.

That genie is out of the bottle.
as far as i've heard, right now that's only true in very limited fashion. it's not clear to what extent genetic manipulation can go too. maybe we all lose tons of iq points because the next generation has been engineered smarter in a literal sense lol. i suspect that kind of thing will be more controversial than "prevent horrible genetic conditions" too.

Top Bottom